Schobel contemplating retirement

I hope Schobel retires. You could tell he lost a step before he got hurt. This year he bounced back on sacks, but too often runners have gotten outside of him on sweeps and he cannot run down the line to make tackles on inside runs like he used to. I like Schobel. He has been a good contributor to the team, but it's time to go.

Yep. Over hyped, overpaid. Time to cut bait...along with over 1/2 this crappy roster

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is ridiculous that people would be happy that one of the best defensive players this team has retires and leaves a giant hole. As far as Schobel getting more sacks against weaker opponents, Bruce Smith got the majority of his sacks against weaker opponents so he must have been lousy too. Bruce Smith hardly showed up against the Cowboys so the Bills were better off without him.

I remember at the end of the Wade Phillips era where people were talking about how it would be better if the team were gutted. Well, how'd that work out. If the Bills get rid of all their best players, the team will be rebuilding again. Yeah Hoo!!

The Bills need to figure out who they can get instead of who they can fire. For example, Jim Leonhard has turned out really well. I would bet any amount of money that Schobel would be even more highly regarded if he played for New England. Most over-rated player, give me a break. Outside of Buffalo nobody knows who he is. $6.5 million a year is a bargain.

I saw the article on pft and thought it was interesting to see the comments on the article.... bills fans "let him go" patriots fans "send him to us"

im not saying they know better then anyone else, but i thought it was interesting to see the stark difference between the camps.

the real question is who would really be a better value for the money? players getting 5-7 sacks are getting big contracts these days. if we are looking for a 10 sack guy for cheap, you need to hit one in the mid rounds of the draft, its that or pony up for $10 million plus. realistically, unless we were tight on the salary cap next year, there is no reason to get rid of talent for being "overpaid." until we cant afford someone we want, no one is overpaid.

We have a winner! Thanks Matt, I knew if something like this was said it could be found.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...ichicks_-2.html

And you would still be wrong:

Retraction

The writer, Peter King, states he wouldn't have changed his opinion "even if Bill Belichick called and said, 'Neither of those guys could make my team.'"

King said it was a hypothetical quote. The News regrets the error.

Why does this rumor persist?

why don't you keep your mouth shut if you do not know what your talking about.

That's pretty funny considering the guy you're yapping at has forgotten more about this game than you will ever understand. :rolleyes:

Bye now! Most. Over-rated. DE. EVER.

Agreed (to a point.) Schobel had a decent run in the prime of his career, I won't take that away from him. At this point he's a shell of his former self, I said the same thing in a post last week. Many people disagreed and still thought Schobel was a VERY GOOD DE, I happen to disagree. He's been fairly average this year IMO, decent pass rusher a liability in the run game.....and starting to look pretty slow. Schobel is payed big money, and I think with a solid front office the money could be sprent more wisely. Losing Schobel is NOT a huge loss, especially if the Bills go about it the right way and truly blow this thing up.

At least the guy has the diginity to admit he has lost some speed and might step down, unlike the highly overated Marcus Stroud who will come another year to leach a paycheck and take up a spot on the bench. Stroud has done nothing this, but watch running backs go by him. He should follow Schobel to the pasture.