Tebow

BeastMode54

You manage to lose credibility every time you disregard the consensus of NFL scouts. The fact is that NFL scouts are scared to death of his throwing motion, and they agree that he is less accurate than the average college QB. Of course, it would be just like you to take 2 throws and extrapolate them out to cover an entire career. How about the hundreds of times that Tebow has thrown to a wide open receiver, but the ball is behind them? How about the times when he throws it on the wrong shoulder? You don't notice those because his receivers usually have no one within 5-10 yards of them.

The fact is that there is a consensus that Tim Tebow is not a blue-chip QB prospect. You trying to hype him as one is fairly laughable. Tebow shows almost none of the abilities that pocket passers like Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen have.

Except I've have never once....wait, let me stress that: NEVER ONCE!!!!!....said that Tebow will be a good NFL QB prospect. Yet I don't come on here and repeatedly over exaggerate the truth and flat out make up lies about what's actually going on the field just to make a point.

It's very simple, if Tebow were as bad of a passer as you try to make him out to be, he wouldn't have broken so many records in his career. His stats simply wouldn't hold up. Saying tha this receivers are 5-10 yards open is just a blatant lie, and easily shown to be so by anyone who watches the games! It's like you think nobody else can see the games....like were in 1930 and you're one of the few people who actually see the games live. Who the hell are you kidding?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain this piece - why would this bother you?

Well obviously you cannot make it in the NFL unless you smoke pot with a unregistered gun in the trunk of your car or run down a woman with your car :)

Personally I don't care if he worships God, Satan, Buddha, Allah, or joins my religion of worshiping Meagan Fox. If the kid can play I want him.

He's arguably the best college QB, and possibly college player ever, yet I don't see anything he does that's all that amazing. He's big and runs the option well, but there's rarely the option ran in the pros. He doesn't throw all that well, he's not that fast. I feel like he benefits from a great coach and surrounding team. Am I missing something here? Florida is up 24-0 and I have no idea how. I just don't see why he has been so good. Can anyone help me out? I'm not knocking him really, I just don't see it

From waching Tebow today, it worries me that he's always in shotgun formation and their offense is heavily an option-type offense. How will he do under center at recognizing defenses and when very few of the plays in the NFL are option plays?

Also, he won't be able to run so much in the pros. How will that leadership hold up when he's trying to adjust to the differences in play-calling and offenses and the speed of the pro game? Plus, he'll have a large weight of expectations on his shoulders. He's a very good player but I have a lot of doubts that he can transition to the pro game. Once the scouts run him through the combine we'll see what they think. JMO.

He's arguably the best college QB, and possibly college player ever, yet I don't see anything he does that's all that amazing. He's big and runs the option well, but there's rarely the option ran in the pros. He doesn't throw all that well, he's not that fast. I feel like he benefits from a great coach and surrounding team. Am I missing something here? Florida is up 24-0 and I have no idea how. I just don't see why he has been so good. Can anyone help me out? I'm not knocking him really, I just don't see it

Urban Meyer is big reason for success of this team plus a defense that returned all starters from last season's championship team. Tebow is good, but you hit it on the head -- he's just not going to step into the NFL and be an instant success. I could be wrong, but I see him as more like a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I should have been more clear, sorry about that.

I have NO problem with anyone being a christian, but he seems to put the faith stuff in your face much more than the average athlete. Personally, it kind of offends me, but it's not then end of the world either.

If it offends you, hit the mute button on the tv...there you go, your religious frustrations and offenses are solved!

My guess is there is going to be a sweet spot in Round 1 where the blue-chippers are gone and it makes sense to take Tebow. I don't know where that is in this draft, but how is taking a chance on Maybin any better than taking a chance on a guy like Tebow? There is more to talent evaluation than just physical skills which Tebow has plenty of.

That'll be Brady, thank you very much. Not saying he deserves it or not, just saying no way the league misses an opportunity to shower another award on the dude.

Man I forgot about Brady. I sure hope its not. I think Vince is way more deserving of it.

He seems like the kind of player like Flutie, who just finds ways to win - esspecially with his legs.

Also, Jim Kelly personally endorsed him and I trust that a Hall of Fame QB could pick out a gem prospect from a dud most of the time.

that's a crock of ****...the knock on flutie was his size, not his speed and ability to make a strong throw, which are what Tebow lacks.

Tebow is a great college athlete, but like many running college QBs, he's not going to cut it in the NFL.

Tebow is a great college athlete, but like many running college QBs, he's not going to cut it in the NFL.

He may not cut it as a QB but I hazard a guess he could find employment as a FB.

I think its all a moot point however as Jacksonville is going to do whatever they have to do to sign him.

What do you mean minus the Christian stuff? Correct me if I am wrong but Frank Reich did fine with the Bills. Faith has nothing to do with how someone plays football.

I agree, it doesn't. However, it will be good to see Tebow stop the Sunday School activities like the bible verses on the eye blacks, when he gets to the NFL.

I understand the passion aspect, and I like his fire. But having a lot of passion isn't gonna cut it in the NFL

I watched that game, too, and several others of Tebow's during the last four years. You can't help but do it if you live in Florida. When you say he doesn't look that special, I understand what you mean. You see him running several varieties of the option play and so it doesn't look like pro ball. But shovel passes aside, when he throws medium and long, he is very accurate. He has a live arm and is also good at buying time by avoiding pass rushers. He has run for 51 touchdowns in 4 years, breaking Herschell Walker's record.

He's bigger than Michael Vick and not as big as Vince Young, but he is similar in that he is hard to catch, can run the ball and sees most of the field most of the time. He may not be as shifty a runner as those two, but he is a far better passer.

Confession time: I'm not a Florida Gators fan or a Tim Tebow fan. But I have to respect his courage and skills.

He may be the best remedy for what the Bills need in a quarterback after all. Kelly may be right.

I see a whole lot of Ben Roethlisberger in Tim Tebow. I do concede that Ben Ro was a better pure passer coming out of college.

Size

Toughness

Leadership

Innate ability to keep plays alive with his feet long enough to make something positive happen

Winner

To me, it's the intangibles that make him special.

He WINS! That's all - just WINS! I'd be content with that in a QB.

So did Matt Leinhart.

This video kinda gives us a hint of the kind of "aw, shucks" showboating that we can expect from TT. He's a douche, and that would show up real quick after a few losses on a "rebuilding" Bills team. It would be real costly too. Kind of our own Jamarcus Russell (no, I don't need to be told about the difference in work ethic, I'm talking money and the annoyance of having a "aw,shucks" showboat QB that blows).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-eNg1NRQU...feature=related

What do you mean minus the Christian stuff? Correct me if I am wrong but Frank Reich did fine with the Bills. Faith has nothing to do with how someone plays football.

agreed... on bills teams alone you have great players such as frank reich, london fletcher, pete metzelars, don beebe, mark kelso, etc. thurman thomas and jim kelly both are vocal about it now, especially jimbo's wife.

you may not agree with their beliefs, but a lot of guys who are winners in this league are, and its worth noting that coaches as such seem to attract those kinds of players - see vermiel with fletcher, warner and bruce. or tony dungy for that matter and his assitant coaches - howard mudd, reich, metzelars, herm edwards,e tc..

emmitt smith, steve largent, mike singletary, kurt warner, chris carter, chris spielman, derrick brooks, shaun alexander... lets throw Turner Gill in there, just for fun too (who i think should be interviewed for the Bills HC job).

im only vocal about this because i grew up going to church with Brett Kern who is currently the punter for the Titans, and his dad is a pretty active FCA leader and i have noticed a pattern in some franchises where this attitude has resulted in winning (bucs and colts most notably).

dont see the arm

So did Matt Leinhart.

This video kinda gives us a hint of the kind of "aw, shucks" showboating that we can expect from TT. He's a douche, and that would show up real quick after a few losses on a "rebuilding" Bills team. It would be real costly too. Kind of our own Jamarcus Russell (no, I don't need to be told about the difference in work ethic, I'm talking money and the annoyance of having a "aw,shucks" showboat QB that blows).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5-eNg1NRQU...feature=related

he is NOT leinart. leinart never had any arm strength and can't take a hit.

i think tebow can definitely stand in there, take a hit and deliver the ball. remember, jimbo threw more than his share of picks. also, it be nice to ahve a qb that can sense pressure once in awhile. haven't had that since Trent part I.

he's also not jarmarcus russell because he can actually make a touch throw and fit in the short/intermediate range stuff. his biggest weakness, IMO is 1.) can he play in cold weather 2.) can he become more accurate throwing out route 3.) can he learn to stay in the pocket a little more. he has enough arm strength, and decent accuracy, he really needs some polishing on throwing quick slants and outs - really fitting the ball in a small window

Someone explain to me how leadership skills will get the ball 20 yards down field to a barely open WR. Any scout who has seen Tebow play, knows that he is incapable of making that throw 8 times out of 10.

Did you even watch the Game today? I remember the announcers saying " that was a BULLET" "that was a DART" "what a WELL THROWN pass. Tebow has a BETTER arm than some NFL QB's & a MUCH better work ethic than VY, JR & MANY other NFL QB's. He will be a 1st round pick & be a successful QB in the NFL, BANK ON IT. :)

I scanned the 4 pages of this thread and saw that no one posted this article. It's by Charles Robinson of Yahoo and was posted three days ago. He speaks with several NFL personnel guys as well as quoting Dungy, Gruden, etc on their opinions about Tim Tebow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-i...o&type=lgns

Even the experts are widely divided in their opinions of Tebow.