A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

Trent, like his HC, doesn't adapt well to what the other team is doing. I've heard DJ remark that it's more important to out-execute other teams. It's hard to do that when the other team knows what you'll do before you do it.

I honestly don't believe that DJ is all that street smart, and his waffling at key moments is an indication he's not a quick thinker. Trent is very similar, and doesn't make many plays in crunch time. I see more sacks taken, holding onto the ball, and poor throws when it counts.

It's no coincidence DJ has never made a QB all that great, nor has he had an offense the worries opponents. I think that's DJ coaching scared.

Yale notwithstanding, he does not appear very book smart, either. He often spouts pure gibberish and says things that are contradictory within the same exact sentance. In fact he is very much like W. Bush in many regards. Send the kid to Harvard, my advice.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9) Fred Jackson is a nice player, and not because of the TD pass. He is just easy to root for at every level. So is Poz.

Poz is easy to root for but he's no better than good.

I had time to watch the game yesterday and instead did many other things--watched the game on and off but thankfully mostly off.

I haven't given up on a Bills team this early in the season in a long time. I'll still watch but just about any other excuse will call me away from the TV on Sundays for the remainder of 2009.

Cols-Patriots game was awesome. Football on an entirely different level.

How do you give you thoughts about the game without mentioning the worst starting QB in football? He was given time to throw today, so I don't want to hear that. He is embarrassing.

Time to throw? I think not but your overall question is fair.

My thing is that scores of others will weigh in about the qb situation. We will read that Trent sucks, bring in Garcia, draft one with a top 5 pick, etc. Some will even call for the return of Losman.

My thing is that when a team is small and weak, and your 1 true pass rusher is covering wide receivers, something wrong. Something FAR to big to be fixed by a quarterback.

Think about it for just a minute if you will. Schobel, while not registering a sack, help his own in terms of pressure. I was watching intently; he was playing against a good OT and wasn't being beaten up. He even looked to me as if he gained a few pounds if anybody else noticed.

That said, he was another defensive back on many plays. There were 40 defensive backs out, and plenty to throw in. This is how we were constructed. Our OTs were bad beyond words, we had a safety at linebacker, and our best DE in the backfield covering wideouts.

Count me as one in the camp that thinks this is far too much for a qb to fix.

Count me as one in the camp that thinks this is far too much for a qb to fix.

Count me in as well. Nothing short of blowing up the entire team ... front office, coaching staff, and players and starting over with a GM who knows what the hell he is doing and is given the power to use that knowledge can save the UFL team known as the Buffalo Bills at this point.

Time to throw? I think not but your overall question is fair.

My thing is that scores of others will weigh in about the qb situation. We will read that Trent sucks, bring in Garcia, draft one with a top 5 pick, etc. Some will even call for the return of Losman.

You can forget about that one, Bill. JP is learning how to win under Jim Fassell, and in 2 years will be wearing a Jets or Dolphins uniform, no doubt haunting - and laughing at - the Bills.

Meanwhile, Trent revisits his Dakota Fanning DVD collection.

Give me a break Bill, Trent had time to throw as he has with other games. You need to accept the fact that Trent does not have the mental toughness to be a starting QB in this league. But I am not surprised by your blinders for Trent. And is if on cue, you need to bring Losman into any conversation about Trent.

Give me a break Bill, Trent had time to throw as he has with other games. You need to accept the fact that Trent does not have the mental toughness to be a starting QB in this league. But I am not surprised by your blinders for Trent. And is if on cue, you need to bring Losman into any conversation about Trent.

I no longer think that Trent is the answer. Sadly, he is probably shot. As far as time to throw, how about we politely agree to disagree?

I no longer think that Trent is the answer. Sadly, he is probably shot. As far as time to throw, how about we politely agree to disagree?

There's nothing to agree/disagree over. It's math.

I was giving him a one-one thousand count and on most plays I got to "three-one-thousand" before a pass rusher truly broke free.

He had time.

I don't care where he played, I want a quarterback who's got the metrics:

Height, weight, arm strength, speed, college starts and wins.

I want a guy who had least two consecutive winning seasons.

Sounds like Rob Johnson is your man. A draft pick is too iffy. let's try to get a vet who can play IN THE NFL.

EDIT: I looked at your link. 6TDs 5 INTs. Pretty where he's at this year. 6 TDs 7INTs so far this year. 24 TDs 25 INTs for carreer.

10) Mauron should be fired tomorrow. He is the worst head coach in NFL history. I would happily usher in Rich Kotite and I am being serious.

I don't think he is even the worse coach in Bills' history. Bullough and Rauch were worse IMO. Now if you said he was the wimpiest, I would find it hard to argue.

There's nothing to agree/disagree over. It's math.

I was giving him a one-one thousand count and on most plays I got to "three-one-thousand" before a pass rusher truly broke free.

He had time.

I wanted to time the O-Line because everyone says it sucks so bad, so I was doing the same thing & a number of times I got to "four-one-thousand".

You and me both, holmes.

Big Ben throws for a minimum 280 a week with our receivers and backs.

Do you think it is coincidental that the JP people defend this horrid OL? Our OTs are small 10th string losers, and we are going with 2 rookie guards. How is this lost amongst any Bills fan? Do you view this as a winning formula?

Look, Trent is shot and Losman sucked and always will. But, this team needs to be properly constructed for any qb to have any chance at being good. There is no mystery here; it's all quite clear.

Brother, are you really not seeing this? :(

Do you think it is coincidental that the JP people defend this horrid OL? Our OTs are small 10th string losers, and we are going with 2 rookie guards. How is this lost amongst any Bills fan? Do you view this as a winning formula?

Look, Trent is shot and Losman sucked and always will. But, this team needs to be properly constructed for any qb to have any chance at being good. There is no mystery here; it's all quite clear.

Brother, are you really not seeing this? :(

Bill -

WTF does JP Losman have anything to do with how bad Trent Edwards SUCKS OUT LOUD???? Please justify your obsession with the JP hatred, and your need to bring him into every discussion about Fanning-Fan's total suckitude.

Bill -

Kemp > Lamonica

WTF does JP Losman have anything to do with how bad Trent Edwards SUCKS OUT LOUD???? (And always did, and always will?)

Please justify your obsession with the JP hatred, and your need to bring him into every discussion about Fanning-Fan's total suckitude.

Please stop because you are too smart for this.

You thought that Losman was good. I thought that he sucked. I thought that Trent was good. You thought that he sucked. Sadly, we were both 50/50 in terms of our predictions. It would be great if one of them didn't suck. Now, the questions will always remain as to why. Was it Levy/Jauron? Were they both bound to suck? Was it the OL? How about any combinbation of those factors?

I make the assertion that they have to build this team in a different way or else every qb we ever have will get pummeled, and/or suck. Are you and I really really at odds?

Please stop because you are too smart for this.

You thought that Losman was good. I thought that he sucked. I thought that Trent was good. You thought that he sucked. Sadly, we were both 50/50 in terms of our predictions. It would be great if one of them didn't suck. Now, the questions will always remain as to why. Was it Levy/Jauron? Were they both bound to suck? Was it the OL? How about any combinbation of those factors?

I make the assertion that they have to build this team in a different way or else every qb we ever have will get pummeled, and/or suck. Are you and I really really at odds?

We're not at odds, Bill - I just wish you didn't feel the need to drag former Buffalo Bill JP Losman into almost every thread about Trent Edwards total suckitude. Fact is, Lee Evans would rather have Losman still chuckin' the ball, and I bet TO would too. Your argument is that Edwards has a bad o-line and crappy coaching. Wow, that sounds strangely familiar.

Our common ground is that we both agree Jauron's too freakin' stupid to realize Losman was the better QB and that - as long as Jauron is still HC - there is no long term solution to the QB problem.