Marvin Harrison tried to kill someone, then had him killed

gmac17

The man that was killed was a punk and constantly threatened him, so in the end it was only the "fat man" who is to blame for coming back for more.

the guy who got killed was indeed a piece of crap. But that doesn't mean Marvin Harrison shouldn't be in jail for the rest of his life.

the guy who got killed was indeed a piece of crap. But that doesn't mean Marvin Harrison shouldn't be in jail for the rest of his life.

Not my belief... a man defending himself from someone who is consistently threatening him AND with harm is NOT something I would consider a criminal offense. We need more justice in this country, not more sympathy for punk bullies who think they can intimidate citizens.

I understand people sympathizing with Harrison due to the shady character of the guy he shot. But keep in mind he also shot an innocent bystander, and it sounds like he also showed little regard for a small child who was nearby.

exactly - some poor family was driving down the street when Marvin Harrison fires bullets into his car, and into the back of some guy walking down the street. Could you imagine having bullets go into your car where you have a 2 year old, and then not talking to police at all because you are afraid of getting killed?

Agreed. This is just as bad as Rae Carruth. Murder is murder.

I understand people sympathizing with Harrison due to the shady character of the guy he shot. But keep in mind he also shot an innocent bystander, and it sounds like he also showed little regard for a small child who was nearby.

In the heat of the moment, he may not have realized what his surroundings consisted of... very plausible. If someone came at me with their car, who knows what else they are capable of.

In the heat of the moment, he may not have realized what his surroundings consisted of... very plausible. If someone came at me with their car, who knows what else they are capable of.

"heat of the moment" doesn't make putting a bullet into a bystander and shooting a car with a family inside it any better.

Did anyone notice the last sentence, talking about through the eyes of this douche.... who is Mr. Nixon anyways? Maybe someone wants some $$$... seems weird to me...just my opinion though... LETS GO BILLS

he is the guy who was walking down the street and who saw it all and who Marvin Harrison shot in the back. who is now in an undisclosed prison, probably under a fake name because Marvin Harrison wants him dead.

Not my belief... a man defending himself from someone who is consistently threatening him AND with harm is NOT something I would consider a criminal offense. We need more justice in this country, not more sympathy for punk bullies who think they can intimidate citizens.

I don't think it's sympathy. It's more like following a system that would prevent people taking the law into their own hands. Not that I don't think it's justified sometimes. But there would be a lot innocent people hurt if that were allowed to happen.

I don't think it's sympathy. It's more like following a system that would prevent people taking the law into their own hands. Not that I don't think it's justified sometimes. But there would be a lot innocent people hurt if that were allowed to happen.

Really? Following the same system who would rather release criminals because they can't afford to put them in prisons because they have to have all of these amenities and facilities which the homeless don't even have?

Just a differing opinion on justice...

Really? Following the same system who would rather release criminals because they can't afford to put them in prisons because they have to have all of these amenities and facilities which the homeless don't even have?

Just a differing opinion on justice...

Dude, he shot a freaking bystander. My god.

The level of response in this thread is disheartening.

If Harrison felt the shooting was justified, and felt his life was in danger from a drug dealer, he should have owned up to it. There is not a jury who would have convicted him. And having done the right thing, and being a Philly native son and celebrity, he'd have police protection around the clock if it was warranted.

I hadn't realized how proximal Harrison's "Playmakers" bar is to me: only 4.5 miles and just two blocks north of where a good friend lives (she lives on 25th and Poplar Street, which is on the cusp of being on the wrong side of the tracks).

The article also mentions a youtube clip with Harrison and Suzy Kolber, and i was completely surprised that at the end of the clip, Harrison mentions that when he is home in Philadelphia, he gets a cheese steak from "Delassandro's in Roxborough", which is exactly 3 blocks away from my residence. I thought that was pretty crazy.

Justice is not shooting people. Yeah the guy was a scum bag, but it doesn't exactly sound like Marvin was doing all he could to stay out of it. It also sounded like he had a few people in his employ that would shoot or beat up someone. The logic behind the whole thing is screwy.

If you shoot someone in true self-defense (where you are about to be killed yourself) that is one thing, but to just decide that you've had enough of a guy bothering you and instead of calling the cops have him shot is a criminal activity.

HE CONSPIRED TO KILL A MAN!

Here's what doesn't make sense to me at all. Nixon fears for his life, yet he's suing Harrison for damages. Sounds to me like a nice smear campaign in the hopes of cashing out.

The man has, from the evidence alluded to in the article, a bullet STILL lodged in his body from a gun he saw being shot from Marvin Harrison. No need to smear. A simple ballistics test and confirmation will confirm the case against Harrison.

Harrison smeared himself when he lied to the cops and made self-incriminating statements.

As for fearing for his life, Nixon has good reason given the amount of murdered witnesses in Philly mentioned in the story. He might win his damages and get whacked all the same. But that's his choice.

Just remember this story was told through the eyes of a man that is suing Harrison, and who also had discrepancies in his story to the police.

No one knows what happened except for those that were there, and 1 is dead, and outside of this man, for reasons none of us know, no one else is talking.

No one also knows what other evidence the police do or do not have. The prosecutor didn't feel comfortable bringing this case us because of the character of the witnesses. Is that the whole truth? We don't know.

Did anyone notice the last sentence, talking about through the eyes of this douche.... who is Mr. Nixon anyways? Maybe someone wants some $$$... seems weird to me...just my opinion though... LETS GO BILLS

So you think he probably took the bullet in the back with the intention of hitting Marvin up for money later....there are easier ways to con someone out of money.

The man has, from the evidence alluded to in the article, a bullet STILL lodged in his body from a gun he saw being shot from Marvin Harrison. No need to smear. A simple ballistics test and confirmation will confirm the case against Harrison.

Keep in mind that the police found casings from multiple guns, not just Harrison's 5-7 caliber (there were 9 mm casings as well). We don't know what kind of bullet is in Nixon's back. We have no idea who fired first and things of that nature.

What is pretty obvious is that to at least some degree, Harrison endangered the public by his actions. He didn't have to take that fight to the street. He could have called the cops before it escalated, but he didn't. As a result, someone was shot and a toddler came very close to being a shot. He should have been prosecuted for this.

You can take the thug out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the thug, no matter how mild-mannered he may appear to be.

Keep in mind that the police found casings from multiple guns, not just Harrison's 5-7 caliber (there were 9 mm casings as well). We don't know what kind of bullet is in Nixon's back. We have no idea who fired first and things of that nature.

What is pretty obvious is that to at least some degree, Harrison endangered the public by his actions. He didn't have to take that fight to the street. He could have called the cops before it escalated, but he didn't. As a result, someone was shot and a toddler came very close to being a shot. He should have been prosecuted for this.

You can take the thug out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the thug, no matter how mild-mannered he may appear to be.

True. Nothing is definitive until that bullet is run through a ballistics lab. But, given the fact that Nixon was running AWAY from the direction that Harrison was shooting and had his back to him, it's a pretty good bet that the slug in his back is the 5-7. To my knowledge, based on the article, the only 5-7s mentioned were the two owned by and licensed to Harrison. Just putting two and two together. But again, as you imply, we won't know anything definitive until the slug is removed from Nixon and tested.

wow... harrison conspires to kill a man and shoots someone, and the board seems to give a collective "meh."

yet, vick had a dogfighting operation and lynch accidentally hit someone and stole $20 and they should both be drawn, quartered, and hanged..

:unsure:

wow... harrison conspires to kill a man and shoots someone, and the board seems to give a collective "meh."

yet, vick had a dogfighting operation and lynch accidentally hit someone and stole $20 and they should both be drawn, quartered, and hanged..

Perception is reality. Marvin was known as a soft spoken, good guy.

Lynch and Vick were know for reppin the hood.

Perception is reality. Marvin was known as a soft spoken, good guy.

Lynch and Vick were know for reppin the hood.

And the fact that no charges have been filed against Harrison goes a long way too. Giving Harrison the benefit of doubt seems completely reasonable to me especially when the bulk of the quotes come from two guys with questionable histories. The whole thing about them not wanting to talk right away is a major red flag too.