JANUARY 15, 2010!!!

Bash_Gash

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep this date in your calendars. This was heard on a radio station and as part of a certain Thurman Thomas weekly show, that the Buffalo Bills have big time news on 1/15/2010 that will impress the fans and be shocking.

Thurman would not go into the news on the radio, but I am guessing that perhaps this is tied to Coach Sal's report of Cowher being interested in the Bills. Maybe this is the date that they are targeting as the signing and turning around of the Buffalo Bills Franchise or the Ownership status and a heir taking over and keeping the team in buffalo.

Oh man, what a bummer. I saw a guy holding up a sign today that said "the world will end on January 14th." Now we'll never know what the big announcement was going to be. But there is an upside to this: any fan who still follows the misfortunes of the Bills when the world ends goes straight to heaven and will be attended by 72 virgins. What? you said the 72 dolphins were all virgins? Man, my hearing is getting worse. :rolleyes: Sorry guys. But we still get to go to heaven. And we get to wear a pin that says "I have already paid for my sins: Bills fan."

Perhaps it is the announcement the Bills are leaving for LA... My hunch is Thurman is drinking again and is just making stuff up....

I don't get the sense that Thurman is on the know of happenings at One Bills Drive.

Brandon will have his sit down meeting with Ralph next week. They'll sit down with Fewell and make a decision on that front. And then will move forward with the GM search and coaching search.

I dont know why people still think Cowher is still a possibility. I am 10000000% sure he will not be our coach as he already said no...PUBLICLY

Whether he actually comes to Buffalo or not, I love this. People will say something and other people will just believe it. It's been mentioned, but that's not what he said.

Keep this date in your calendars. This was heard on a radio station and as part of a certain Thurman Thomas weekly show, that the Buffalo Bills have big time news on 1/15/2010 that will impress the fans and be shocking.

Thurman would not go into the news on the radio, but I am guessing that perhaps this is tied to Coach Sal's report of Cowher being interested in the Bills. Maybe this is the date that they are targeting as the signing and turning around of the Buffalo Bills Franchise or the Ownership status and a heir taking over and keeping the team in buffalo.

Sorry Skooby is already banging this drum over at the OBD forums ... therefore it's officially bunk. :wallbash:

Hey maybe thats the date when they will announce plans to build a new stadium. LOL Possible destinations two blocks from my house so I can make a killing in parking. But there I go dreaming again. Maybe they can time the construction to be completed the same time The Bass pro gets built. ummm, that will be a while.

I've noticed that Thurman is pretty vocal lately. I don't believe a word he says. remember he ounce claimed he was the "Michael Jordan" of the Bills and was a key figure of "The Bickering Bills" He is just board. Hey, to perform like a pro you have to talk smack like a pro.

Question (man, did I just feel like Dwight Schrute for typing that): what station is broadcasting the Super Bowl this year? If it is not CBS (which I don't think that it is), then what is the last game for CBS to broadcast (i.e.- what is the last game Cowher will be working in the studio)?

Could it be possible that Cowher is waiting until the last week to announce that he is leaving CBS for the Bills head coaching job?

That would atleast make the date have some sort of logic to it. Cowher did seem somewhat more chipper this past weekend on the worst NFL pregame show on TV.

Question (man, did I just feel like Dwight Schrute for typing that): what station is broadcasting the Super Bowl this year? If it is not CBS (which I don't think that it is), then what is the last game for CBS to broadcast (i.e.- what is the last game Cowher will be working in the studio)?

Could it be possible that Cowher is waiting until the last week to announce that he is leaving CBS for the Bills head coaching job?

That would atleast make the date have some sort of logic to it. Cowher did seem somewhat more chipper this past weekend on the worst NFL pregame show on TV.

The super bowl is on CBS this year.

Well, for one, I hope the whole Mayans being wrong theory isn't it. My birthday is 1/15, but I doubt they're going to celebrate it publicly.

But it is also MLK's birthday, so maybe they'll announce that they're hiring Dennis Green as the new H.C., or something!!

Seriously, though, unless Cowher (or any H.C., for that matter) already has his coordinators picked and hired, why would they wait until 1/15 to announce a coaching hire. Doesn't add up.

I think it's gotta be something to do with the future of the organization, ownership-wise.

At this point, won't we all take whatever good Bills news comes our way?!?!?

Well, for one, I hope the whole Mayans being wrong theory isn't it. My birthday is 1/15, but I doubt they're going to celebrate it publicly.

But it is also MLK's birthday, so maybe they'll announce that they're hiring Dennis Green as the new H.C., or something!!

Seriously, though, unless Cowher (or any H.C., for that matter) already has his coordinators picked and hired, why would they wait until 1/15 to announce a coaching hire. Doesn't add up.

I think it's gotta be something to do with the future of the organization, ownership-wise.

At this point, won't we all take whatever good Bills news comes our way?!?!?

Agreed - It has to be 1 of 2 things:

1. A succession plan

2. A new stadium

Thurman cracks me up. The guy is like a little kid with a secret and he can't keep the secret. It's like he's always bursting at the seams to spew out his inside info but knows he can't. If the Bills organization is going to trust him with inside info, he should act a little more professional imo. Anyway, i hope what he knows is more impressive than the Nix hire.

Thurman cracks me up. The guy is like a little kid with a secret and he can't keep the secret. It's like he's always bursting at the seams to spew out his inside info but knows he can't. If the Bills organization is going to trust him with inside info, he should act a little more professional imo. Anyway, i hope what he knows is more impressive than the Nix hire.

Has he even brought this up since Nix got hired? I can't imagine this January 15th announcement has to do with ownership situation, because settling that issue may help them land a coach.

kind of weird to throw a date out there like that. maybe thurman should just shut his yap

internal leaks are often done purposefully. look at Apple's new Tablet. this thing has been rumored for 18 mos. now for a reason. tt couldve been asked to drop hints....or he should shut up, but im just sayin'

NO HE DID NOT. (sigh) What he said was he will not interview for any jobs before the season is

over. Where in there do you hear "I don't want the Bills job?" Litstening in fundamental. It might

turn out he takes a different job. It might even be likely. But he NEVER said he would not interview

for the Bills job. He said he will not interview for ANY job during the season.

nobody ever litstens to me