Why is my wife so slow?

Tipster19

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just one of many questions that I been finding myself asking lately. The frustration in my life has been building like a pressure cooker and here's some crap that's been happening that I can't understand.

I was going thru the grocery store line and handed the cashier a gift card and she promptly hits the wrong button. She turns and asks what key to use, food or cash, I ask if there's a key for a career change.

My daughter and her husband came back home from Rochester to SW Florida a week ago Sunday at 5:30 AM, both unemployed. The next night, Monday, my wife's father passed away unexpectedly. The house turns into emotional shambles. The following night, Tuesday, I fall asleep on the couch at about 10:45 PM. My daughter has horrific stomach pain. My son-in-law takes her to emergency at about 11:15 PM. On the way there they get pulled over and guess who gets arrested for having a suspended license for an unpaid traffic ticket? That's right, my dearly beloved (sarcasm) son-in-law. I go the scene of the incident and see him in the back of a squad car and a EMT taking my daughter to emergency because of her "chest pains". I'm just getting warmed up, this **** gets better. Here I'm stuck moving their car as they both get whisked off to different destinations.

Oh, it's going to be a looonng night and sure as **** it was. Now I have to stay up all night for dual reasons, (a) make sure that my daughter is alright, turned out to be gallstones, and (b) to bail out my son-in-law. Well, now that it's 6:30 AM and I have to be to work at 9:00 AM to a job that I can't stand (car sales), btw, I never grew up wanting to be a car salesman, I don't know how this **** happened, I always wanted to be a cowboy, astronaut or a fireman! Ok, back to this nightmare. I get the call from the bondsman and he tells me that it will ONLY cost me a $100.00. Well that's just !@#$ing great because I only have $80.00. How tempting was it for me to tell them to keep that little prick??! VERY!

Listen, if any of you don't want to hear anymore whining then get out now but I'm finding this bizarre bs that is my life very therapeutic. Alright, back to my misery. I get all this bs straighten out and go back to work on Thursday (my normal day off) and try to get my momentum rolling again. It wasn't a bad day but nothing spectacular neither. I go to work Friday and I'm starting to feel my mojo, because let me tell you something, this career or job or what ever in the hell that you want to call it, is ALL about a positive mental attitude but this isn't going to be allowed. Around 12:00 PM (lunch time) my wife calls to let me know that the proscessor from the courthouse is serving us papers to respond in 20 days or get the !@#$ out of our house that we have been in for the last 14 years. Of course my wife hasn't been thru enough already, let's add more. The worse part is that it's my fault, not hers, for me being a punk ass wise guy and not doing the responsible thing like getting a proper education and taking on a more stable job. Why she married me is beyond me, that's the only thing that she's guilty or accountable for is making that decision.

Well, today I had enough. After working HOURS UPON HOURS with a couple of customers this week-end, whose perception is that you are nothing but a lying scumbag and then because they wanted to wait a few hours to "think about it", I'm so sick of hearing that bs!, and then have some boss' pet sell the vehicle out from under you was just too much for me today. I've had it! I had a major meltdown and just said "!@#$ this ****!" and just walked out. Needless to say that I don't have anything else lined up and I'm TOTALLY screwed.

Now that I'm calming down, and drunk, I ask myself, "Why is this **** happening to me?", and then it occurred to me. Do you want to know why this is happening to me? It's because I'm a !@#$ing lifelong Buffalo Bill fan that's why and **** NEVER goes our way!!!

Btw, my wife is still slow as a snail and I can't blame that on the Bills.

Well you've bottomed out hopfully which is not a bad place to be when things go to shyt. 20 days or get out of the house? Might be too late but I'd get on the horn with the bank and make a deal. Maybe they let you go interest only for a while. One day at a time but make them count. Time to eat matches and shyt fire.

How do you turn a dishwasher into a snowblower? Hand her a shovel....

Anyways, remember that you can do anything you want and it is never too late to start

jonramz, this was just the post I was looking for. :D

As I sat down to read this, I came across your post and low and behold, I looked up and there was my little dynamite package of a ladie, outside the window, shoveling the drive-way <_< .

As I sat down to read this, I came across your post and low and behold, I looked up and there was my little dynamite package of a ladie, outside the window, shoveling the drive-way <_< .

That, my friends, is the definition of a keeper.

Tipster,

You know the saying, When life hands you lemons......................

Hang in there bud. You want a job you like, stop and think about this, follow your passion. Do the unexpected, don't keep going to jobs that drag you down, go after what it is thats tickles your fancy.

As for your wife being slow..............well, I keep wondering why mine keeps on buying decaf.........WTF?

As Bill fan who moved away all I can say is, you people need help. When you die is your last thought going to be, my football team let me down and it cascaded into a series of unfortunate life events for me? I wish I did things different. The NFL has passed the Bills by, and maybe its time to let it go.

I've moved away too. But I think that knowing deep down that the NFL HAS passed the Bills by, is EXACTLY why I cheer all the louder when the Bills do score TDs on Sundays. I'm cheering not just for a team but for a City that I can't give up on, no matter how bleak things are.

Listen, this was a weak stab at humor. I WANT to hear smart ass sarcasm, it will help to keep my sanity. This **** really can't be real but unfortunately it is. One thing that's for sure, I like many from our region have the same mentality and that is what Tim Russert was proud of when he referred to how we as Bills' fans keep getting knocked down but we also keep getting back up.

All right - What the F--- are you doing with your drunk'in ass on-line right now??? Stop talking about the proud things Tim Russert used to brag about and start being it. I think your family needs you sober and confident right now. Great example your setting for your "prick" son-in-law - things get tough...get hammered. Seems you have kept your sense of humor, but get your sh-t together and start making things happen instead of waiting for them to happen. Perhaps you and your Russert worshiping drunken antics are a microcosm of what ails WNY. You wanted to be a cowboy - well cowboy up then be a man.

Sorry...but hope this helps keep your sanity....

Tipster -

All I know is that Bills fans are the most hearty in the country, and I say this having lived around the country. To root for a team that has NEVER won a championship (two teams for us Sabres fans), to come back year after year, to continually brave the elements and sell out games even with a community the fraction of most others in the NFL and a revenue base that's shrinking and to do so when there's nothing left to be won - that's a Bills fan.

That sense of hope and loyalty will somehow get you through this too. You're not the only one looking for work - esp not in WNY - so hang in there. Good luck - we all deserve a couple of bounces to go our way!

Well, today I had enough. After working HOURS UPON HOURS with a couple of customers this week-end, whose perception is that you are nothing but a lying scumbag and then because they wanted to wait a few hours to "think about it", I'm so sick of hearing that bs!, and then have some boss' pet sell the vehicle out from under you was just too much for me today. I've had it! I had a major meltdown and just said "!@#$ this ****!" and just walked out. Needless to say that I don't have anything else lined up and I'm TOTALLY screwed.

You should read any and all of the books by Joe Girard, who has virtually every record for selling cars in the known universe. Basically he says every time someone walks into a dealership you either sell them, or they sell you---normally a membership to the "be back club", a club that has lots of members but makes you no money...

If you plan on continuing to sell cars, I would highly recommend reading these books. I don't sell cars, but it has helped in my industry as well. As they would say in my industry...no excuses, just results...

You think you have it bad?

My wife keeps putting my tee-shirts on hangers.

WTF!

At least she does the laudry. %$!*. I have to do mine, the kids and hers not all at but most of the time. Sad. Sad. Sad.... Me that is!!

By the way, I am tired, beat up and trying to get some work done and come in here (TBD) looking for a diversion and I must I cried laughing a few times reading your post. Just the funny worded parts.

That said, God bless you and the family in dealing with the house, $, and the loss of you father-in-law.

Hang in there Tipster!! Peace.

Huh...

I always thought women didn't shovel snow, because there was no snow between the bedroom and the kitchen.

My wife is slow too and it drive me nuts. Why is it that where ever we go, no matter how far the drive, when we get there she is NEVER ready to get out of the car. Makeup, check phone, purse, button coat. WHY DIDN'T YOU START DOING THAT SH*T WHEN YOU SAW WE WERE ALMOST THERE!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Ain't that the truth! LOL! Hey, I just got a text from my boss. All is good and I'll be back at the rockpile first thing in the morning! I should really get drunk more often!

stick it to the man!

stick it to the man!

stick it to the man!

give me a sweet deal well below sticker on a new ride. it's the only way to teach 'em.

to the OP,

sorry for the drama bro but let me tell ya something......

I walked out on a job, a well paying one at that. I was fu..ing just plain fed up with it, could not take it anymore, I was very unhappy.

this happened about 7 yrs ago, it took a couple of months but I found a better job even thought it was at a much lower pay scale than the one I had before. But you know what????

I am glad I made the move because I feel like I got my life back, everybody at the time including family thought I was crazy but alot of people told me I look happier since I left, which is a good thing.

sometimes in this life you had to follow your heart and intuitions , and I hope everything turns out ok.

and if your wife is slow I would get a faster model lol