Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

Sounds like a typical Ralph Wilson move. Did they even bring in anyone else? The season isn't over, so if this rumor is true that means they did not consider anyone else already employed in another NFL front office.

The part-timer or the hermit that works from his basement 1000 miles away... choices, choices. :bag:

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is fun, and I'm late on this, but i'll make up for it!

Condoleeza Rice as GM. Remember she was interested in doing it?

They're announcing they're going to begin selling alcohol to 18+ as a way to draw more revenue as well as comfort fans in such a tragic city.

Bababooey TaTaToothy is going to be our GM.

Eric the Midget as our next head coach.

Rush Limbaugh has formed a group to purchase the Buffalo Bills. Also in the group is Dick Cheney, Terrel Owens, Mel Gibson, David Lettermen and Chester Cheto.

In support of Fred Jackson the entire Bills team will wear eyeblack with the words "so sad."

Anyway, aren't we supposed to interview a minority for this position before we can fill it? Of course, we could have done this behind closed doors, but surely it'd have been leaked!

Is this supposed to be your attempt at humor?

Yeah Nix is so damn good he has been a GM how many times for how many teams? But hey isn't that the Buffalo way? Give guys their first shot at something in hopes that CHEAPLY ralph can get away with it.

If it is Nix or Modrak I think I am about done.

ICE, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm just as pissed as you are over the Bills cheapskate ways over the last decade, but this would be a good hire in my books.

I would prefer seeing Nix as the director of scouting, bumping Modrak out the door.

How many people become first-time GMs on the wrong side of 70? What took so long? Not a shot at Nix cause he's very capable with college scouting... I envisioned him being in charge of scouting, not the GM.

And why announce this NOW? Was Buddy Nix going to run off to another NFL team? Like Richard Manuel Jauron was going to leave the Bills after their 5-1 start last year? Wow, 5-1... this year 5-11.

Sounds like a typical Ralph Wilson move. Did they even bring in anyone else? The season isn't over, so if this rumor is true that means they did not consider anyone else already employed in another NFL front office.

If Nix was still the assistant GM/Director of college scouting, would anyone complain?

Based on what? That he can evaluate talent? He was let go by the Chargers, no? What experience does he have hiring coaches? Running a day-to-day football organization? It's a 24-7 job, is he up to that?

When #2 guys never get the top job, it's telling and not a matter of them being unlucky. People talk and talent is recognized. You don't see 60-70 year old guys getting their first HC job all that often in the NFL.

Nix is a classic #2 guy who assists a GM, and he's been darn good at it. Promoting him to GM would be like DJ making Schonert OC: they're close, will work cheap, but haven't done the job before. Being GM is a heckuva lot different than running the college scouting department.

WGR is saying there's a press conference but no info on what it's about. I think if Mendola's source was credible they would have announced the info

If his source was credible and they announced it on the air, he would lose that source forever.

When #2 guys never get the top job, it's telling and not a matter of them being unlucky. People talk and talent is recognized. You don't see 60-70 year old guys getting their first HC job all that often in the NFL.

Nix is a classic #2 guy who assists a GM, and he's been darn good at it. Promoting him to GM would be like DJ making Schonert OC: they're close, will work cheap, but haven't done the job before. Being GM is a heckuva lot different than running the college scouting department.

Uh - I think we're agreeing, but I'm not sure...

Is this supposed to be your attempt at humor?

Entirely so and entirely unhumorous. I am enjoying all of the speculation on something that is probably so miniscule that we'll be let down when it comes out. I hope not...but as a Bills fan the optimist side of me died long ago.

ICE, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I'm just as pissed as you are over the Bills cheapskate ways over the last decade, but this would be a good hire in my books.

Based on what? He is a friggin scout! Look Wolf, Casserly etal are sitting out there with acomplished resumes. How many people did they bring in? None!

Bottom line this is Cheap assed, scared, egotistical ralph not willing to pay or hand over control. But hey you lemmings will lap it up. Just like I have said in other posts, he could hire satan and you guys would make excuses as to why this was a good hire.

The part-timer or the hermit that works from his basement 1000 miles away... choices, choices. :bag:

So why did Brandon go "underground" as Chris Brown pointed out in the Atlanta Bills Backers meeting or whatever it was? Did he have the H1N1, or is he really on the witness protection program...cause if the Bills do this move we're all thinking, then, he may need help from the FBI. Just kidding of course.

Thank you! The guy is a #2 for a !@#$ing reason. ONLY in Buffalo does #2 or #3 guys get their chances.

If Nix is the new GM, look for us to draft an SEC or Big 12 player in round one. The guy is recognized as one of the best evaluators of talent from the south (where he lives).

I'll say it again: talent evaluation and team-building are COMPLETELY different. You need BOTH. What evidence do we have that Nix can do the latter? None. I agree with ICE here.