• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest three3
Greg Robinson.

As an SU fan, I can tell you that hire didn't work out too well. :flirt:

my point is you should not be proud that you people know coordinators from decades ago on teams that you are not fans of. the fact that some of you do is quite pathetic (if you are an SU alum, lori, that is a good reason to know that fact, i will give you that)

who was the defensive coordinator on the 1999-2000 rams team? how about the '97-98 broncos?

(start your google searches now)

Without google searching, I'm pretty sure Greg Robinson was the DC of those Bronco teams. I can't recall who the DC of the Rams was, but I'm pretty sure Lovie Smith was the DC in 2001 when they improved greatly. The larger point is that making fun of sports knowledge geekdom on a good fan site is kind of like ordering steak at a vegetarian restaurant and then condemning the restaurant for not having it. The site is what it is. If you don't like it, there are probably other sites out there where the fans aren't as knowledgeable.

Billick's postseason record is 5-3 all time with 4 of those wins coming the year they won the super bowl

BAL 1999 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC Central - - - -

BAL 2000 12 4 0 .750 2nd in AFC Central 4 0 1.000 Beat New York Giants in Super Bowl XXXV

BAL 2001 10 6 0 .625 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in Divisional Round

BAL 2002 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2003 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Tennessee Titans in Wild-Card Round

BAL 2004 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2005 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2006 13 3 0 .813 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Indianapolis Colts in Divisional Round

BAL 2007 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC North - - -

9 years as head coach and only made the playoffs 4 times when they always seemed to have a good defense...if only they had an offense or an offensive guru to go along with that defense

Guest three3
Without google searching, I'm pretty sure Greg Robinson was the DC of those Bronco teams. I can't recall who the DC of the Rams was, but I'm pretty sure Lovie Smith was the DC in 2001 when they improved greatly. The larger point is that making fun of sports knowledge geekdom on a good fan site is kind of like ordering steak at a vegetarian restaurant and then blaming the restaurant for not having it.

not really. if you have coordinators from 10 years ago ingrained in your memory you might want to leave the house once in a while. there is more to life than tv and computer screens

my point is you should not be proud that you people know coordinators from decades ago on teams that you are not fans of. the fact that some of you do is quite pathetic (if you are an SU alum, lori, that is a good reason to know that fact, i will give you that)

Well, you seemed REALLY proud to know that Billick rode the coatails of a DC. Not only were you PROUD to remember the name (not the right one) you were proud to remember that Billick had nothing to do with a win and got lucky that a DC built an amazing defense. You sir, are more pathetic.

Billick's postseason record is 5-3 all time with 4 of those wins coming the year they won the super bowl

BAL 1999 8 8 0 .500 3rd in AFC Central - - - -

BAL 2000 12 4 0 .750 2nd in AFC Central 4 0 1.000 Beat New York Giants in Super Bowl XXXV

BAL 2001 10 6 0 .625 2nd in AFC Central 1 1 .500 Lost to Pittsburgh Steelers in Divisional Round

BAL 2002 7 9 0 .438 3rd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2003 10 6 0 .625 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Tennessee Titans in Wild-Card Round

BAL 2004 9 7 0 .563 2nd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2005 6 10 0 .375 3rd in AFC North - - - -

BAL 2006 13 3 0 .813 1st in AFC North 0 1 .000 Lost to Indianapolis Colts in Divisional Round

BAL 2007 5 11 0 .313 4th in AFC North - - -

9 years as head coach and only made the playoffs 4 times when they always seemed to have a good defense...if only they had an offense or an offensive guru to go along with that defense

4 more then we had during the last 9 years

Guest three3
Well, you seemed REALLY proud to know that Billick rode the coatails of a DC. Not only were you PROUD to remember the name (not the right one) you were proud to remember that Billick had nothing to do with a win and got lucky that a DC built an amazing defense. You sir, are more pathetic.

he was in a good situation. he had a good GM, good defensive players and a good defensive coordinator throughout his time there. the one thing he was brought in to do (offense) he pretty much failed at doing. yet you people want him to coach the bills, a team sorely needing an offensive mastermind

not really. if you have coordinators from 10 years ago ingrained in your memory you might want to leave the house once in a while. there is more to life than tv and computer screens

Right, because the coordinator of one of the best defenses of all-time is really obscure.

4 more then we had during the last 9 years

of course but the Bills also dont have a dominate defense in place or anywhere close to resembling one

the point is the offense held the Ravens back which doesnt say much about a head coach that is supposed to be an offensive guru

he was in a good situation. he had a good GM, good defensive players and a good defensive coordinator throughout his time there. the one thing he was brought in to do (offense) he pretty much failed at doing. yet you people want him to coach the bills, a team sorely needing an offensive mastermind

You remember a GM, players, AND coordinators from 10 years ago? you know the state of the ravens before and after Billick's hiring so many years ago? :flirt:. geek!

The problem with your argumentation, as some other rational people have pointed out is that you used false info to make a point when in fact, the reality of the situation that you falsely describe could be seen as a positive for Billick as he seemed to bring on 3 successful d-coordinators in a row when they were taken from his staff. Not bad, eh?

You don't need to be a computer geek to realize the imbecility of your claims.

How do you end up making fun of people for being able to remember things about a sport they have probably followed since they were little? Not everyone failed their math tests like yourself my man...

Billick was the offensive coordinator for a Vikings team that set the point record in 1998. You are struggling.

Guest three3
Right, because the coordinator of one of the best defenses of all-time is really obscure.

if you take pride in knowing coordinators from teams you are not a fan of from 10+ years ago you need help. serious help.

Billick was the offensive coordinator for a Vikings team that set the point record in 1998. You are struggling.

Guest three3

and once he got full control as a head coach how did that offense turn out in baltimore? pretty crappy, eh?

if you take pride in knowing coordinators from teams you are not a fan of from 10+ years ago you need help. serious help.

you mean the DC of one of the best defenses of all time who almost became head coach of the Bills? yeah I can see how no one here would remember his name

seriously, just bc you cant remember shjt doesnt mean no one else can...maybe you should put the pipe down and save some cells

Guest three3
The problem with your argumentation, as some other rational people have pointed out is that you used false info to make a point when in fact, the reality of the situation that you falsely describe could be seen as a positive for Billick as he seemed to bring on 3 successful d-coordinators in a row when they were taken from his staff. Not bad, eh?

You don't need to be a computer geek to realize the imbecility of your claims.

did he hire all the defensive coordinators? if you know, you live a sorry and very sad life. my point, as i have stated multiple times, is that he was brought in because of his offensive prowess. his offenses were far from good in baltimore. baltimore's offense was the team's vulnerability. everyone seems to overlook that point and jumps to the fact that i was off by a few years with the ravens defensive coordinators, ok i was wrong with the timeline.

billick's offense was not good. that is my point.

perhaps the d was so good because that was were the talent was. I don't recall him having much talent to work with. On the other hand he had talent in minny and he produced

True but every very successful coach has to have talent.

Cam Cameron did a pretty good job with a rookie QB, rookie RB and an aging WR last year for the Ravens

good coaches can do more with less

However Billick does have a record of putting something good together in Minnosota correct?

I think that a lot of people are losing site of what a HC does........

- He isn't supposed to be running the O and the D.....he is a deligates if his assistants are good.

- He doesn't have the final say on his players....so if there is someone who knows talent in the GM spot he is given talented players to coach

- The quality of free agents he is given to coach has a lot of say as well

He has more success as a head coach (regardless of what you think of his O and game mgt skills) then we have seen in a DECADE

Yes....I would take him

You're a tool three, and a dull one at that. Don't you have a list of everyone that beat you up a the bus stop to review maniacally that you need to get to??

Guest three3
Pride? I think any casual fan knows who Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan are.

i am sure everyone has memorized the exact years that they served as baltimore's defensive coordinator. of course. that is what we all do all day, isn't it? memorize NFL coaching staff timelines from a decade ago, yes, there surely is value in memorizing the coordinator timelines of the balitmore ravens. that is what gives value to life

Guest three3
But you said he had a good GM! Why did that GOOD GM give him crappy qbs to work with? Did the great GM think that Billick was so amazing he could turn a pile of **** into a franchise QB?

he had talent on that offense. he couldn't do much with it

Cam Cameron did a pretty good job with a rookie QB, rookie RB and an aging WR last year for the Ravens

Cam Cameron did a nice job last year with a decent amount of talent. They had an awesome o-line and a stable of capable backs. That's a pretty good start.

the d on those Ravens team was one of the best untis ever . The deal was run the ball , make no mistakes and win .

Guest three3
You're a tool three, and a dull one at that. Don't you have a list of everyone that beat you up a the bus stop to review maniacally that you need to get to??

actually, that is the type of thing that you losers would devote time to. you obviously have your priorities straight: what matters in life is knowledge of coordinators from a decade ago. that is what it is all about, isn't it?

Cam Cameron did a nice job last year with a decent amount of talent. They had an awesome o-line and a stable of capable backs. That's a pretty good start.

Billick had a lot of the same players the year before....how did that work out?

i am sure everyone has memorized the exact years that they served as baltimore's defensive coordinator. of course. that is what we all do all day, isn't it? memorize NFL coaching staff timelines from a decade ago, yes, there surely is value in memorizing the coordinator timelines of the balitmore ravens. that is what gives value to life

I will remember the ones that coordinate all-time great units. Look buddy you made an error. No need to insult everyone else who remembered correctly.

I've got to wonder how much of the offensive problems in Baltimore were Billick, and how much of it was other factors. If you look at 2006, when Billick took over play-calling after firing Fassell halfway through, and they had an old Steve McNair at QB, they finished #12 in the NFL at 23pts/game.

I think the problem might have been the whole organization's inability to find a solid QB.

Guest three3
What talent was that? I don't remember. You seem to though. What were the offensive superstars of the ravens with Billick's superbowl team?

i seem to remember a decent qb by the name of trent dilfer. a good running back by the name of jamal lewis. those are not bad players, in fact jamal lewis was a beast back then. who else was on that offense? ben coates? i take a little pride in not knowing who else was on it. if you have that type of stuff memorized you aren't getting much quality out of your life