A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. Just an overly optimistic homer who refuses to believe Jauron really is a terrible coach.

I can deal with the overly optimistic outlook. But i dont know how anyone can watch jauron week in and out and still determine that the guy is a good coach. Its like watching your gf get plowed by some dude and then turning around and saying that her cheating days are over.

Nah. Just an overly optimistic homer who refuses to believe Jauron really is a terrible coach.

Optimism is fine. C.Biscuit is not an optimist, he just defends the organization regardless and mostly by attacking other posters. Let's face it, people have a right to be down. This is the longest playoff drought in the history of the Bills franchise. They deserve criticism, and A LOT of it.

What have you got against Bryd? Jackson? Schobel?

Surround them with better talent, and you'll see what I am referring to. :thumbsup:

You just narrowed your list of studs down to the three that don't suck. So, in essence, I made my point, didn't I?

Optimism is fine. C.Biscuit is not an optimist, he just defends the organization regardless and mostly by attacking other posters. Let's face it, people have a right to be down. This is the longest playoff drought in the history of the Bills franchise. They deserve criticism, and A LOT of it.

The very definition of a homer.

He is an optimist because he continues to believe the Bills are just ready to break out and win.

And I do agree he likes to attack other posters, especially when he cannot "spin" away from the facts.

Trent actually looked pretty good in the first half. But it was something I've seem him do again and again. Come out strong and even throw a TD or two. Then that's it. No production in the 2nd half. Then when we really need something like at the end of the game down by 10, he can't even get the ball close to his reciver. Similar to the Patsie*'s game earlier this year and the Giants game 2 years ago. It's like he doesn't have the attention span to stay on is game for 3 hours. Or, he can't adjust in the 2nd half.

The bone head call of the game for me was not the penalty decline, but letting Trent doa QB sneak of 4th and a full yard coming off a concussion against a stacked line. Trent has not shown himself to be a strong sneaker.

Fred had 8 carries with a 6 yard avg. ML had 9 carries. Trent threw the ball 28 times. I don't get this. Our running game is our best thing yet me try to pass way more than run. Our QB is our weak link yet we put our eggs in that basket. Makes no sense.

I think I would have taken the penalty and hope to get lucky and actually be able to stop Tennessee on 3rd down. I knew if we got down by 10 we would be toast, and sure enough, we were.

If we're gonna run a wild buffalo play, why not just take the QB out? It's obvious he ain't gonna do anything and pretty much give the other team 11 defenders against our 10.

Trent actually looked pretty good in the first half. But it was something I've seem him do again and again. Come out strong and even throw a TD or two. Then that's it. No production in the 2nd half. Then when we really need something like at the end of the game down by 10, he can't even get the ball close to his reciver. Similar to the Patsie*'s game earlier this year and the Giants game 2 years ago. It's like he doesn't have the attention span to stay on is game for 3 hours. Or, he can't adjust in the 2nd half.

Trent, like his HC, doesn't adapt well to what the other team is doing. I've heard DJ remark that it's more important to out-execute other teams. It's hard to do that when the other team knows what you'll do before you do it.

I honestly don't believe that DJ is all that street smart, and his waffling at key moments is an indication he's not a quick thinker. Trent is very similar, and doesn't make many plays in crunch time. I see more sacks taken, holding onto the ball, and poor throws when it counts.

It's no coincidence DJ has never made a QB all that great, nor has he had an offense the worries opponents. I think that's DJ coaching scared.

C.Biscuit. Clueless fan or most clueless fan ever?

He's busy...him and Big Cat are working on their podcast together listing all the positives from the game Jauron coached today....

Sadly it takes them a week to come up with the two minutes of material.

Poz is JAG. He lacks any special quality. He's basically Whitner without the loud mouth and the huge signing bonus. You don't need 22 All Pros to win but no question he is a huge disappointment. Bad angles, missed tackles........this guy was supposed to be a special football player. He is not.

Let's not forget that the Bills traded up to draft him and stated that "they had him rated higher than Willis!" - shows a bit about their talent evaluation abilities.

1) LOL at the 1st quarter TD run by Johnson. After Denny was wiped out (and I do mean destroyed), it looked like a midget tossing contest as our 40 or so defensive backs got mowed down like blades of grass on a warm August morning.

2) Only the Bills can deflect a kick and still give up a field goal.

3) TO is a scumbag, and I officially turn my back on him as a Buffalo Bill and a person. If Ralph knew what day of the week it is, he would cut him. TO is a useless old piece of s--t. He is a washed up old c--k s----r,, and needs to get tossed out of the proud reigon of WNY.

4) I hate to say it but Levitre really did suck today in every aspect of line play. Not good.

5) When Nate Washington caught the TD in the second quarter, guess who was covering him? Please....do try to guess! Answer: Aaron Schobel, our best pass rusher, was in coverage. Go ahead and watch the replay. This is the absolute worst system I have ever seen. Never did I even think that one this bad would/could ever exist, but what di I know?

6) McCargo actually tackled a couple of humans today. I will go on youtube later and listen to "Lo and Behold" by James taylor. Not a bad idea, right? Actually I should have thought of that great song anyway.

7) The weak, small, non-aggressive Buffalo Bills football team was once again flat out finished by the 4th quarter....brought to you by Shuffleboard Levy and Dick Mauron. Then again, Whitner in the lineup would have made a difference, right? Or.....did he play?

8) Does anybody here still want to enter 2010 with Tinker Bell at LT? If so, please step up and be heard.

9) Fred Jackson is a nice player, and not because of the TD pass. He is just easy to root for at every level. So is Poz.

10) Mauron should be fired tomorrow. He is the worst head coach in NFL history. I would happily usher in Rich Kotite and I am being serious.

11) Don't quit people. We simply cannot; it isn't an option. Tomorrow I will be wearing a Bills shirt and will be proud to be a loyal part of this mess that is ours.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As usual Bill, another good after the game post. Your (2) comment was probably the most comical thing I have read in a while. It is as clear as day that when you wrote this you were very frusturated and upset, as are most of us. Every week I am ready to rip my hair out watching my favorite team lose in different ways. I am not ready to jump off the cliff yet because the Bills are still in Buffalo. However, do you really expect anything different after the last decade of non stop losing football?

The very definition of a homer.

He is an optimist because he continues to believe the Bills are just ready to break out and win.

And I do agree he likes to attack other posters, especially when he cannot "spin" away from the facts.

Easy does it, fellas. There's no need to dish.

He's busy...him and Big Cat are working on their podcast together listing all the positives from the game Jauron coached today....

Sadly it takes them a week to come up with the two minutes of material.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

I don't mind getting painted a "homer" by the non-stop-nay-sayers. Consider me slower to judge.

Dick Jauron has hereby squandered my endorsement. He might be a nice guy in all, but nobody's got the bull by the horns right now. It's a ship sailing in the fog.

Presnap penalties are KILLING this offense, but generally speaking, AVP has got to stop this cute ****. Between Lynch and Jackson, we have more than enough running power to pound our opponents into oblivion. Why we're even attempting a pass is beyond me. But for Christ sake, we've also got more WR's on our roster than any other team, AND we have two running backs who can run routes and catch balls, but we STILL never see a 5-wide set. No matter, the few times earlier this year we did run 5-wide, we ran it with success.

God forbid we ever fight fire with fire. God forbid we ever hide our weaknesses with aggression.

The whole damn place needs blown up, again.

First to go: strength and conditioning coach.

Second: Modrak and Guy.

Third: Every coach on this staff, from the position coaches, to the assistant coaches, to the "quality control" coaches, all of them, out.

Fourth: The 2009 equivalent of the Milloy, Campbell, Adams, Moulds cuts of 2006 should be: TO, Whitner, Schobel, Parrish

Fifth: Pull a New York Jets and move up to get the possible quarterback.

This team needs a new identity, nay, this team needs AN identity. These nice guys we have here now just aren't cutting it in this league.

:thumbsup:

Easy does it, fellas. There's no need to dish.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

I don't mind getting painted a "homer" by the non-stop-nay-sayers. Consider me slower to judge.

Dick Jauron has hereby squandered my endorsement. He might be a nice guy in all, but nobody's got the bull by the horns right now. It's a ship sailing in the fog.

Presnap penalties are KILLING this offense, but generally speaking, AVP has got to stop this cute ****. Between Lynch and Jackson, we have more than enough running power to pound our opponents into oblivion. Why we're even attempting a pass is beyond me. But for Christ sake, we've also got more WR's on our roster than any other team, AND we have two running backs who can run routes and catch balls, but we STILL never see a 5-wide set. No matter, the few times earlier this year we did run 5-wide, we ran it with success.

God forbid we ever fight fire with fire. God forbid we ever hide our weaknesses with aggression.

The whole damn place needs blown up, again.

First to go: strength and conditioning coach.

Second: Modrak and Guy.

Third: Every coach on this staff, from the position coaches, to the assistant coaches, to the "quality control" coaches, all of them, out.

Fourth: The 2009 equivalent of the Milloy, Campbell, Adams, Moulds cuts of 2006 should be: TO, Whitner, Schobel, Parrish

This team needs a new identity, nay, this team needs AN identity. These nice guys we have here now just aren't cutting it in this league.

:thumbsup:

My word....he's seen the light! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

My only concern now...of the draft class of 2010, there doesn't seem to be a sure fire stud QB like a Manning or even a Matt Ryan...

My word....he's seen the light! HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH!

My only concern now...of the draft class of 2010, there doesn't seem to be a sure fire stud QB like a Manning or even a Matt Ryan...

I don't care where he played, I want a quarterback who's got the metrics:

Height, weight, arm strength, speed, college starts and wins.

I want a guy who had least two consecutive winning seasons.

I want a winner.

EDIT: Jesus Christ, looking at those 2006 Stanford scores...well, it sort of goes without saying.

Don't quit? Don't quit?! Quit on what, exactly? Quit subjecting ourselves to the misery that this football team brings us each week? I wouldn't think of it. But I've stopped caring as much, that's for sure. No more getting worked up about every blown call, missed tackle, blown coverage, poor throw, turnover and penalty. Life's too short to get too invested in this crap. That's exactly what this organization is...crap.

Things have become a lot better for me after I started thinking about the season in terms of the draft. Let's face it: the 2009 Buffalo Bills don't exactly have the look of a team destined to win the upcoming Super Bowl. There's no sense in rooting for them to win meaningless games that will a) hurt us in the draft, and b) increase our coaching staff's chance of hanging on, again, with yet another 7-9 season.

Once you start rooting for this team to lose games--to help the rebuilding process along--it completely changes your perspective. Looking at the upcoming schedule, I'm nervous about the Kansas City game; but everything else seems quite losable! :thumbsup: We need to go into the 2010 draft with a top 5 pick; and into the 2010 season with a new coaching staff!

That said, I'd like to see our younger players do well, so that there will be something to build around next season. We need to see what we have or don't have in Steve Johnson; and in others like him.

The does look like ship without a rudder in a fog. There are so many blunders it's obvious coaching is HUGE problem. False start penalties and illegal formation penalties smack of bad coaching. Not going with your strengths is another.

AVP has got to stop this cute ****. Between Lynch and Jackson, we have more than enough running power to pound our opponents into oblivion. Why we're even attempting a pass is beyond me. But for Christ sake, we've also got more WR's on our roster than any other team, AND we have two running backs who can run routes and catch balls, but we STILL never see a 5-wide set. No matter, the few times earlier this year we did run 5-wide, we ran it with success.

Fred and ML had 17 carries between them. Meanwhile Trent threw 28 passes. Running the ball is our strength and should be empahisized. Fred was averaging 6 yards per carry. Feed Fred. I just don't understand why you put the game in the hands of a bad QB when you got a good running game. But I see it week after week in the NFL.

I'd keep Schobel. I'd also try to trade for or sign a FA veteran functional QB and save the draft picks for something else. When the rest of our teams shores up, we can go for a better QB. I'd like to see us pick up Chad Pennington. If we draft a QB, he'll struggle on our team like "Sanchize" and Stafford are this year. No thanks. Chad won't lose games for us as long as he can stay healthy!

I'm tired of baby sitting snot nose rookie QBs.

3) TO is a scumbag, and I officially turn my back on him as a Buffalo Bill and a person. If Ralph knew what day of the week it is, he would cut him. TO is a useless old piece of s--t. He is a washed up old c--k s----r,, and needs to get tossed out of the proud reigon of WNY.

Bill, I agree with just about everything in your post, except for point #3. I am well on record here, as thinking that the Owens signing was ridiculous. He wasn't going to make this lousy team better. Anyone who has seen him play the last two years or so, knows, he doesn't have the amazing skills anymore. That being said, his antics today was the first time all year that I was glad he was a Buffalo Bill. The Bills have fallen so far off the NFL radar, it seems, that they are never mentioned as one of the good teams in the league (cuz they are not), but they don't even really get the notoriety that they deserve for having a legit claim of being, if not the worst team in the NFL, certainly a legit bottom 4. The Bills just don't exist, they are irrelevant, to anyone who is not a Bills fan. When Owens was signed, delusional fans kept saying that Owens would make the Bills "relevant" again. He has...he has put the NFL, and NFL fans on notice that the situation in Buffalo, with this team, is about as bad as it could be. For that, I applaud him....maybe he can shame Mr Wilson into firing Dick Jauron now, rather than later. Give us who insist on suffering through this garbage something to look forward to, the rest of this season. An interim surely isn't they answer, but we already know Jauron is not. Seeing this coach, this team, make the same mistakes, week in, week out, for the last 4 years, is really suffocating the spirits of many of the Bills fan base.

BTW- I don't hate POZ, but I am not sure what you are seeing in him, that makes you think he is beyond ordinary.

Totally with you, Bill. If we don't fire him just as soon as the season ends and/or we take a DB in the draft, I'll be convinced that someone is clinically insane.

Don't you miss the good old days when we could argue about Travis Henry?

As a long time fan, I have been able to detach myself from this team emotionally this year.

Today, my only thought was that when the team left for the airport, I would have handed Jauron a bus ticket and a pink slip.

With five minutes left in the game, down by a TD, only to lose 41-17 ! It cannot get much worse. :thumbsup:

I still wear my Bills stuff, just to piss off the loser "fans". LOL