Frazier interviewing with Seattle. Or not. Or he is after all.

dgrid

ONCE AGAIN

Since all I see is people speculating here as to why Frazier turned down Seattle, here it is again:

"Chris Mortenson was just on ESPN and says Seattle's target is Pete Carrol (USC Head Coach) and that Leslie Frazier decline Seattle because he felt is was just to meet the ROONEY Rule"

-That is after he talked to a Seattle spokesman regarding their situation

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Buddy Nix responded to the question at his initial press conference, I am pretty sure that he was responding directly to previous NFL coaching experience.

It wouldn't make him a liar because he didn't explictly say that he would hire a coach with NFL headcoaching experience but rather that he would prefer one that did.

I am too lazy to read through this string and have no idea if someone else mentioned this, but their is another explaination.

It appears that the Seahawks really want Pete Carroll. It could be that Frazier knows this has no interest in serving as their Rooney Rule interviewee.

Thats exactly the point I made

ONCE AGAIN

Since all I see is people speculating here as to why Frazier turned down Seattle, here it is again:

"Chris Mortenson was just on ESPN and says Seattle's target is Pete Carrol (USC Head Coach) and that Leslie Frazier decline Seattle because he felt is was just to meet the ROONEY Rule"

Thank You

It wouldn't make him a liar because he didn't explictly say that he would hire a coach with NFL headcoaching experience but rather that he would prefer one that did.

I would prefer that if that was his preference that he exercised some diligence toward his preference by actually interviewing one. Just one, how about. Preferred. Doesn't mean he has to hire him.

Indicating a preference and then doing literally nothing to follow-up on that is exactly the type of backhanded insincerity that requires people to use underlines to try to justify a rather simple yet egregious breech in etiquette. Don't say something you intend to do if you don't actually intend to do it. Preferred.

People here are going to rue the day we lose Frazier to another team.

PTR

I just don't see the draw, I simply don't. I know it's been argued to death over the last week, but when I look at Frazier I still see the amazing talent he has on Defense and think that any competent coach could put together a Top 10 Defense in Minnesota.

Plus, the fact that Marvin Lewis didn't think enough of him to retain him makes me very nervous.

If someone could sell me on him, I obviously would be willing to listen with an open mind.

People here are going to rue the day we lose Frazier to another team.

PTR

I'll be honest. I won't be thrilled with Frazier. But it is insane the amount of blanket statements fans make. No one has any idea how good of a head coach he could be. And if Cowher agrees to coach here, it doesn't guarantee anything either.

Let the process play out and let's play some games before deciding if someone is a good or bad coach.

But it is insane the amount of blanket statements fans make. No one has any idea how good of a head coach he could be. And if Cowher agrees to coach here, it doesn't guarantee anything either.

Let the process play out and let's play some games before deciding if someone is a good or bad coach.

Very sane statement.

Rejected by the woeful Rams and pathetic Lions? Sounds like our type of coach!

Wait, so you're trying to justify that it's a bad decision by using two organizations that outside the Raiders have made the worst decisions in the league?

I don't put a lot of stock in those two teams making the best decisions.

Also, I'll repeat this from the previous posts:

I don't even care that no coach has ever won a superbowl with two teams. I just want to make it to the playoffs. That's what this franchise needs. Who do you think is more likely to lead you to the playoffs? Cowher, or Frazier. Clearly Cowher. If the odds are against him, for whatever reason, to win the superbowl, then that's fine. At least get this franchise used to some winning.

ONCE AGAIN

I don't buy that as being his excuse unless he felt that the signing between the Seahawks and Carrol was imminent.

I take it ESPN rumor mongers don't talk to each other.

I have to laugh. People complaining about too many threads, ESPN reporting Pete Carroll is being pursued (see thread), Leslie Fraizer REFUSES interview with Seahawks (see thread), and then a wannabe from ESPN reports this, which is obviously false, hence this thread.

We don't know how this is going to turn out (whether he's the choice and if so whether he'll be any good), but just think for a second about what you're typing.

What you've said is you want your team to follow the lead of the Rams and Lions. These are obviously two well run organizations and we should model ourselves after them.

Really?

ha ha! BURN!