My choice for Head Coach

- The percentage of chance that Cowher comes here drops with each passing day

- I really dont want to go the coordinator route even if they are well thought of

- I want someone who wants to come here.....not because we paid them a mint. I dont really care if he does get paid a mint I just dont want it to be the only driving force.

Billick is my choice

- Winning record

- Super bowl

- HC experience

We can truly find something we dont like about every single candidate not named Cowher.....so the next thing I do is look for MORE positive than negatives.

To me that is Billick

Im warming up to Brain Billick becoming our next coach each day that passes.

-He has the head coaching experience.

-He has been interested in the job despite what he said a month ago(He has already began to put a staff together)

-He always assembles good coaching staffs

-The only thing Is that I hope he can get a good Offensive Coordinator to come with him.. Like Cam Cameron

5-3 in playoffs and 1-0 is SBs. That's all I really need to know. After 2 co ordinators and one unsuccessful retread, it's time to got with someone with a track record. There are very few out there with a track record as good as Billick's . You can nit pick him to death, but he wants to be here. When he said "Who would want to coach in Buffalo?" he was an entertainer. And he stinks at Match Game. He's a bad entertainer. So what? Get over it and get him in for an interview fast before Seattle hires him.

Isnt' it obvious that Cowher is playing us like fiddle.

UGHHH.

Billick is nothing more than an arrogant, ASS-CLOWN and I have a very hard time seeing Ralph sign off on even interviewing him.

Remember: Ralph likes "nice" guys as his coach and Billick really doesn't fit that profile.

Billick is the furthest thing from an offensive guru and infact he is just plain offensive. :rolleyes:

Next.

I think its time to put up a Brain Billick billboard instead of that Bill Cowher billboard (Lets bring in a coach and want a coach that has experience and a winning track record that actually wants to be here)

Where do I contribute? It's hard for me to understand why Cowher is supposed to be so much better than Billick.

UGHHH.

Billick is nothing more than an arrogant, ASS-CLOWN and I have a very hard time seeing Ralph sign off on even interviewing him.

Remember: Ralph likes "nice" guys as his coach and Billick really doesn't fit that profile.

Billick is the furthest thing from an offensive guru and infact he is just plain offensive. :rolleyes:

Next.

next should be Kirk Ferentz.

former NFL OL coach who has run a tremendous program at Iowa

Its time to get off the Bill Cowher Bandwagon.. If he signs great.

But im not getting my hopes up for him anymore

Agreed. My wish list at the start:

1. Cowher - doesn't want to be here

2. Shanahan - doesn't want to be here

3. Gruden - not available (or doesn't want to be here)

4. Billick - WANTS TO BE HERE

5. M. Schottenheimer - staying retired (or doesn't want to be here)

6. Rivera - my guess is he's the one who said he wasn't thrilled about the Nix hire. He was in SD with Nix when Nix had the fallout, plus his connections to Fewell i.e. doesn't really want to be here

Im warming up to Brain Billick becoming our next coach each day that passes.

-He has the head coaching experience.

-He has been interested in the job despite what he said a month ago(He has already began to put a staff together)

-He always assembles good coaching staffs

-The only thing Is that I hope he can get a good Offensive Coordinator to come with him.. Like Cam Cameron

I wouldn't be thrilled but it certainly seems as if he wants the job. At the end of the day, maybe that's enough. Why beg the massive ego guy when someone else actually wants to coach here.

- The percentage of chance that Cowher comes here drops with each passing day

- I really dont want to go the coordinator route even if they are well thought of

- I want someone who wants to come here.....not because we paid them a mint. I dont really care if he does get paid a mint I just dont want it to be the only driving force.

Billick is my choice

- Winning record

- Super bowl

- HC experience

We can truly find something we dont like about every single candidate not named Cowher.....so the next thing I do is look for MORE positive than negatives.

To me that is Billick

Ugh, Billick?? You want another coach who had one good year and never did anything again? Have you noticed that no one is beating a path to Billick's door? A few guys wind up on TV like Cowher because they need a break. Others like Billick wind up on TV because no one will return his calls. Knowing Buffalo's luck we'll wind up with him. He'll be the last HC we need because the team will just move to L.A. after all the fans give up.

PTR

Ugh, Billick?? You want another coach who had one good year and never did anything again? Have you noticed that no one is beating a path to Billick's door? A few guys wind up on TV like Cowher because they need a break. Others like Billick wind up on TV because no one will return his calls. Knowing Buffalo's luck we'll wind up with him. He'll be the last HC we need because the team will just move to L.A. after all the fans give up.

PTR

6 winning Seasons and 3 losing seasons. 2 divisional Championships. 1 Super Bowl. 1 time he placed last in the division. 4 years over 10 wins. 15 games above .500. 4 playoff births. Yes thats such a bad profile compared to all the other candidates (aside from Cowher) that have no HC experience in the NFL at all.

BAL 1999 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC Central

BAL 2000 12 4 0 .750 2nd in AFC Central 4 0 1.000 Beat New York Giants in Super Bowl XXXV

BAL 2001 10 6 0 .625 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in Divisional Round

BAL 2002 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC North -

BAL 2003 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Tennessee Titans in Wild-Card Round

BAL 2004 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC North

BAL 2005 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC North -

BAL 2006 13 3 0 .813 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Indianapolis Colts in Divisional Round

BAL 2007 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC North -

BAL Total 80 64 0 .556 5 3 .625

6 winning Seasons and 3 losing seasons. 2 divisional Championships. 1 Super Bowl. 1 time he placed last in the division. Yes thats such a bad profile compared to all the other candidates (aside from Cowher) that have no HC experience in the NFL at all.

BAL 1999 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC Central

BAL 2000 12 4 0 .750 2nd in AFC Central 4 0 1.000 Beat New York Giants in Super Bowl XXXV

BAL 2001 10 6 0 .625 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in Divisional Round

BAL 2002 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC North -

BAL 2003 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Tennessee Titans in Wild-Card Round

BAL 2004 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC North

BAL 2005 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC North -

BAL 2006 13 3 0 .813 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Indianapolis Colts in Divisional Round

BAL 2007 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC North -

BAL Total 80 64 0 .556 5 3 .625

So scary good no one wants him.

PTR

So scary good no one wants him.

PTR

Much better than what we have had in a long time.

-Funny you bring up the no body wants him argument. Please tell me what other HC jobs are open this Offseason? The Redskins? That was Shanahan job a month ago. The Seahawks? They are apparently settled for Pete Carroll already so they must have had something worked out before Mora was fired. What other jobs are available? Please list them.

As far as I'm concerned, Billick is a pompous a**.

Maybe that's not a bad thing. This team could use a little flair from the

head coach.

Also, he does tend to have good assistant coaches.

If we don't land Cowher, which seems likely according to "reports", I wouldn't

mind seeing Billick here.

Think about it, instead of Buffalo Bill Cowher, we'd have Buffalo Billick!

Much better than what we have had in a long time.

-Funny you bring up the no body wants him argument. Please tell me what other HC jobs are open this Offseason? The Redskins? That was Shanahan job a month ago. The Seahawks? They are apparently settled for Pete Carroll already so they must have had something worked out before Mora was fired. What other jobs are available? Please list them.

He was available in 2008. Why no takers?

PTR

He was available in 2008. Why no takers?

PTR

hmmm I remember him saying that he would take a year off. You still fail to mention all the other HC options that are open; since you claim "No one else wants him," what other teams that have openings dont want him? I will be waiting for that list. I have a feeling your gonna have a hard time making one

Where do I contribute? It's hard for me to understand why Cowher is supposed to be so much better than Billick.

he isnt that much better.but he will be funnner to watch on the sidelines yelling and spitting.this is entertainment after all.

If Cincy loses tomorrow, then I hope we interview Zimmer.

He is my dark horse. His defenses are always tough, and after seeing him in action on Hard Knocks, I just get the feeling he will make a great head coach. Being from the Parcells tree is a rather nice bullet point to have on your resume'.

For what its worth, I also enjoyed Billick when he was on Hard Knocks with the Ravens. Specifically, when officials had to delay a preseason affair versus the Eagles at the old Vet due to the poor condition of the turf >>> Billick hunted down the grounds crew and lit them up ... "Before I leave here, I want a name. Someone's ASS is coming with me in my briefcase!!!"

Billick, without question is confident. Some will view this as arrogance, but the Ravens didn't get their swagger from Ray Lewis alone. If Billick can be that successful in his first try at being a head coach while not developing a dynamic offense then I would be very interested in watching what he does on his second go round.

My only real concern with Billick is the lack of discipline his teams had at times. Veterans without question got special privileges in Baltimore and he is not a Parcells type disciplinarian, BUT that doesn't have to be the case (right Marv?).

Simply put I'd like to see the Bills hire someone who won't get outcoached on Sunday's like Jauron and Mularkey did on a regular basis. He can hold his own against Belichick and he is better than Ryan and Sparano. He is comfortable with his D coordinators running the 4-3 or 3-4. He's not a Tampa 2 guy and likes his teams to attack on defense and to be able to run the ball. Sounds perfect to me...

PTR

His teams were also in the playoffs several times

His teams were also in the playoffs several times

Baltimore's teams under his watch(and Ozzie Newsome's drafting)

were loaded with oodles of All-Pro and even Hall of Fame talent.

Even Norv Turner could have produced siimilar results.

Billick preens for the camera way, way, to much, and I'm tellng you right now, Ralph would not put up with him.

Billick will be able to assemble a top notch staff. Put a first time coach in Buffalo and he has no shot of getting good coordinators. This in itself is reason enough to hire him.

He would also be able to attract a higher quality of FAs as they know we're serious about winning. Many would want to play for a SB winning coach. Most players want to go to the SB.

Just remember Ted Marchibroda had Ozzie drafting for him to. Perhaps a few more players on our team could be all-pro's with the right coach.

While Ozzie was on staff in Baltimore previously, he wasn't named GM of Baltimore until 2002. Marchibroda was gone in 1998.

I saw Billick, "the offensive guru's"work with Baltimore's offense over a 9 year span. I was unimpressed to say the least.

FWIW, does anyone remember what kind of record or credentials Marv Levy had prior to replacing Hank Bullough? Seems to me they were not as good as Billicks are so I think he'd be a great fit, and it seems like he's itching to get back to the sideline to prove he's still got it, hmmmm......... a chip on his shoulder, .......... no respect................bring him on ! ! ! :w00t:

Here is why Billick isn't the slam dunk a lot here would have you think. 1- he is an offensive guru who never had a truly great offense in Baltimore. 2- He had a team consitantly stacked with talent thanks to Ozzie Newsome, Billick never overachieved with his teams in Baltimore Billick always took them to their talent level. 3- Billick never developed or drafted a great QB despite having the ground game and O-line to put a QB in a great situation to have success.

Give me Cowher or a highly thought of coordinator over Billick. I like Nix but Newsome is one of the best GM's out there and our team is going to take 3-4 great drafts and free agency signing to approach the talent that was on the Ravens when Billick was there.

The year after Billick left the Ravens went to the AFC championship game with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB out of the wildcard round (And they are back in the playoffs this year as well). Clearly Billick wasn't the primary reason for the Ravens success.