Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth, I am 99 percent sure Buccigross' comment about Perry staying on in Buffalo was a mistake. The comment was along the lines of, "We already know that Jim Zorn is likely gone from Washington, same with Fewell staying in Buffalo." It was evident to me that he meant Fewell was NOT staying.

That sounds as plausible as anything and although some would whine about his age, I really don't care as long as he knows what he's doing.

If so, that's a quick analyzation of the team, and represents another move made with little long term planning involved. Marv's hiring had no succession plan in place, and having Nix fill the GM role isn't the answer. I know the guy has been a part of some good drafts, but 70 year olds are retired, front office execs and coaches, in the NFL.

If Modrak gets the job, the chances that Cowher will come here gets bumped up a notch.

If Nix gets the job, the chances that we'll actually bring in quality FAs (and draftees) gets bumped a notch.

To be honest, I REALLY hope Nix is our new GM. He's the type of football mind we need making decisions.

If so, that's a quick analyzation of the team, and represents another move made with little long term planning involved. Marv's hiring had no succession plan in place, and having Nix fill the GM role isn't the answer. I know the guy has been a part of some good drafts, but 70 year olds are retired, front office execs and coaches, in the NFL.

You should find a picture of an elderly man walking through a revolving door for your new avatar ...

If Modrak gets the job, the chances that Cowher will come here gets bumped up a notch.

If Nix gets the job, the chances that we'll actually bring in quality FAs (and draftees) gets bumped a notch.

To be honest, I REALLY hope Nix is our new GM. He's the type of football mind we need making decisions.

It's Nix. Modrak will stay through the draft and then be gone or in a consulting role.