Good news from Ed Kilgore

How great would it be if they brought someone in before the season ended - hovering over the team like some grim reaper - discerning which 30% of the players are worth keeping and calling Modrak and Guy every morning at 6AM "Good morning! What have you done in the last 24 hours to make this team better?????"

The problem with this scenario is that you creat a CYA culture. Trust me, I've in situations like that.

How great would it be if they brought someone in before the season ended - hovering over the team like some grim reaper - discerning which 30% of the players are worth keeping and calling Modrak and Guy every morning at 6AM "Good morning! What have you done in the last 24 hours to make this team better?????"

Bill Parcells may be an overweight 67 year old man, but he scared the sh** out of people in Miami. When Wayne Huizenga hired him at the end of 2007 he observed that sad sack team for a few weeks before he fired everyone, released players, and hired his own guys.

We desperately need someone to do just this at OBD. And without Russ, Littman, or Ralph telling him anything.

Anyone who thinks Buddy Nix is going to do this is smoking crack.

Now I do have a question: If Perry is not retained after this year and he is a minority coach, are the Bills then obligated to interview another minority after having another minority HC?

Yes, they are required to interview a minority candidate before removing the "Interim" tag and hiring a permanent coach.

I have a feeling Ralph will hire Mike Holmgren to run the show. He will be President/GM and he will hire the next coaching staff and will oversee the re-shaping of the football operations.

Holmgren is a very good coach but I don't know about being GM. His success in Green Bay was with Ron Wolf as GM.

In Seattle he was given total control but then he gave up GM job becuz he was spread too thin. I think the Super Bowl year was after he gave up GM duties.

Holmgren is a very good coach but I don't know about being GM. His success in Green Bay was with Ron Wolf as GM.

In Seattle he was given total control but then he gave up GM job becuz he was spread too thin. I think the Super Bowl year was after he gave up GM duties.

Agreed. I'm not a huge Holmgren fan myself, at least not as a GM. He approved of (made the final call on?) the Jerramy Stevens pick. Back when he was in college, Stevens used a date rape drug to rape a fellow classmate (a woman who'd been a virgin beforehand). Using a first round pick on a guy like that--as the Seahawks did--was a dubious decision at best. Unsurprisingly, Stevens turned out to be a bust.

Either Holmgren knew about the rape and ignored it (bad judgment) or he didn't know (poor due diligence). Either way, I don't want someone like that being the GM of this football team. There are other, better candidates out there.

I have a feeling Ralph will hire Mike Holmgren to run the show. He will be President/GM and he will hire the next coaching staff and will oversee the re-shaping of the football operations.

problem is he did a lousy job of being a GM in Seattle...ask anyone from there.

Russ is a marketing guy and he seems well aware that he's a marketing guy. That may mean he knows the Bills need a proven winner who can turn the football side around to sell the team. It's hard to get a "football guy" to pick another "football guy" to run a team

One line of thought is that even if we we go down the road that Ralph is a money grubbing bast*rd that they team needs to be a solid position when he dies as an organization for him to get top dollar. At this point, they're a budget team in the NFL. A top rate GM and staff would help get some more dollars in the bank when the team is sold.

Jeremey... PLEASE...

RWS is NOT a 'money-grubbing' anything - if he was, this city would have lost its NFL team decades ago. The stupid freaking morons that don't comprehend that fact are so oblivious that it's smackin' them on the head with their bottle of Jack-Daniels.

Trust me - the Bills' next HC will be...

Mike Leach

People have to stop thinking that Ralph Wilson doesn't want to win. The guy has pride and didn't get to where he is by just not caring about the product he puts out. The Bills are a reflection of Ralph and would you want to have your own legacy be tarnished by having the last 10-20 years of your team being God awful be the last thing you leave on Earth.

Ralph wants to win but he has limits to how much he is willing to spend because he wants to be responsable with his team. Ralph and his inner circle hopefully get it by now (And firing DJ is a sign) they hopefully realize the answer isn't within the organization and they need a guy who knows what he is doing.

So while Ralph frustrates me sometimes (Pennywise dollar stupid on many occasions) he is still overall a good owner and wants what is best for his teams even if we might dissagree often with what he does. BUT hey Ralph hire someone who knows what he is doing hopefully you realize that TD was a one time mistake and you shouldn't let that jade you from hiring a real G<.

Jeremey... PLEASE...

RWS is NOT a 'money-grubbing' anything - if he was, this city would have lost its NFL team decades ago. The stupid freaking morons that don't comprehend that fact are so oblivious that it's smackin' them on the head with their bottle of Jack-Daniels.

I'd suggest reading more closely. That's why I said, "even if we go down that road".

Holmgren's going to move from California to f ing Buffalo, New York? When the team is one Ralph heartbeat from a top to bottom housecleaning and a likely franchise move? You have to be kidding me. This isn't fantasy football guys.

Jeremey... PLEASE...

Trust me - the Bills' next HC will be...

Mike Leach

I assume you're joking with the bolded quote. No one still actually thinks that Ralph would ever have moved from Buffalo---the only place he could make $20-40 million a year for absolutely nothing. Threre's just no way you belive this.....

.....nor can you really believe Mike Leach is a decent coach. You're just a s**T stirrer.

Nobody is this simple.

That's smart on several levels. One, unlike Donahoe, this shows that Brandon's ego isn't such that he thinks he is the end all be all for football. Secondly, he'll increase his knowledge base under this person and make himself attractive in the years to come. Finally, he ensures he keeps his job as Marketing COO and just has to relinquish football ops, leaving Guy at least twisting in the wind.

Remember, most of the personnel people will not be removed (if at all) until AFTER the draft. Too much work has been put in already for FAs and Srs/Jrs.

My guess is Brandon is just feeling dam lucky that it was not him that got the ax & is thankfull to still be employed. He pretty much do anything Wilson asks of him. Hell, at this point, he would probably be willing to give Wilson his daily sponge bath if that is what Ralph wanted.