Tebow

BeastMode54

I watched that game, too, and several others of Tebow's during the last four years. You can't help but do it if you live in Florida. When you say he doesn't look that special, I understand what you mean. You see him running several varieties of the option play and so it doesn't look like pro ball. But shovel passes aside, when he throws medium and long, he is very accurate. He has a live arm and is also good at buying time by avoiding pass rushers. He has run for 51 touchdowns in 4 years, breaking Herschell Walker's record.

He's bigger than Michael Vick and not as big as Vince Young, but he is similar in that he is hard to catch, can run the ball and sees most of the field most of the time. He may not be as shifty a runner as those two, but he is a far better passer.

Confession time: I'm not a Florida Gators fan or a Tim Tebow fan. But I have to respect his courage and skills.

He may be the best remedy for what the Bills need in a quarterback after all. Kelly may be right.

I have to give you Credit because I know you are not a Gator or Tebow fan but in spite of that you are telling it like it is, not repeating the garbage of the HATERS that have seen him play very little. I have a greater respect for you after this post. :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple of Gators games and I can see why people would doubt transitioning his game to the NFL He's a great leader, makes things happen on the field and has solid arm strenght.

He could be drafted in the first round but if the team that drafts him throws the guy into the field inmediately he could fail miserably. This is a guy that you keep on the bench for at least two years, you design a couple of plays for him here and there but you don't make him your starting QB.

If he plays in the pros like he plays in College, he'll likely concussed away from the league.

And if he is thrown into the field his first year it better be with a great coaching staff that can protect him and his flaws with good gameplanning and great running game.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out for him.

Yes, like we trusted Marv to turn this franchise around.

It is time for the Buffalo Bills and their fans to realize something: While it is great to remember the late 80's early 90's fondly, and honor the greats that played and coached here, they are NOT to be making football decisions for 2010 and beyond.

What experience does JK have as a talent evaluator?

You sir are a MORON.

JK has played against (and beat, sometimes) the best atheletes the game of football has known for about the last 40 years. I believe he knows just about as good as anyone else if someone can chuck. U **** just sit down and have a warm cup of milk.

he is NOT leinart. leinart never had any arm strength and can't take a hit.

i think tebow can definitely stand in there, take a hit and deliver the ball. remember, jimbo threw more than his share of picks. also, it be nice to ahve a qb that can sense pressure once in awhile. haven't had that since Trent part I.

he's also not jarmarcus russell because he can actually make a touch throw and fit in the short/intermediate range stuff. his biggest weakness, IMO is 1.) can he play in cold weather 2.) can he become more accurate throwing out route 3.) can he learn to stay in the pocket a little more. he has enough arm strength, and decent accuracy, he really needs some polishing on throwing quick slants and outs - really fitting the ball in a small window

I'm not comparing playing styles, i'm comparing wins. All this "he just wins" talk. If he comes to Buffalo he is gonna have to lose for at least a little while. And if he doesn't start to win (I don't think he is an NFL QB), his personality will grate on the fans way more than any of our previous QB's. And if he is drafted near the top of the draft, it will be costly, like J. Russell.

No they won't. Because they will still have the most talent in the country. Everything is easy when you play with a stacked deck.

Just say no to Tebow.

You can say the same about Tom Brady. The Pats won 11 games without him last year. Thats what kills me when people say he is so good, when in fact they can live without him... It was their defense last year that lost them games...

So did Matt Leinhart.

This video kinda gives us a hint of the kind of "aw, shucks" showboating that we can expect from TT. He's a douche, and that would show up real quick after a few losses on a "rebuilding" Bills team. It would be real costly too. Kind of our own Jamarcus Russell (no, I don't need to be told about the difference in work ethic, I'm talking money and the annoyance of having a "aw,shucks" showboat QB that blows).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-eNg1NRQU...feature=related

One of the worst posts I've seen. Congrats!

We need someone like Tim Tebow on this team.(minus the christian stuff)

We need a WINNER.

I was checking out youtube videos of Tebow and came accross this:

If Trent had done this when Dick was here, Dick would have told him to quiet down.

I see Tebow making an immediate impact for whoever drafts him.

He is just another of many, many great college QB's that will never make it in the NFL. Remember Jerry Tagge of Nebraska? He won two national championships and was the MVP of the Orange Bowl two years in a row. He was taken by the Packers in the draft in the first round, 11th overall. Sounding familiar? In three years as a Packer he had 3 TD's and 17 interceptions. He moved to the UFL and then found a home in the CFL for 3 years but a knee injury ended his career.

We don't need a locker room hero. We need a guy who gets it done on the field.

We really, really need to pass on Tebow.

We need someone like Tim Tebow on this team.(minus the christian stuff)

We need a WINNER.

I was checking out youtube videos of Tebow and came accross this:

If Trent had done this when Dick was here, Dick would have told him to quiet down.

I see Tebow making an immediate impact for whoever drafts him.

Yeah, a certain QB named Ryan Leaf was also famous for locker room, "firey" speeches.

Spare me the cheerleading, and win something.

Then, come to the pros and do the same.

Otherwise, it's just alot of hot air and hype.

Yeah, a certain QB named Ryan Leaf was also famous for locker room, "firey" speeches.

Spare me the cheerleading, and win something.

Then, come to the pros and do the same.

Otherwise, it's just alot of hot air and hype.

WRONG. Leaf was famous for YELLING at reporters in the locker room when he played poorly. When Tebow plays poorly, he will own it & do whatever it takes to improve on his mistakes. That is what will make Tebow a Great NFL QB. I doubt the Bills Draft him though, as has been said the Jags will go after him.

WRONG. Leaf was famous for YELLING at reporters in the locker room when he played poorly. When Tebow plays poorly, he will own it & do whatever it takes to improve on his mistakes. That is what will make Tebow a Great NFL QB. I doubt the Bills Draft him though, as has been said the Jags will go after him.

Man, these pre-draft mock drafts, and the Kiper-ish oogling that goes on certainly makes for great drama, but there have been a far greater number of flops at the QB position that had the sizzle going into the draft than ever lived up to their expectations.

Ultimately, I just want a PROVEN GM running the Bills football operation.

If that individual drafts Tebow, then I will be onboard.

If Brandon, Modrak, and Guy continue making the assessments and calling the shots, then I am not.

I watched that game, too, and several others of Tebow's during the last four years. You can't help but do it if you live in Florida. When you say he doesn't look that special, I understand what you mean. You see him running several varieties of the option play and so it doesn't look like pro ball. But shovel passes aside, when he throws medium and long, he is very accurate. He has a live arm and is also good at buying time by avoiding pass rushers. He has run for 51 touchdowns in 4 years, breaking Herschell Walker's record.

He's bigger than Michael Vick and not as big as Vince Young, but he is similar in that he is hard to catch, can run the ball and sees most of the field most of the time. He may not be as shifty a runner as those two, but he is a far better passer.

Confession time: I'm not a Florida Gators fan or a Tim Tebow fan. But I have to respect his courage and skills.

He may be the best remedy for what the Bills need in a quarterback after all. Kelly may be right.

His running skills will be next to useless in the NFL where the LB's are waaaaay faster than in college. That is why you never see a college QB who had great running stats repeat them in the NFL unless they have WR speed. Tebow does not. Take away his running ability and you take away half of what made him so successful in college.

Given our history at QB, I want no part of this kind of gamble with our first round pick, especially if we are going to take a QB there. Bradford, Locker and even Mallett are far less of a gamble than Tebow. We draft him and we will spend the next 6 years on an offensive coordinator merry-go-round trying to find someone who can "just find the right way to use Tebow..."

The problem with our QB's is not that they aren't willingn to "do whatever it takes to improve". No coach, no reporter has ever hinted that JP or Trent didn't work their fannies off. The problem is, no matter how great your locker room speeches, no matter how determined you are, no matter how likeable you are, if you don't have the talent to go with all that, you are never going to be better than mediocre. Let someone else play "little engine that could" with their draft pick. Lets get a guy who has the skill and the dedication. Don't even tell me how good you think Tebow is, tell my why you think he will be a better NFL QB than Locker or Bradford. No one can forsee the future, we can only play the odds and the odds are that Tebow is a just one of many college wonders that won't make it in the pros. Guys like this are nothing new.

The problem with our QB's is not that they aren't willingn to "do whatever it takes to improve". No coach, no reporter has ever hinted that JP or Trent didn't work their fannies off. The problem is, no matter how great your locker room speeches, no matter how determined you are, no matter how likeable you are, if you don't have the talent to go with all that, you are never going to be better than mediocre. Let someone else play "little engine that could" with their draft pick. Lets get a guy who has the skill and the dedication. Don't even tell me how good you think Tebow is, tell my why you think he will be a better NFL QB than Locker or Bradford. No one can forsee the future, we can only play the odds and the odds are that Tebow is a just one of many college wonders that won't make it in the pros. Guys like this are nothing new.

I remember reading about Trent's LOVE of golf. I can promise you that Tebow will be spending the spring & summer preparing to play FOOTBALL not swinging irons. Bradford has injured his shoulder twice this year, & is built like a toothpick. Locker is very green but I would take him over Bradford. Tebow is built like a MIKE LB. he can run & take a hit. As I said he has a GREAT work ethic & is a NATURAL LEADER. He has the intangibles that are spoken about in HOF speaches. Again, I don't think we need to argue about the Bills Drafting Tebow because I will bet Jax goes after him. I will also bet the South wins the Senior Bowl if Tim is at QB.

Tebow would be great as an NFL RB-WR option / wildcat QB. The NFL defenses are really not prepared to stop the option and the way Miami has used the wildcat showed this because most teams haven't been able to shut down that Miami running game / wildcat.

Mostly because teams simply don't study film on it or see it enough to prepare for it, it will work until some team comes up with a way to stop it. Anyone watch Tennessee run the option with Vince Young this last game at Houston, looked just like a college play and it worked very well.

Tim Tebow is a winner, what ever team drafts him will be a winner if they utilize him properly.

I come from a huge Gators family. Lots of family members graduated from the University and live and die by them. Many still live in Jacksonville and Gainsville. I believe that Tim Tebow is a fantastic college football player. Maybe one of the best to play at the collegiate level as far as what he does for hist team. He's a terrific athlete, he's a hustler, and a leader.

That said, he is not the second coming of Jesus Christ. Take Urban Myer away from Florida and Tebow doesn't win a Heisman OR a national championship. In fact, he probably doesn't even get drafted until round 6 or 7 ... if he gets drafted at all. Tebow is the PERFECT QB for Urban Myer's spread option offense. The offense that (was, and maybe still is) ahead of 99% of the defenses the Gators faced in Tebow's first 3 years. If you doubt that, look at how much his numbers have dropped in his 4th year -- some of that can be attributed to graduation, but I think the majority of it is that SEC defenses have caught up to Urban Meyers' offense. Add to that the masterful recruiting job that Myer and his staff do every year and you're surrounding Tebow with some of the best athletes in the country on both sides of the ball.

Take Tebow out of the spread, take the UF caliber talent away from him, and he's a mediocre QB ... if he even stays at QB. My guess would be that another coach would have converted him to a TE or FB long before he ever had time to develop as a passer. Put Tebow on, say Tennessee's squad -- a perfectly good program, and no one here on this board would even know who he is. Why? Because he'd be on the bench or playing a non glory position.

I have nothing against Tebow as a person. While I'm not an evangelical christian, I don't mind his religious fervor or his missionary work. That's great. I also think that you can't just discount Tebow's career accomplishments because he played for Urban Myer either. Certainly Tebow brought a large element of himself and his talent to those teams and helped them win 2 championships (and maybe a 3rd). Still, I think the blind fans and Tebow worshipers are kidding themselves if they don't look at the full picture. Tebow has benefited from a perfect storm -- being at the right school, playing for the right coach at the right time.

Tebow won't have Urban Meyer or his offense in the NFL. He also won't have the edge when it comes to surrounding talent in the NFL as he does in 99% of his games now. He's a leader, that will translate I believe, but the key elements of his game won't. You put Tebow on any other team and he's a mediocre player with a huge heart. Put him under center in the NFL and he's a below average QB with a short career. I doubt Tebow will be taken in the 1st round by any team UNLESS he has an absolutely mind blowing combine (and/or) pro day. Someone will take him in the 2nd or 3rd. But it won't be, and shouldn't be, Buffalo.

Tebow may not have all the tools you'd like in a QB but he is physically tough and a very good leader - QBs take a beating in the NFL especially in Buffalo- the problem is that it would be insane to take Tebow with a high first round pick but if he was around in the second round I'd take him.