Bills Have two options & two options only @HC

Dr. Trooth

If Ralph is serious about fielding a winning team, it's either Marty or Cowher. It's that simple.

Billick, Fassel, Martz & Haslett are duds.

The thought of bringing in a rookie HC (ie. Frazier, Grimm, Mini Shotty, or any other dude with no professional HC experience) that doesn't have a clue as to how to build a team will be a disaster... as in another lost decade.

If the Bills were in situation where they were turning over a 10-6 or 11-5 team, with established core players that were not aging, you can take a shot at a good coordinator. But, the Bills aren't close to that.

I believe the blueprint for a HC is one that understands Buffalo... Blue collar, cold-windy climate October forward. You can't win with a defense that depends on small players and speed. Once the weather elements kick in, the small speedy defense will be neutralized.

Marty has used the 4-3 and the 3-4, and Cowher the 3-4. Both had dynamic running games and pass rushers wherever they coached. Cowher had Foster, the Bus as powerful runners, and Lloyd & Porter as rushers. Marty had Byner, the Nigerian Nightmare, & Tomlinson... Smith, Thomas, Merriman. Marty or Cowher will immeidately be able to look at this roster and know who is salvageable and who is not.

I want Cowher. But, it looks like Ralph aint on the same page. If Ralph won't bring in Cowher, the only other qualified candidate is Marty. The consolation prize in getting Marty is that, supposedly, Nix and he are practically joined at the hip. That could be a benefit, but it also could be a detriment... If they're both right... yeah! If they're both wrong... Boo!

So, Ralph... put up or shut up, cuz us fans aren't gonna shut up. We're gonna continue to be on your a$$ til this disaster of a team is fixed. So far, we're not impressed with Nix. You think we were pissed when you made that move? You ain't seen nothing yet... go ahead and bring in another worthless rookie HC that has to learn on the job and it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. At age 91 you don't have a lot of time to leave a legacy that will be on the "plus" side of the ledger. I hope you do the right thing for the fans and Buffalo, and in the end go out in a blaze of glory rather than continue down the same road we have for the past 10 seasons.

:wallbash:

If Ralph is serious about fielding a winning team, it's either Marty or Cowher. It's that simple.

The thought of bringing in a rookie HC (ie. Frazier, Grimm, Mini Shotty, or any other dude with no professional HC experience) that doesn't have a clue as to how to build a team will be a disaster... as in another lost decade.

If the Bills were in situation where they were turning over a 10-6 or 11-5 team, with established core players that were not aging, you can take a shot at a good coordinator. But, the Bills aren't close to that.

I believe the blueprint for a HC is one that understands Buffalo... Blue collar, cold-windy climate October forward. You can't win with a defense that depends on small players and speed. Once the weather elements kick in, the small speedy defense will be neutralized.

Marty has used the 4-3 and the 3-4, and Cowher the 3-4. Both had dynamic running games and pass rushers wherever they coached. Cowher had Foster, the Bus as powerful runners, and Lloyd & Porter as rushers. Marty had Byner, the Nigerian Nightmare, & Tomlinson... Smith, Thomas, Merriman. Marty or Cowher will immeidately be able to look at this roster and know who is salvageable and who is not.

I want Cowher. But, it looks like Ralph aint on the same page. If Ralph won't bring in Cowher, the only other qualified candidate is Marty. The consolation prize in getting Marty is that, supposedly, Nix and he are practically joined at the hip. That could be a benefit, but it also could be a detriment... If they're both right... yeah! If they're both wrong... Boo!

So, Ralph... put up or shut up, cuz us fans aren't gonna shut up. We're gonna continue to be on your a$$ til this disaster of a team is fixed. So far, we're not impressed with Nix. You think we were pissed when you made that move? You ain't seen nothing yet... go ahead and bring in another worthless rookie HC that has to learn on the job and it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. At age 91 you don't have a lot of time to leave a legacy that will be on the "plus" side of the ledger. I hope you do the right thing for the fans and Buffalo, and in the end go out in a blaze of glory rather than continue down the same road we have for the past 10 seasons.

So far, no one good want to come. It isn't the money. It is the working environment. I have no idea how we ahve come this far. Now Ralph is waving a check of millions of dollars at Cowher, Shanahan, even Grimm and Riveria, and they all said no thank you. How sad is that?

boy it is that simple. lief must be easy for you. Marty has said a million times HE IS DONE, and Cowher has to agree to work here. Russ and Buddy cant club him and throw him into the back of a black van. So since neither seem to be coming here I guess we just dont play football because these two guys are the only options. Hell we cant get Marty out of retirement, guess its time to sell the team. C'mon

So what makes people so enamored with Cowher but Billick is a dud? Are you smoking something? Billick has as many Superbowl wins as Cowher, and if it weren't for one sided officiating in the Superbowl againt Seattle, Cowher still wouldn't have even one. Is it just the ugly faces that he makes on the sidelines that people love so much? I mean, he is a good coach, but Lombardi he isn't.

Yes, any coordinator we hire will automatically result in a lost decade :wallbash:

Where do people come up with this stuff?

I agree that people are (predictably) going overboard on that train of thought, but I can understand the idea. Follow this analogy:

Let's say you are a young lad and once a week you go to your grandmother's house after school for a visit and dinner. She's a sweet old woman, but a notoriously bad cook. She's made a few great meals in her life, but overall, it's been an ugly experience.

3 weeks ago you went over there and she made you dinner. It smelled good, but after you ate it, you had the ***** for the rest of the week.

2 weeks ago you went over there and she again made you dinner. You asked if maybe you could just order pizza from a reputable place, but she would have nothing of it. This dinner didn't quite smell as good, and while it tasted good at first, you ended up puking.

Last week you went over there and begged her to just order a pizza. So she did, but she ordered from a restaurant that is known to suck and had already been closed twice for health code violations. You ate it begrudingly and shat painful blood for 7 days.

Now it's time to go to grandma's again. You did your homework and wrote down the numbers of a few great, award winning pizza places. They are far away and it's possible they won't deliver to her house, but you gotta at least try to sweet talk them. Tell them you won't use a coupon and you'll tip their driver extra. You beg your sweet grandmother to, for once in her life, ORDER THE GOOD PIZZA!!!

Now she's sitting there at the counter. The ingredients for her latest casserole are out of the fridge. This could be the time she gets the recipe right, but her track record is poor. You have the phone number for the pizza places.

What do you do?

(*And FWIW, I can't believe I just typed all of that out to make a simple, somewhat humorous point. I think I need to spend my lunch break in different ways. Maybe therapy. :devil:)

I agree that people are (predictably) going overboard on that train of thought, but I can understand the idea. Follow this analogy:

Let's say you are a young lad and once a month you go to your grandmother's house after school for a visit and dinner. She's a sweet old woman, but a notoriously bad cook. She's made a few great meals in her life, but overall, it's been an ugly experience.

3 weeks ago you went over there and she made you dinner. It smelled good, but after you ate it, you had the ***** for the rest of the week.

2 weeks ago you went over there and she again made you dinner. You asked if maybe you could just order pizza from a reputable place, but she would have nothing of it. This dinner didn't quite smell as good, and while it tasted good at first, you ended up puking.

Last week you went over there and begged her to just order a pizza. So she did, but she ordered from a restaurant that is known to suck and had already been closed twice for health code violations. You ate it begrudingly and shat painful blood for 7 days.

Now it's time to go to grandma's again. You did your homework and wrote down the numbers of a few great, award winning pizza places. They are far away and it's possible they won't deliver to her house, but you gotta at least try to sweet talk them. Tell them you won't use a coupon and you'll tip their driver extra. You beg your sweet grandmother to, for once in her life, ORDER THE GOOD PIZZA!!!

Now she's sitting there at the counter. The ingredients for her latest casserole are out of the fridge. This could be the time she gets the recipe right, but her track record is poor. You have the phone number for the pizza places.

What do you do?

(*And FWIW, I can't believe I just typed all of that out to make a simple, somewhat humorous point. I think I need to spend my lunch break in different ways. Maybe therapy. :wallbash:)

That analogy would work if there were established winning coaches willing to come to Buffalo.

Let's say you are a young lad and once a month you go to your grandmother's house after school for a visit and dinner. She's a sweet old woman, but a notoriously bad cook. She's made a few great meals in her life, but overall, it's been an ugly experience.

What do you do?

(*And FWIW, I can't believe I just typed all of that out to make a simple, somewhat humorous point. I think I need to spend my lunch break in different ways. Maybe therapy. :devil:)

Post of the Month right here.. Classic :wallbash:

What do you do?

(*And FWIW, I can't believe I just typed all of that out to make a simple, somewhat humorous point. I think I need to spend my lunch break in different ways. Maybe therapy. :wallbash: )

Anyone care to guess what dish she was about to make.....

I am afraid you're in for a disppointment

We certainly can't please everyone all of the time.

I'm glad the fans aren't being consulted by Ralph on the new coach.

Someone please wake me when it's over...actually wake me about a week after that. Hopefully, the whiners will have stopped and have started becoming a fan of whoever wins the Superbowl.

Let's say you are a young lad and once a week you go to your grandmother's house after school for a visit and dinner. She's a sweet old woman, but a notoriously bad cook. She's made a few great meals in her life, but overall, it's been an ugly experience.

What do you do?

:wallbash:

The way I Look at it is if we can't get Cowher or Marty we need to try and catch lighting in a bottle and hire a Coordinator or Stanford's coach. Currently the Bills are the only team looking for a head coach so I feel like with all the Coordinators out there we should have our pick of the litter.

I am sorry but Ron Rivera and Russ Grimm aren't going to say no to this job. Think about it Rivera has been interviewing for a HC job for the last 5 years he isn't going to turn down the Buffalo job same goes for Grimm who wanted to be the Steelers coach after Cowher left and hasn't gotten much of a sniff since the Steeler opening.

There are only 32 of these jobs out there to begin with and right now we have the only one that's available. If Cowher wants to comeback to coaching this season he will have to come here, if any hot shot coordinator wants a HC gig they will have to come here, and if any other retread like Billick wants to get back into coaching in the NFL well we have the only gig.

Face it Buffalo is dealing from a position of strength here they have a GM so its not like they aren't preparing for the draft and free agency. They have interviewed a few coordinators and they are pursuing Cowher with all they got.

We certainly can't please everyone all of the time.

I'm glad the fans aren't being consulted by Ralph on the new coach.

Someone please wake me when it's over...actually wake me about a week after that. Hopefully, the whiners will have stopped and have started becoming a fan of whoever wins the Superbowl.

How is it whining when the franchise hasn't made the playoffs in 10 years? Now I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me to follow another team, but is it too much to ask for the team to prove to fans they're interested in winning? Because I'm not seeing it right now.

Then again, the standard is so low around here, some people figure that it's good enough to have a team. Evidently winning is now underrated.

He sucks. He is a losing HC in College. I really don't get why Bills fans want this loser

He took a team with a built in handicap (attention to academics) and had a chance to win one of the toughest conferences in football. He also beat the snot out of Pete Carroll and USC, and with much less talent on the roster. He's a leader, and an overachiever, and that's why some folks want him to come to Buffalo.

ummmmm - wrong - on so many levels

Holy hell why do you people still insist that Cowher not coming here is Ralphs fault for being old and cheap. It's because it's buffalo!!!! there is no other reason when the man turns down the highest paid coaching contract in the history of the NFL.

So, Ralph... put up or shut up, cuz us fans aren't gonna shut up. We're gonna continue to be on your a$ til this disaster of a team is fixed. So far, we're not impressed with Nix. You think we were pissed when you made that move? You ain't seen nothing yet... go ahead and bring in another worthless rookie HC that has to learn on the job and it will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. At age 91 you don't have a lot of time to leave a legacy that will be on the "plus" side of the ledger. I hope you do the right thing for the fans and Buffalo, and in the end go out in a blaze of glory rather than continue down the same road we have for the past 10 seasons.

The choice is Marty and Brian in some combination.

Marty has proven 4 different times that he knows how to change a culture of losing, and he can do it quickly. Brian brings a special gift of being able to develop young QBs like Brees, Rivers and Sanchez. If he knows how to develop them, he probably has an eye on what makes a good QB as well, which the Bills desperately need.

Both of them have a good working relationship with Buddy.

The opportunity to coach with his son and long time friend set up the unique situation that will bring him back for a short term until his son is ready to take over.

And you know this how?? It could happen exactly as you state, however Cowler and every successful HC started out as a rookie HC with no experience at some point in time. How the next guy will be who knows?