Tebow

BeastMode54

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbdown:

At his point, every time you join these threads you end up hurting your own argument. He's thrown 2 perfect passes today over 20 yards. There are SO many reasons to bring up why Tebow won't succeed in the NFL, yet you somehow manage to lose credibility every time you post.

You manage to lose credibility every time you disregard the consensus of NFL scouts. The fact is that NFL scouts are scared to death of his throwing motion, and they agree that he is less accurate than the average college QB. Of course, it would be just like you to take 2 throws and extrapolate them out to cover an entire career. How about the hundreds of times that Tebow has thrown to a wide open receiver, but the ball is behind them? How about the times when he throws it on the wrong shoulder? You don't notice those because his receivers usually have no one within 5-10 yards of them.

The fact is that there is a consensus that Tim Tebow is not a blue-chip QB prospect. You trying to hype him as one is fairly laughable. Tebow shows almost none of the abilities that pocket passers like Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen have.

There are over 100+ teams in the FBS division. Tim Tebow has below average accuracy, which means that over 50 QBs in division 1 football are more accurate than he is. Yeah, i want a QB like that.

Someone explain to me how great leadership skills will help him throw NFL passes.

8. A Jim Kelly clone with more power, strength and speed.

Wait, you mean, he's a HELL of a drinker that calls his own plays?

11. Has God on his side. The Bills could really use God on their side once in a while.

I've been a Bills fan for 30+ years. I'm pretty sure God hates the Bills. If Tebow can change that, I'M ALL IN!

Just because your not a "blue-chip QB prospect" does not mean your going to fail. Warner and Brady weren't on any NFL scouts top ten and ultimately it was their drive and skill that prevailed. It's pointless to debate whether he'll succeed or not, time will tell. He has a lot of pros and cons.

Fingon you are exagerrating the numbers, considering his completion percentage, I doubt he threw behind his receivers "hundreds" of times. The term "hundreds" is pretty vague (200-999.) You are attacking someone for judging his career on two throws yet are guilty of skewing the numbers to validate your point. He may be a bust or the next Kelly, who knows.

Just because your not a "blue-chip QB prospect" does not mean your going to fail. Warner and Brady weren't on any NFL scouts top ten and ultimately it was their drive and skill that prevailed. It's pointless to debate whether he'll succeed or not, time will tell. He has a lot of pros and cons.

Fingon you are exagerrating the numbers, considering his completion percentage, I doubt he threw behind his receivers "hundreds" of times. The term "hundreds" is pretty vague (200-999.) You are attacking someone for judging his career on two throws yet are guilty of skewing the numbers to validate your point. He may be a bust or the next Kelly, who knows.

Being a blue-chip prospect means that your chance of success is far greater than someone who is not rated as highly. What percentage of 1st round QBs succeed in the NFL compared to ones drafted in the 3rd round or later? Yeah... big difference in likelihood that a player will succeed. You can never say that a player will or won't be a bust, but you can find out which players have the highest chance of succeeding. Therefore, all you are arguing is that there is a possibility that Tebow will be good. I would agree with that, but the likelihood is that he will NOT be a successful QB.

And yes, "hundreds" was an exaggeration, however it doesn't mean that the overlying theme is incorrect.

Would anyone be against the idea of drafting Tebow with a second or third round pick, where some experts are projecting him? I'm sure Brandon will weigh the positives Tebow may bring with regard to ticket sales and national media attention.

The fact is that there is a consensus that Tim Tebow is not a blue-chip QB prospect.

what round do you have most of the draft pundits believing Tebow will go by the time we get to March?

If most of the draft "experts" have any player going in the first or second round, in your view does that count as a "blue-chip" prospect?

and if not, how do you quantify a "blue-chip" prospect?

I cant remember where I heard this but I heard some people are saying he should convert to tight end when he comes to the NFL. Anyone else hear something similar to this? I think its just talk but I have heard this more than once.

yeah the projection is h-back or tight end and some wildcat type of offense but he is not the prototypical n.f.l. quarterback in most opinions around the n.f.l. For what it is worth belicheat likes him.

what round do you have most of the draft pundits believing Tebow will go by the time we get to March?

If most of the draft "experts" have any player going in the first or second round, in your view does that count as a "blue-chip" prospect?

and if not, how do you quantify a "blue-chip" prospect?

ask Mel Kiper's hair. I think that these so called draft experts and even talent evaluators inside the war rooms are guessing at best and are often influenced far too much by fear, instead of focusing on their own true needs. Granted there is a Michael Jordan every now and then but look at the number of first round wash outs and tell me different.

No they won't. Because they will still have the most talent in the country. Everything is easy when you play with a stacked deck.

Just say no to Tebow.

THey probably won't take a significant fall but i am interested to see where they land in the post Tebow era.

THey probably won't take a significant fall but i am interested to see where they land in the post Tebow era.

I think they are going to a big hit next year, very similar to 2007. They have some very talented talent in the red-shirt sophomore and junior ranks that will probably try to ride a very publicized season to the NFL.

But they have enough young talent to stay competitive and be strong again in two years. Nobody should count Brantley out. He won't be a Tebow, but he's a damn good QB and he's going to have some really good WR's coming up with him.