Why is my wife so slow?

Tipster19

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tipster i feel for ya man. big time. can u elaborate on speed of wifey? u trying to say she doesnt get it? like a little spaced out. most people get like that.

No, I started this stupid thread as a joke and then it took a wicked turn. It was meant originally about the stereotypical wife dragging their ass to whatever function that you're trying to go to. That **** drives me crazy, like a lot of other husbands. You have to excuse me, I'm a few cocktails in.

I'm hoping other posters will use this thread to vent their rants and frustrations. I'm not looking for ANY kind of sympathy from anyone, I just wanted to vent and thought I was funny. It feels good to let **** go and I thought that I would blame the Bills, everyone else does.

No it won't, it just makes him a douche for screwing his family who's already been through enough. Can't pay the bills already and you walk out on your source of income because you hate your job? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the hell over it, man up and go to work to make a living. You don't like your job, actively pursue another.

Nothing personal tipster, but it needs to be said. Ask yourself, WWBCD?

classy. i think saying this makes you a douche. nothing personal, but it needs to be said.

very sensitive. uncool.

He's cool, no offense taken.

You think you have it bad?

My wife keeps putting my tee-shirts on hangers.

WTF!

THAT'S EXACTLY what I was looking for! Touche!

What's your wife's number...I like it slow. :huh:

Don't go there, now that's uncool.

No, I started this stupid thread as a joke and then it took a wicked turn. It was meant originally about the stereotypical wife dragging their ass to whatever function that you're trying to go to. That **** drives me crazy, like a lot of other husbands. You have to excuse me, I'm a few cocktails in.

I'm hoping other posters will use this thread to vent their rants and frustrations. I'm not looking for ANY kind of sympathy from anyone, I just wanted to vent and thought I was funny. It feels good to let **** go and I thought that I would blame the Bills, everyone else does.

I've got so much student loan debt and no real job. This economy is a P.O.S. I often daydream about what Pacific Island creditors would have the most difficulty in finding me. Can't get blood from a stone though. BTW I'm leaning toward Vanuatu.

Listen, don't be retarded. Car salesmen are a dime a dozen and I happen to be a pretty good one. As long as I can walk and talk then I can replace this bs job. I do respect your view on destituding my family but everyone has a boiling point and today I hit mine. Did you ever watch the moving "Falling Down"? I always thought there was an awful lot of truth in that movie.

Needless to say that I don't have anything else lined up and I'm TOTALLY screwed.

That's a pretty quick change on your outlook. I hope you're right and it does work out for you.

Sure everyone has their boiling point, but they also have respect for their family and won't let their anger punish those they love. Would I love to tell my boss off? Hell yeah! But the day of joy that would give me pales in comparison to the pain it would cause my wife and child.

Think about it, get ****-faced tonight, pick your chin up tomorrow and turn it around.

That's a pretty quick change on your outlook. I hope you're right and it does work out for you.

Sure everyone has their boiling point, but they also have respect for their family and won't let their anger punish those they love. Would I love to tell my boss off? Hell yeah! But the day of joy that would give be pales in comparison to the pain it would cause my wife and child.

Think about it, get ****-faced tonight, pick your chin up tomorrow and turn it around.

I hear ya. My temper always costed me, or should I say my family. Now that I'm pretty much an old man it takes a lot more to boil over but today was that day. I don't dispute your opinion, you're right but I guess that's what makes me who I am and unfortunately for my wife she's stuck with me because I ain't NEVER letting that diamond go. LOL!

This is just one of many questions that I been finding myself asking lately. The frustration in my life has been building like a pressure cooker and here's some crap that's been happening that I can't understand.

I was going thru the grocery store line and handed the cashier a gift card and she promptly hits the wrong button. She turns and asks what key to use, food or cash, I ask if there's a key for a career change.

My daughter and her husband came back home from Rochester to SW Florida a week ago Sunday at 5:30 AM, both unemployed. The next night, Monday, my wife's father passed away unexpectedly. The house turns into emotional shambles. The following night, Tuesday, I fall asleep on the couch at about 10:45 PM. My daughter has horrific stomach pain. My son-in-law takes her to emergency at about 11:15 PM. On the way there they get pulled over and guess who gets arrested for having a suspended license for an unpaid traffic ticket? That's right, my dearly beloved (sarcasm) son-in-law. I go the scene of the incident and see him in the back of a squad car and a EMT taking my daughter to emergency because of her "chest pains". I'm just getting warmed up, this **** gets better. Here I'm stuck moving their car as they both get whisked off to different destinations.

Oh, it's going to be a looonng night and sure as **** it was. Now I have to stay up all night for dual reasons, (a) make sure that my daughter is alright, turned out to be gallstones, and (b) to bail out my son-in-law. Well, now that it's 6:30 AM and I have to be to work at 9:00 AM to a job that I can't stand (car sales), btw, I never grew up wanting to be a car salesman, I don't know how this **** happened, I always wanted to be a cowboy, astronaut or a fireman! Ok, back to this nightmare. I get the call from the bondsman and he tells me that it will ONLY cost me a $100.00. Well that's just !@#$ing great because I only have $80.00. How tempting was it for me to tell them to keep that little prick??! VERY!

Listen, if any of you don't want to hear anymore whining then get out now but I'm finding this bizarre bs that is my life very therapeutic. Alright, back to my misery. I get all this bs straighten out and go back to work on Thursday (my normal day off) and try to get my momentum rolling again. It wasn't a bad day but nothing spectacular neither. I go to work Friday and I'm starting to feel my mojo, because let me tell you something, this career or job or what ever in the hell that you want to call it, is ALL about a positive mental attitude but this isn't going to be allowed. Around 12:00 PM (lunch time) my wife calls to let me know that the proscessor from the courthouse is serving us papers to respond in 20 days or get the !@#$ out of our house that we have been in for the last 14 years. Of course my wife hasn't been thru enough already, let's add more. The worse part is that it's my fault, not hers, for me being a punk ass wise guy and not doing the responsible thing like getting a proper education and taking on a more stable job. Why she married me is beyond me, that's the only thing that she's guilty or accountable for is making that decision.

Well, today I had enough. After working HOURS UPON HOURS with a couple of customers this week-end, whose perception is that you are nothing but a lying scumbag and then because they wanted to wait a few hours to "think about it", I'm so sick of hearing that bs!, and then have some boss' pet sell the vehicle out from under you was just too much for me today. I've had it! I had a major meltdown and just said "!@#$ this ****!" and just walked out. Needless to say that I don't have anything else lined up and I'm TOTALLY screwed.

Now that I'm calming down, and drunk, I ask myself, "Why is this **** happening to me?", and then it occurred to me. Do you want to know why this is happening to me? It's because I'm a !@#$ing lifelong Buffalo Bill fan that's why and **** NEVER goes our way!!!

Btw, my wife is still slow as a snail and I can't blame that on the Bills.

So what's the problem?

No it won't, it just makes him a douche for screwing his family who's already been through enough. Can't pay the bills already and you walk out on your source of income because you hate your job? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get the hell over it, man up and go to work to make a living. You don't like your job, actively pursue another.

Nothing personal tipster, but it needs to be said. Ask yourself, WWBCD?

If his kids were young and dependent, and this was a career and not just a "job", I'd totally agree with you. I think sometimes you just get to the point in life where you have to say, "F-it". In fact, waking up the next day and realizing you have to pound the pavement to find something new can be a real kick in the arse and serve as a source of motivation. Nobody was encouraging him to quit his job, he felt the need to do it himself. Therefore, I support him fully and wish him all the best in completing his venting session tonight, and then spending tomorrow seeing what life has in store for him next in terms of employment.

Besides, chances are if he really wanted his job back, he could sit down with the owner and explain the circumstances...obviously tipster's been through it the past few days.

Cant reference to this story enough:

An old man and his son worked on a small farm, with only one horse to pull the plow. One day, the horse ran away.

“How terrible,” sympathized the neighbors. “What bad luck.”

“Who knows whether it is good luck or bad luck,” the farmer replied.

A week later, the horse returned from the mountains, leading five wild mares into the barn.

“What wonderful luck!” said the neighbors.

“Good luck? Bad luck? Who knows?” answered the old man.

The next day, the son, trying to tame one of the horses, fell and broke his leg.

“How terrible. What bad luck!”

“Bad luck? Good luck?”

The army came to all the farms to take young men for war, but the farmer’s son was of no use to them, so

he was spared.

“Good? Bad?”

I know your not looking for sympathy Tipster, but hey, you have all your senses and can still enjoy the little things, especially beer and whiskey!

Look on the bright side.

At least, um, you know how they say that if there was a person in a boat and that person had only two different choices then when he made one the other one was probably the same as saying, 'wait, ya know what ? No!' and that was the first time you ever thought that all of our relations were that way so I mean as long as you do what that old expression is, you can be it!

There! All better.