zdro22

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nix: we arent far away

ralph: it will take a lot of time

I agree that the Bills are not that far away. Other than hiring a decent coaching staff, they need a QB, Left Tackle, Pass Rush help at DE and LB.

The problem is QB, LT and dominant DE seem to be the toughest positions to find.

I hope I helped anyone who could not watch it...and those who may have missed a little bit of what was said or want a quote. I was typing as fast as I could.

I believe that Nix clearly knows where his place should be in this organization. I agree with his views on many things, including FA. How many times do you see the FA pan out? Too many times teams overpay for guys who have a low impact. Nix's emphasis on the OL really made me happy. As a former OL I know how important and underappreciated this position is.

Now I have to get back to three weanlings that need some attention. My poor neighbors are probably po'd at all the bawling by the calves.

He cracked me up...but he did say a lot of the right things...I can actually say I am happy with this hire.

they say these things because they know the pulse of the fans, as the CEO is a marketing guy. Once they take the field next year to one failure after another, itll be the same thing and maybe that is when they will pull the fire Modrak/Guy card.

how many times in the PC did I hear the distinction between marketing guy and football guy? It was like I was listening to them address the message boards

No wonder Ralph likes this guy--he doesn't like spending on free agents.

The returns on spending massively in FA has been very poor in the NFL. You have to strike gold by getting those middle tier FA that go on to have a great career.

There have been very few big time FA acquisitions that have been successful.

Even Adalius Thomas who was considered the dream FA and no less signed by the big time Patriots is waiting to get in the Unemployment line at the end of the season.

The only success stories that come to mind is Drew Brees and Reggie White.

The Bills themselves stuck gold with the mid level FA such as Bryce Paup and failed miserably in many FA acquisitions.

They hired Nix and he has had no input or knowledge of the head coaching list. :worthy:

And, here I was hoping they were hiring him because they wanted to nab their next head coach straight out of the oven.

Nix is a good guy and a straight shooter. For those that prefer smoke being blown up their posteriors, he'll be a major disappointment for sure. ;)

I like how he didn't PC around Jauron with comments on leadership, direction, and having to have an experienced staff "not saying anything about what's gone on here before, mind you." :lol:

The returns on spending massively in FA has been very poor in the NFL. You have to strike gold by getting those middle tier FA that go on to have a great career.

There have been very few big time FA acquisitions that have been successful.

Even Adalius Thomas who was considered the dream FA and no less signed by the big time Patriots is waiting to get in the Unemployment line at the end of the season.

The only success stories that come to mind is Drew Brees and Reggie White.

The Bills themselves stuck gold with the mid level FA such as Bryce Paup and failed miserably in many FA acquisitions.

I think they did alright with Chris Speilman also

They hired Nix and he has had no input or knowledge of the head coaching list. :worthy:

And, here I was hoping they were hiring him because they wanted to nab their next head coach straight out of the oven.

Nix is a good guy and a straight shooter. For those that prefer smoke being blown up their posteriors, he'll be a major disappointment for sure. ;)

I like how he didn't PC around Jauron with comments on leadership, direction, and having to have an experienced staff "not saying anything about what's gone on here before, mind you." :lol:

He said we have a list, but he hasnt been closely involved in the coaching search up to this point. I'm sure he has seen the list....

I hope I helped anyone who could not watch it...and those who may have missed a little bit of what was said or want a quote. I was typing as fast as I could.

I believe that Nix clearly knows where his place should be in this organization. I agree with his views on many things, including FA. How many times do you see the FA pan out? Too many times teams overpay for guys who have a low impact. Nix's emphasis on the OL really made me happy. As a former OL I know how important and underappreciated this position is.

Now I have to get back to three weanlings that need some attention. My poor neighbors are probably po'd at all the bawling by the calves.

Excellent point.

Look at Drayton Florence. He becam a free agent in 2008 and the Jaguars signed him to a big contract. After one season, the Jaguars were not happy with Florence's play, so they cut him.

The Bills then sign Florence for much less than the Jaguars did, and surprisingly, Florence turned out to be the best player we signed this past offseason.