We could be the last generation that dies

If they figure out how to stop the aging process and we don't have to die. What a different world that will be. Will people stop having kids out of necessity? Will the government institute population control?

Wait, which generation are you talking about? Hopefully, you are a baby boomer...

Would anybody out there even WANT to live forever if the technology existed? It sounds horrible. Part of what makes life great is knowing that we have a finite and specific number of years to live.

Maybe not forever, but I'd sure like to extend my life by about 100 years.

Would anybody out there even WANT to live forever if the technology existed? It sounds horrible. Part of what makes life great is knowing that we have a finite and specific number of years to live.

The only thing worse than dying is living forever.

Mind you, I wouldn't mind an extra millenia or two...

Oh, and gov't population control mixed in with having to make a choice. Want to have kids? Fine, but no anti-aging treatments for you. Bad luck...

I for one would love waking up every day and going to work for the next thousand years.

Don't think for a second that even if it were possible that it would be allowed to happen.

How would you stop it? Once discovered it will soon be out of the bag and people will ignore any laws trying to prevent them getting it (the same as every other attempt at prohibition of any substance, the only thing prohibition guarentees is greater demand, richer criminals and corruption in law enforcement).

I for one would love waking up every day and going to work for the next thousand years.

That's a major downside to it. Sure you can live forever, but you gotta keep working to afford living. At least now you know death is coming.

Will the government institute population control?

Disease, famine and natural disaters will take care of population control. Throw in a couple of major wars and catastrophes and things will be just fine.

I look forward to death, finally get some sleep.

If they figure out how to stop the aging process and we don't have to die. What a different world that will be. Will people stop having kids out of necessity? Will the government institute population control?

So you want to live 50 years at 75 years old?? Enjoy it man.

Yes, I'd like to live forever. The future sounds great . All the great discoveries and inventions. Sign me up for that!