Its going to be Billick

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me go on record as saying I don't want Billick. The Ravens got no worse when he left. There is no evidence that he was anything special as a coach.

That is some solid logic. It couldn't possibly be that his replacement is a decent coach too or that they have completely reloaded on talent.

What is your deep inside source saying?

Deep inside source from an alleged 10 year old who is awake at 3:30am.

Not going to bet the farm here.

But Billick is as good a guess as anyone, now that Cowher has been taken off the for-sure-Tuesday signing list.

If its not Billick who is it going to be next, Chester?

Billick's biggest problem in B'more was that he compulsively believes his own b.s. He hand-picked Boller and then kept insisting that he could turn him into a pro QB. As a result they kept trotting out a horrible QB product year after year. Sound familiar?

His gameday decision-making was at times baffling, his players didn't particularly care for him, and it's also interesting that, despite all of his self-promoting, no other teams have been banging on his door over the last couple of years. There is a reason Cowher could make 8 million while Brian the Brain is begging for any job that will have him.

He replied with the typical "in the right situation with the right people" he'd like to coach again. He added that there weren't going to be as many openings as initially indicated. It seems like Billick in the same boat with Cowher and is hoping for more attractive opportunities to become available if he were to leave the analyst business.

Let me go on record as saying I don't want Billick. The Ravens got no worse when he left. There is no evidence that he was anything special as a coach.

His resume is suspect. As a head coach, his teams won. They did so with the best D in the NFL, and mediocre offense at best. As a coordinater, his success can be tied to the players he had on his teams. Without the players, his offense was pedestrian.

Who wants a head coach who can put together a great staff right?

There is certainly something to this, but who knows how many times he'll hit. Marvin Lewis was a great find, who knows if it will happen again.

I'd be darn happy with Billick. Like some others...(not to sound weird!)....I want a coach in Buffalo who has a ring on his finger. He knows exactly what it takes to get to the playoffs and win a SB. He doesn't have to learn on the job how to be a coach. I like that he is kind of a confident, arrogant prick. I was so sick of seeing Jauron, Mularkey, etc...standing up there and mumbling...not saying anything. Don't give me this junk about Boller and QB's. He constantly harped on the fact they needed more production at QB. If you want to blame the coach for not having a good QB, then a ton of coaches should be fired every year. Don't ya think Billick would love to have a franchise QB? of course he would. Billick knows what a great defense looks like. He's been there done that. HE may have not been the D-coordinator but he knows what kind of talent and schemes it takes.

The team and the league will be much more interesting if Brian Billick is the coach. I'll take my chances on him.

Sounds like to me the only thing Billick has ever done is surround himself with great coaching...

Finally a post that I totally agree with and think is a major key to our future success as a football team! Yes, a head coach is important but there are times where they appear to be more of a figurehead and the offensive and defensive coordinators, special teams coach are doing a lot of the thinking and hands on stuff in a game. It wouldn't surprise me if one or two assistant coaches are rehired by a new coach. Maybe the special teams coach or maybe Perry Fewell as a defensive coordinator. (I kind of hope not but it wouldn't surprise me). I want John Guy & Tom Modrak out of here though!! I hope that happens soon as the NFL Draft looms ahead and takes some planning and coordination.

The Bills dont need "something special"....they need a competent HC who has the ability to run a successful football program day to day. Billick can do that.

Whats this obsession with hiring the "perfect coach????"

There was ONE "perfect coach"....but he !@#$ing dropped dead and now the NFL Championship Trophy is named after him.

"His resume is suspect."

fifteen games over 500, four playoff appearances, and a ring. Yeah..."suspect."

As a head coach, his teams won.

And who the hell wants THAT???!!!???

They did so with the best D in the NFL, and mediocre offense at best. As a coordinater, his success can be tied to the players he had on his teams. Without the players, his offense was pedestrian. "

Good luck finding a coach who has won with lousy players. Ill wait for you to do that. Ill go get my masters degree while Im waiting.

His resume is suspect. As a head coach, his teams won. They did so with the best D in the NFL, and mediocre offense at best. As a coordinater, his success can be tied to the players he had on his teams. Without the players, his offense was pedestrian.

There is certainly something to this, but who knows how many times he'll hit. Marvin Lewis was a great find, who knows if it will happen again.

I have to agree with you on this. He had some absolutely great players on defense and perhaps a better coach may have given the offense enough attention to win more superbowls.

I would be happy with Billick. He has a reputation for arrogance but there is no doubt about his ability to assemble a great staff and field VERY competitive teams despite lackluster QB talent. His teams could run the ball and win. His teams were physically dominant on both sides of the ball. If you don't have the great QB, that's the only you can make the playoffs. He not only did that he won a Superbowl.

fifteen games over 500, four playoff appearances, and a ring. Yeah..."suspect."

And who the hell wants THAT???!!!???

Good luck finding a coach who has won with lousy players. Ill wait for you to do that. Ill go get my masters degree while Im waiting.

Well, picture him here. Mediocre defense, horrible offense. How does he make it better? He doesn't have Ozzie Newsome picking his players for him. Maybe Buddy Nix gets him the players. He doesn't have Marvin Lewis coaching his D and his offense hasn't looked good since Randy Moss.

I'd just prefer someone who has a proven track record of offensive football. He doesn't, plain and simple.

Cant argue with results, and Billick got em. biggest mistake he ever made was taking Kyle Boller, but I think he learned a valuable lesson from that, and I believe He is A great option.

Ozzie Newsome took Kyle Boller