We could be the last generation that dies

If they figure out how to stop the aging process and we don't have to die. What a different world that will be. Will people stop having kids out of necessity? Will the government institute population control?

A nightmare scenario. We can't even fix a bad back or cure paralysis or stop the heartbreak of psoriasis.Not to mention the greedy, awful, self centered people that tend to want to rule things on earth.

I like to believe in the NEXT life--where ahuuuls roast in purgatory for awhile before they're let in.

I think that there is no way that science is going to find a way to stop the aging process or death. Its a very science fictionish argument to be had about what will society be like if aging was stopped. Don't worry about it because its never going to happen. :thumbdown:

Would anybody out there even WANT to live forever if the technology existed? It sounds horrible. Part of what makes life great is knowing that we have a finite and specific number of years to live.

bull ****,if I could live alot longer I would love to not grow old. I'm having a blast.

I think that there is no way that science is going to find a way to stop the aging process or death. Its a very science fictionish argument to be had about what will society be like if aging was stopped. Don't worry about it because its never going to happen. :wallbash:

Man will never step foot on the moon, either

If they figure out how to stop the aging process and we don't have to die. What a different world that will be. Will people stop having kids out of necessity? Will the government institute population control?

A procrastinators nightmare. :wallbash:

Would anybody out there even WANT to live forever if the technology existed? It sounds horrible. Part of what makes life great is knowing that we have a finite and specific number of years to live.

Oh I don't know. That Dracula dude got all the chicks.

I think something like this is what he's talking about:

http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/200...tm?site=science

As people age their cells become less efficient at getting rid of damaged protein resulting in a build-up of toxic material that is especially pronounced in Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other neurodegenerative disorders.

I think that there is no way that science is going to find a way to stop the aging process or death. Its a very science fictionish argument to be had about what will society be like if aging was stopped. Don't worry about it because its never going to happen. :D

Precisely. To be human is to be mortal. Moreover, our mortality, as a limit to human life, gives shape and meaning to our lives, much like the limits and edges of a sculpture give shape and identity to the sculpture.

Of course, it has also long been a fantasy of humans to gain immortality (which, as the ancient Greeks knew, was one and the same with becoming a god). This "cessation of aging" nonsense is merely another fantasy under the guise of science.