Tebow

BeastMode54

He's a hell of a football player. I'm watching and he's just so smart and so freaking athletic... but I really wonder if he'd make it in the NFL. Like they just said.. he's only had 4 (four) 300 yard passing games in his entire career... ouch, I mean we have to throw the ball.

I do think it would be interesting to use him in a wildcat-like offense that passes A LOT more often then Miami does. The way the wind blows and weather gets here, think about the advantage we'd have in crappy weather with a QB that can also be a running back.... then again that's a big old hypothetical based on nothing LOL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see an NFL QB when I watch him play for whatever reason

You're asking two different questions. What makes him great in college isn't automatically going to make him great in the NFL. If you have followed his career and can't figure out what makes him one of the greatest college players to play the game....well, I can't really help you. It's everything about him, on and off the field.

The NFL is a totally different game.

You're asking two different questions. What makes him great in college isn't automatically going to make him great in the NFL. If you have followed his career and can't figure out what makes him one of the greatest college players to play the game....well, I can't really help you. It's everything about him, on and off the field.

The NFL is a totally different game.

I understand what makes him a good college QB. But I've seen a lot of college QB's with mediocre arms, and can run. Tommy Frazier comes to mind. I don't want him on the Bills

I understand what makes him a good college QB. But I've seen a lot of college QB's with mediocre arms, and can run. Tommy Frazier comes to mind. I don't want him on the Bills

Mediocre arm and can run is Tyrod Taylor. Don't want him. Tebow is a step (at least) above that in my opinion.

Kelly liking him means something to me as well.

He seems like the kind of player like Flutie, who just finds ways to win - esspecially with his legs.

Also, Jim Kelly personally endorsed him and I trust that a Hall of Fame QB could pick out a gem prospect from a dud most of the time.

Kelly also endorsed Losman and Edwards.

Tebow is the next Jamarcus Russel & Vince Young

Vince Young is actually a pretty damn good quarter back. 22-11 overall record as a starter. He's been Rookie Of The Year and most likely will be the Comeback Player Of The Year this year. JR is just terrible tho. Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Mark my words...

So then the original post should have been something along the lines of, "I don't want Tebow on the Bills." Which would have been like two dozen other posts before.

Someone explain to me how leadership skills will get the ball 20 yards down field to a barely open WR. Any scout who has seen Tebow play, knows that he is incapable of making that throw 8 times out of 10.

:thumbdown:

At his point, every time you join these threads you end up hurting your own argument. He's thrown 2 perfect passes today over 20 yards. There are SO many reasons to bring up why Tebow won't succeed in the NFL, yet you somehow manage to lose credibility every time you post.

I understand the passion aspect, and I like his fire. But having a lot of passion isn't gonna cut it in the NFL

Yeah, your right...Kind of like a Doug Flutie with height! He believes and has the physical tools and size to succeed in the NFL. Doug Flutie had that same kind of determination in college and pros and if he just had the size of Tebow he would have been even better! Yeah, Bruce Smith was a "fat young player" but became very passionate about working out and wanting to succeed and he became a hall of famer! I really totally disagree with you about the importance of passion for the game or whatever you do in life. Passion is what made Michalangelo great! and many examples exist of people with passion that went on to succeed even when lacking resources, and developed talent. I think you got it wrong here! Tebow

can be a hall of famer someday if he continues to put the passion, study, and work in his future NFL career.

:thumbdown:

At his point, every time you join these threads you end up hurting your own argument. He's thrown 2 perfect passes today over 20 yards. There are SO many reasons to bring up why Tebow won't succeed in the NFL, yet you somehow manage to lose credibility every time you post.

At the same point in time I'm starting to like your posts more and more....

Vince Young is actually a pretty damn good quarter back. 22-11 overall record as a starter. He's been Rookie Of The Year and most likely will be the Comeback Player Of The Year this year. JR is just terrible tho. Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Mark my words...

That'll be Brady, thank you very much. Not saying he deserves it or not, just saying no way the league misses an opportunity to shower another award on the dude.

the kid just wins. he wills it so and makes it happen. he has a hunger to get his offense into the endzone and accomplishes just that, often.

as far as how he'll do in the NFL or for the Bills, i see him as being able to stand in the pocket or move around and make the throw while under pressure or even in the grasp, a la Ben Rothlisberger. given our pass protection over the last few years, guys like bradford and mccoy will get KILLED back there. we need someone strong and ballsy and who never gives up on a play.

imagine this:

we actually DO end up with Shanahan and then Tebow (and a couple of Tackle prospects/FA and defensive additions too). Tebow's style and rawness as an NFL QB will dictate that we become a power run-first team while he develops. Just Shanahan's style, and one that i know many of us want to see. We unleash our running game and also have Tebow back there who, regardless of his "ratings", doesnt miss that often and is able and confident enough to get balls where they need to be, when they need to be.

im not a HUGE Tebow fanboy, but ive seen him play A LOT over his career and called him "our next Jim Kelly" a couple years ago. now, that statement is an obvious over-exaggeration, but i still stand by the point. he's a winner and a leader and knows how to General 10 other guys down the field and into the endzone.

Yeah, your right...Kind of like a Doug Flutie with height! He believes and has the physical tools and size to succeed in the NFL. Doug Flutie had that same kind of determination in college and pros and if he just had the size of Tebow he would have been even better! Yeah, Bruce Smith was a "fat young player" but became very passionate about working out and wanting to succeed and he became a hall of famer! I really totally disagree with you about the importance of passion for the game or whatever you do in life. Passion is what made Michalangelo great! and many examples exist of people with passion that went on to succeed even when lacking resources, and developed talent. I think you got it wrong here! Tebow

can be a hall of famer someday if he continues to put the passion, study, and work in his future NFL career.

agreed, especially with the Flutie comparison.

I am a Bills fan that lives near Gainesville, Florida. I have watched Tebow since he arrived from St. Augustine. Here is what he brings to a team.

1. Great leadership.

2. His will to win will lift an entire team to play better.

3. Great role model for fans and players.

4. Will never stop improving and getting better - does not quit.

5. Good arm strength and can be very accurate.

6. Sees pressure well and can avoid the sack - will make positive yards on a broken play.

7. Will sell tickets and increase the number of Bills fans. A key to staying in Buffalo.

8. A Jim Kelly clone with more power, strength and speed.

9. At Florida, he hasn't had to throw for 300 yards, because they are always leading in the game. If he had to come from behind he can do it.

10. Smart, humble and will not get in trouble.

11. Has God on his side. The Bills could really use God on their side once in a while.

12. Great athlete with incredible intangibles.

13. Very rarily stopped for loss or no gain on a running play. Incredible on third down conversions.

This guy is everything that the Bills are not right now. I take him over all other quarterbacks in the draft because he is a proven winner. The Gators will take a significant fall next year once he is gone.

Not a fan of Tebow's but I watched today's game with interest because of Kelly's comments and he threw two nice long balls. Had nice touch on the ball and it was in tight coverage. I think his NFL potential would be similar to Vince Young's but I think he has proven he is a lot better off maturity wise than Vince Young was upon entering the NFL. I would take Tebow, for that matter, I would be interested in making an offer to Urban Myer, creative offense and seems to have an eye for talent.