Frazier interviewing with Seattle. Or not. Or he is after all.

dgrid

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing that this seemingly flies in the face of is the claim by Buddy Nix that having head coaching experience would give candidates an advantage. The reason that I bring this up is because, while it didn't necessarily mean that he'd hire a previous head coach before making a choice, you'd think he'd at least interview one. And we know that Brian Billick, at the very least, wanted an interview.

If we hire a Leslie Frazier type, I'm willing to give it a shot. If we hire a Leslie Frazier type without even interviewing some candidates with previous experience, I'm livid.

It immediately sets up Buddy Nix as a liar. In the very first thing he does. They can't do that right now.

Frazier has 9yrs experience as a HC at teh college level

Not good.

Gotta love the Bills!

Alright I got my bucket beside me to throw up in as soon as its officially announced that Frazier is the next Bills HC

You can leave your Bills fan card at the door on your way out.

he was passed over BY THE RAMS!!!!!!

Maybe that says something more about the Rams?? Where are they picking in the draft?

PTR

So within 1 hour of Jim Mora being fired... Seattle has managed to reach out to HC candidates AND they don't even have a General Manager?

Maybe Frazier decline because he looks at them and theres no GM, or maybe its just speculation.

Maybe he declined because he knows that Pete Carroll is going to Seattle and he doesn't want to be the obligatory Rooney rule interview.

We don't know how this is going to turn out (whether he's the choice and if so whether he'll be any good), but just think for a second about what you're typing.

What you've said is you want your team to follow the lead of the Rams and Lions. These are obviously two well run organizations and we should model ourselves after them.

Really?

You know, I tried to get myself to think of it this way. I just can't do it. All I can think of is that these two horrible franchises thought someone else was better than Frazier. Although it appears they were probably wrong, it's still scary that even two of the worst teams in the league wouldn't take a chance on him.

However ... he does have a good history (and I know it was with good players, but still), and he's highly regarded around the league. I do think he's more qualified than Perry Fewell. Going (3-4) with a team that had nothing to lose .. and against very bad opponents .. doesn't qualify anyone as the next Tom Landry.

There ... I'm starting to feel a little better about Frazier now. A little!!

Well, I'd say it is telling. I couldn't see him turning down an interview if he already didn't have another one in place. I don't believe he really has the luxary to pick and choose jobs as some of the other big headliner coaches do.

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be disappointed with this pick, I'd rather have Cowher, but it appears that he doesn't want to come here and Frazier has been sought after or at least heavily considered and vetted over the past couple of years.

I'm thinking this is our new head coach.

Has Bill Cowher told anyone that he didn't want to come Buffalo? I see posters saying that but I have not heard him say that. In fact, Marty Schottenheimer had a more positive spin on Cowher to Buffalo. Just b/c we don't hear anything doesn't mean that Cowher isn't coming.

When Buddy Nix responded to the question at his initial press conference, I am pretty sure that he was responding directly to previous NFL coaching experience.

Experience preferred. That doesn't mean experienced at all cost. Would you hire Dick Jauron over a good coordinator just because he has experience? After Cowher there aren't a lot of experienced coaches that we would want.

PTR

You can leave your Bills fan card at the door on your way out.

Maybe that says something more about the Rams?? Where are they picking in the draft?

PTR

Come on Promo, just because I dislike a HC candiate doesn't mean I'm not a Bills fan. Just a pissed off, downtrodden, "here we go again", Bills fan.

Has Bill Cowher told anyone that he didn't want to come Buffalo? I see posters saying that but I have not heard him say that. In fact, Marty Schottenheimer had a more positive spin on Cowher to Buffalo. Just b/c we don't hear anything doesn't mean that Cowher isn't coming.

I am still hoping we land Cowher. Imagine the buzz if he come here? Watch the season ticket base reach record levels.

Experience preferred. That doesn't mean experienced at all cost. Would you hire Dick Jauron over a good coordinator just because he has experience? After Cowher there aren't a lot of experienced coaches that we would want.

PTR

I encourage you to read my first post in conjunction with my response so that you actually understanding what was being said.

PTR

I just hope he gets a little more fired up than Dick. He also seems a quiet type.

Come on Promo, just because I dislike a HC candiate doesn't mean I'm not a Bills fan. Just a pissed off, downtrodden, "here we go again", Bills fan.

But why are people bumming of Frazier? He is considered an excellent candidate. He's not another meathead Mullarkey. I get it. We all want Cowher. Well what do we do if Cowher says no?

PTR

I am too lazy to read through this string and have no idea if someone else mentioned this, but their is another explaination.

It appears that the Seahawks really want Pete Carroll. It could be that Frazier knows this has no interest in serving as their Rooney Rule interviewee.