Is It A Bad Thing For Us To Keep Winning Games?

H2o

If we keep it up and reach 7-9 again or maybe 8-8 is it really a bad thing? It will completely change our options in the draft. We could end up missing out on the guys who could make the immediate impact at the key positions we need. It also could complicate things for our coaching/GM search. I'm not really sure what I think about it right now. What do you all think?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is. Look at this board today. Every one is excited we beat Miami. Attitude on the team and fans has improved since Jauron was fired. Players seems to have confidence in the staff and each other. Many are optimistic. Yep, nothing good can come from winning games.

If we keep it up and reach 7-9 again or maybe 8-8 is it really a bad thing? It will completely change our options in the draft. We could end up missing out on the guys who could make the immediate impact at the key positions we need. It also could complicate things for our coaching/GM search. I'm not really sure what I think about it right now. What do you all think?

Or it could mean that we are not that far off from being in the playoffs and might help us land a top quality coach and/or GM.

I will be happy either way, but if we can keep winning, thats great. Figure out the draft and everything else later. Winning is always better than losing although I get the draft point. 1 extra win cost us Big Ben a few years ago.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Yesterday sure was awesome, though.

Yes, it is. Look at this board today. Every one is excited we beat Miami. Attitude on the team and fans has improved since Jauron was fired. Players seems to have confidence in the staff and each other. Many are optimistic. Yep, nothing good can come from winning games.

:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, and I think it has been said numerous times already, a team that is only 2 or 3 wins away from the playoffs may look better to a high-profile coach.

I agree. Winning might make us look like a franchise with potential instead of the black hole we were becoming under

Dick(less) Jauron.

PTR

Who cares where we draft. There are good players available throughout the first round not just the top five. It all depends on your staff to find the talent at your draft position.

The only thing to do now is WIN.

Ultimately it depends upon your perspective of the team. If all you are concerned about is the playoffs/superbowl then yes, it is a bad thing to win games the remainder of this season including yesterday. However if you enjoy following the Bills, and going to or watching the games for the experience of that particular game, then winning a game can never be a bad thing.

It is never a bad thing to win games, especially on a young team like Buffalo. It should mean younger guys are learning and becoming better players. As far draft status goes, who cares. Worry about that later. Heck the way things are going, if there was someone you really liked in the top 5, you can always move up. trades are happening more and more. You think Detroit is going to want to have another rookie salary in the top 5 of the draft? Just saying, win now, worry about the draft in the offseason.

Remember the Ravens in 1999. They won their last 8 games. It set the tone for them the next year. went on to beat the Giants in the Superbowl that year. I know its a strech, but we accomplished what needed to happen this year, Jauron is gone, now start finding out what you got for next year.

Guest dog14787
Winning is bad. We don't want our young players learning how to win football games. Also, a strong finish might actually cause some around the league to think the Bills have talent and potential, and maybe even attract some coaching talent and free agents - we can't have that.

No way, we just can't have it, the Bills? talented and showing potential? No way :rolleyes:

and this is with some of our best talent on IR

We have had something like 17 winning seasons in 50 years as a team. There are always drafts, and new coaches, etc. that supposedly will turn it all around. To quote Al Davis from his earlier successful era:

"JUST WIN BABY"

That should be our only philosophy for every game. Screw next year's draft, its only a crapshoot anyway. But if you insist I analyse the current situation, winning helps more than anything. This is a young team with some decent talent at several positions. We want to build on that and we want a new FO, GM, HC to build on that. We don't want a new group to come in here and blow everything up so that they can look like the big geniuses in 2017 when we win a SB. Some of us don't have that much time left. We want the playoffs next year and to have that we have to start to learn how to win now.

"JUST WIN BABY"