Tebow

BeastMode54

90 percent of his highlights is off the option. He can't do that in the pros. he might get away with it once or twice and that is about it. the other 10 percent of his highlights are pretty poor throws. I saw a bunch of ducks and underthrown balls.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gives up his body for the good of the team.

One of the couterintuitive things a Pro athlete (particularly a QB) must learn is that is what is good for the team is that you should only give up your body only on rare occasions. From time to time a QB should put his body on the line to throw a TD scoring lead block, but in general that even the back-ups and role players are faster more deadly hitters than college starters.

When to slide or throw the ball way OB is often the best thing to be done.

I watched that game, too, and several others of Tebow's during the last four years. You can't help but do it if you live in Florida. When you say he doesn't look that special, I understand what you mean. You see him running several varieties of the option play and so it doesn't look like pro ball. But shovel passes aside, when he throws medium and long, he is very accurate. He has a live arm and is also good at buying time by avoiding pass rushers. He has run for 51 touchdowns in 4 years, breaking Herschell Walker's record.

He's bigger than Michael Vick and not as big as Vince Young, but he is similar in that he is hard to catch, can run the ball and sees most of the field most of the time. He may not be as shifty a runner as those two, but he is a far better passer.

Confession time: I'm not a Florida Gators fan or a Tim Tebow fan. But I have to respect his courage and skills.

He may be the best remedy for what the Bills need in a quarterback after all. Kelly may be right.

The accuracy issue with Tebow is a bunch of bs. Doesnt he have like a 70% completion % for his career. You do not have a number like that without being accurate. Arm strength, looks to me like he could make all the throws whenever I watch him. I do not know how he will be at qb, but he will be no more risky then anybody else. Pepole get to caught into arm strength & such. That is how busts like J Russel & Losman get drafted in the 1st round. What does the player do on the field. This guy has been a winner his whole life, I would have no problem if the bills took him with their 1st round pick.

I come from a huge Gators family. Lots of family members graduated from the University and live and die by them. Many still live in Jacksonville and Gainsville. I believe that Tim Tebow is a fantastic college football player. Maybe one of the best to play at the collegiate level as far as what he does for hist team. He's a terrific athlete, he's a hustler, and a leader.

That said, he is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Take Urban Myer away from Florida and Tebow doesn't win a Heisman OR a national championship. In fact, he probably doesn't even get drafted until round 6 or 7 ... if he gets drafted at all. Tebow is the PERFECT QB for Urban Myer's spread option offense. The offense that (was, and maybe still is) ahead of 99% of the defenses the Gators faced in Tebow's first 3 years. If you doubt that, look at how much his numbers have dropped in his 4th year -- some of that can be attributed to graduation, but I think the majority of it is that SEC defenses have caught up to Urban Meyers' offense. Add to that the masterful recruiting job that Myer and his staff do every year and you're surrounding Tebow with some of the best athletes in the country on both sides of the ball.

Take Tebow out of the spread, take the UF caliber talent away from him, and he's a mediocre QB ... if he even stays at QB. My guess would be that another coach would have converted him to a TE or FB long before he ever had time to develop as a passer. Put Tebow on, say Tennessee's squad -- a perfectly good program, and no one here on this board would even know who he is. Why? Because he'd be on the bench or playing a non glory position.

I have nothing against Tebow as a person. While I'm not an evangelical christian, I don't mind his religious fervor or his missionary work. That's great. I also think that you can't just discount Tebow's career accomplishments because he played for Urban Myer either. Certainly Tebow brought a large element of himself and his talent to those teams and helped them win 2 championships (and maybe a 3rd). Still, I think the blind fans and Tebow worshipers are kidding themselves if they don't look at the full picture. Tebow has benefited from a perfect storm -- being at the right school, playing for the right coach at the right time.

Tebow won't have Urban Meyer or his offense in the NFL. He also won't have the edge when it comes to surrounding talent in the NFL as he does in 99% of his games now. He's a leader, that will translate I believe, but the key elements of his game won't. You put Tebow on any other team and he's a mediocre player with a huge heart. Put him under center in the NFL and he's a below average QB with a short career. I doubt Tebow will be taken in the 1st round by any team UNLESS he has an absolutely mind blowing combine (and/or) pro day. Someone will take him in the 2nd or 3rd. But it won't be, and shouldn't be, Buffalo.

Show me one college coach that would play Tebow at LB/Te instead of qb & I will show you a college coach that will be on the unemployment line in 3 years. Give me a break, dumbest post I have read in a long time. BTW, noone was comparing him to jesus Christ. I have to questio after this post whether you have ever even watched a Florida game while tebow has been under center.

There are over 100+ teams in the FBS division. Tim Tebow has below average accuracy, which means that over 50 QBs in division 1 football are more accurate than he is. Yeah, i want a QB like that.

Someone explain to me how great leadership skills will help him throw NFL passes.

Quit bringing rationality to this conversation, you're upsetting the sheep.

He will suck in the NFL, which will be hard to digest for half of the board members who really badly want to have sweaty man sex with him.

Although maybe some adversity in the NFL will get him to drop his over the top, in everyone's face christian bullshitt.

Quit bringing rationality to this conversation, you're upsetting the sheep.

He will suck in the NFL, which will be hard to digest for half of the board members who really badly want to have sweaty man sex with him.

Although maybe some adversity in the NFL will get him to drop his over the top, in everyone's face christian bullshitt.

Where is the rationality? As has been said Tebow has a GOOD completeion percentage. How do you explain that if he is inaccurate? IRRATIONAL.

He will suck in the NFL. OK you have a crystal ball. IRRATIONAL.

Adversity will make him drop his over the top christian bs. This is the most irrational statement of all. Tebows FAITH will help him weather adversity. As has been said before faith did not seem to hamper Frank Reich or many other athletes that have faith.

I just saw highlights of yesterday's game. Twice he threw 2 yard shovel passes to a RB/WR who then ran through the entire overmatched defense. Wow -- two TD passes for Tebow.

Then he ran for 2 TDs on the option against that over-matched defense. Wow. I wonder how many of those 4 plays would have been a TD in the NFL?

Meanwhile, Clausen threw for 5 TDs last night, but he's not 'a winner' because his team has a high-school level defense.

Gotta love the mentality on this board. :)

We need someone like Tim Tebow on this team.(minus the christian stuff)

Yeah much better someone miss games for having guns or running over people with there car or getting arrested in Cleveland

It would be silly to have someone who believes in helping the community

Where is the rationality? As has been said Tebow has a GOOD completeion percentage. How do you explain that if he is inaccurate? IRRATIONAL.

Its not just the completion percentage. I'd also argue that if he were so hideously inaccurate, he'd have thrown more than 15 interceptions in over 900 attempts as an SEC QB.

That's not to say that I'd pick him in the top 10 or even the first round, but in my mind, he is pretty clearly the best of the 2nd tier QB prospects in this draft. Obviously, he's a good athlete, but I think he's undersold as a passer and has a pretty good arm and adequate accuracy. If he goes to a team that has a good QB coach who can help him refine the ability that he has, I think he could turn out to be a solid starter in the NFL, given a little time and patience. He's probably never going to remind anyone of Dan Marino, but I think he can be a good game manager type as a passer, but who can also give defenses all kinds of problems with his mobility as well. As an added plus, he's a leader who will never quit and never be content just collecting a paycheck, and is the type who makes the players around him try harder, too.

I'd have no issue with the Bills selecting him in round 2, especially if they bring in a quality QB coach such as Shanahan or Jason Garrett to run this team.

Tebow may not be the most gifted athlete or even QB in the field, but he's a leader. He knows how to win and he takes his teammates there. He makes his teammates better. The Bills have no idea how to win - example, the New England game. They need someone who can share a vision of winning, not someone who wants not to lose. I'd seriously consider him in the draft.

I just saw highlights of yesterday's game. Twice he threw 2 yard shovel passes to a RB/WR who then ran through the entire overmatched defense. Wow -- two TD passes for Tebow.

Then he ran for 2 TDs on the option against that over-matched defense. Wow. I wonder how many of those 4 plays would have been a TD in the NFL?

Meanwhile, Clausen threw for 5 TDs last night, but he's not 'a winner' because his team has a high-school level defense.

Gotta love the mentality on this board. :)

Guess you missed the perfect 39 yard touch pass for a TD. How many of those would have been TDs in the NFL? You mean against teams like the Lions, Browns? All of them most likely.

Maybe you should look back at his career--he's been doing that in the toughest conference in the counrty for years---are they all "overmatched defenses" also?

"Mentality"?? How bout lazy thinking?

Show me one college coach that would play Tebow at LB/Te instead of qb & I will show you a college coach that will be on the unemployment line in 3 years. Give me a break, dumbest post I have read in a long time. BTW, noone was comparing him to jesus Christ. I have to questio after this post whether you have ever even watched a Florida game while tebow has been under center.

I know reading is hard. Just sound out the big words and it'll help.

I feel like this...

If the top QB's are gone and its clear that we need a QB and if Tebow is there I would not be mad if the Bills picked him.

But I would rather see them get one of the top lineman either offense or defense because we need to run the ball better and stop the run better.

I feel like this...

If the top QB's are gone and its clear that we need a QB and if Tebow is there I would not be mad if the Bills picked him.

But I would rather see them get one of the top lineman either offense or defense because we need to run the ball better and stop the run better.

And if there are no Qbs left? Then who do they get?

The fact of the matter is the Bills seem to draft positions they need.

They need a Qb the most. So they should draft a Qb first. Draft the best available at the time they pick.