Bills press conference @2:30-Nix confirmed as new GM

zdro22

If they have made Nix the GM, then folks it is still gonna suck. AGAIN Ralph not willing to relinquish power to a REAL !@#$ing GM!!! :bag:

So say the Bills brought in someone from outside the organization to be the GM...what makes you think Ralph would give that person more power than he's going to give Nix/Modrak/Whoever the in-house promotion to GM would be?

I agree with you that, in the end, the GM only has as much power as Ralph is going to give him. But I don't think people should dismiss Nix based on the fact he's in-house. The guy can recognize talent, his drafts prove that.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks for the scoop.

This organization runs like the Bush administration. Do a crap job, get yourself promoted. Heckuva job, Nixie!

I don't know. He is a solid personnel guy. Just not what we all envisioned. If he hire the right coach we will be in better shape. I know it's not saying much.

If they have made Nix the GM, then folks it is still gonna suck. AGAIN Ralph not willing to relinquish power to a REAL !@#$ing GM!!! :bag:

Long term planning, if Nix becomes GM, is something the Bills ignore. I think there's a reason behind it, but naming Marv GM, and (big if) Nix gets the job, where are they going.

Ralph's 91, and he isn't making plans for 5 years from now. What's the long term vision of the franchise if Nix gets the job?

I will be extremely disappointed if Modrak is getting the GM job. He is partially to blame for the mess we are currently in and doesn't deserve to be in charge. Nix hasn't been here long enough so it is difficult to pass judgement but it is defintely not the sexy pick and seems like another Ralph cheap hire. We need a clean sweep of this organization from top to bottom.

So say the Bills brought in someone from outside the organization to be the GM...what makes you think Ralph would give that person more power than he's going to give Nix/Modrak/Whoever the in-house promotion to GM would be?

I agree with you that, in the end, the GM only has as much power as Ralph is going to give him. But I don't think people should dismiss Nix based on the fact he's in-house. The guy can recognize talent, his drafts prove that.

Yeah Nix is so damn good he has been a GM how many times for how many teams? But hey isn't that the Buffalo way? Give guys their first shot at something in hopes that CHEAPLY ralph can get away with it.

If it is Nix or Modrak I think I am about done.

By the way, Nix is from outside the organization. He was brought on at the beginning of this season. I believe he had a falling out with AJ Smith (big surprise).

He was AJ's assistant GM/director of college scouting for years.

He has been with the Bills before so technically.........

Well, thanks for the scoop.

This organization runs like the Bush administration. Do a crap job, get yourself promoted. Heckuva job, Nixie!

Nix has been with the Bills ONE YEAR. His last stint with us ended in 2000, so there is no way in hell he could even be partly blamed for the abortion the Bills call football over the last decade.

While away from the Bills, all he did was help build the Chargers into perennial SB contenders and brought them a disgusting amount of Pro Bowlers in the process.

You're right, he blows. Bring in "OTHER OUTSIDE GM HERE" because he's different!

this is fun, and I'm late on this, but i'll make up for it!

Condoleeza Rice as GM. Remember she was interested in doing it?

They're announcing they're going to begin selling alcohol to 18+ as a way to draw more revenue as well as comfort fans in such a tragic city.

Bababooey TaTaToothy is going to be our GM.

Eric the Midget as our next head coach.

Rush Limbaugh has formed a group to purchase the Buffalo Bills. Also in the group is Dick Cheney, Terrel Owens, Mel Gibson, David Lettermen and Chester Cheto.

In support of Fred Jackson the entire Bills team will wear eyeblack with the words "so sad."

Anyway, aren't we supposed to interview a minority for this position before we can fill it? Of course, we could have done this behind closed doors, but surely it'd have been leaked!