My fear with Brian Brohm

frogger

I fear that Mr Brohm will look like the projected first pick he was suppose to be. By that I mean, he will come out against the 30th ranked pass defense and throw for 2 to 4 scores, and 250+ yards in a victory against the falcons. And remember this is an indoor game. While this is happening the Jets beat the colts, and during the game Manning gets roughed up a little.

Then next week, the colts rest Manning, and Brohm throws for 200+ yards and 2 scores in a victory over the colts.

That might sound great, but the colts have home field through the playoffs at that point. They are playing to not get injured.

So everyone in Buffalo is now thinking they have the QB of the future after all, these numbers project to 3600 yards passing and 40 TDs in a 16 game season. the problem of course being that neither team plays in the dreaded 3-4 defense, both play a similar defense to Buffalo. And Bufallo has made players look like hall of famers

And then the pain continues, we don't draft a QB even if Clauson is there. in 2010 Brohm comes out looking like the practice squad player the Packers made him, and suffer through the year again...then christmas 2010 we are talking about Locker.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that Mr Brohm will look like the projected first pick he was suppose to be. By that I mean, he will come out against the 30th ranked pass defense and throw for 2 to 4 scores, and 250+ yards in a victory against the falcons. And remember this is an indoor game. While this is happening the Jets beat the colts, and during the game Manning gets roughed up a little.

Then next week, the colts rest Manning, and Brohm throws for 200+ yards and 2 scores in a victory over the colts.

That might sound great, but the colts have home field through the playoffs at that point. They are playing to not get injured.

So everyone in Buffalo is now thinking they have the QB of the future after all, these numbers project to 3600 yards passing and 40 TDs in a 16 game season. the problem of course being that neither team plays in the dreaded 3-4 defense, both play a similar defense to Buffalo. And Bufallo has made players look like hall of famers

And then the pain continues, we don't draft a QB even if Clauson is there. in 2010 Brohm comes out looking like the practice squad player the Packers made him, and suffer through the year again...then christmas 2010 we are talking about Locker.

If he can do that with this team more power to him.

Jeez, why do people continue to try to turn what could be a positive into a negative?!? only on this board, sheesh!

If any QB can throw for 275+ yds and 2-4 TD's on a team with this O-line and under-achievers at WR and TE....we should be jumping for joy!

I'd be more than happy for Brohm to grab the reins and run with it. He's already way ahead of any QB coming out of the draft (in terms of NFL language and understanding of defense and speed of the game). If Brohm flops then so be it, can't be any worse than Fitz or Edwards has been. I suspect the Bills will grab a QB in the draft anyway.

This is actually a good point. The Falcons' pass defense is pretty poor too.

A good GM though wouldn't pass on a guy like Clausen, if he's there, even if there is some belief that Brohm could be the QB of the future.

If he puts up those numbers, I'll be on DHGATE looking for a Brohm jersey! Seriously though, If he shows he can be a decent starter and we can address other needs in the 1st round, I'm all for it. Put a better team around him and hope for the best.

He won't.

Its more likely that Brohm will be running for his life on Sunday behind our porous pass protection.

I'm with you, up until the drafting of a QB 'even if Clausen is there' thing.

I will 1 up you.

My fear, is that he will fail miserably behind our hideous offensive line and lazy receivers and he will be cast-off once the season is over.

As far as your Clausen comment is concerned, I personally believe that as long as our scouting staff is led by Tom Modrak, we should forfeit our drafts and trade them for proven players.

DOOP!

I forgot, Guy is running our Pro Personnel Department.

We need a front office more than a QB or coach.

Jeez, why do people continue to try to turn what could be a positive into a negative?!? only on this board, sheesh!

If any QB can throw for 275+ yds and 2-4 TD's on a team with this O-line and under-achievers at WR and TE....we should be jumping for joy!

I'd be more than happy for Brohm to grab the reins and run with it. He's already way ahead of any QB coming out of the draft (in terms of NFL language and understanding of defense and speed of the game). If Brohm flops then so be it, can't be any worse than Fitz or Edwards has been. I suspect the Bills will grab a QB in the draft anyway.

I'm with you on this, god forbid we end on a positive. I also see what the op is saying, because if he has two good games he will be anointed our savior. I think though most people have the smarts to fully evaluate the next guy so we don't end up with Edwards 2.0.

you don't have to worry about brohm because vick will be the qb next year

I'm all for Vick being the Bills QB next year......just so he can get the crap knocked out of him behind our sucky O-line. Then when he's pretty much beaten to a bloody pulp by week 5, we can tie him up with live electrical wires and toss him into Lake Erie! :(

Right...and if he survives that he has passed his initiation

No Bills fans will not be hapy

A) He does terrible and all the Brohm haters can come out and be all i told you so i told you so i-i-i told you so

if he doesent throw for 300yds 4tds and not take a sack we will all throw things at him and tell him he is awful.

I for one dont care, if he plays and does well its only one game. Trent had a monster game against KC last yer, it was 1 game. If he plays terrible, its his first start while learning a new system.