I hope we keep Jauron

Now, I've done some pretty heavy thinking and drinking on the issue over the last few nights, and I've come to the conclusion that we need Dick Jauron to stay.

Why?

One word: We need continuity.

Remember the 1st game of the year?

We (for all intensive purposes) beat the NE.

Then the season went downhill because the air got taken out of us. It's not Dicks fault that McKelvin sucks.

If we had won that game we would probably be leading our division, and headed to the playoffs.

If we get a new head coach we will have to start all over again.

And also, the players play hard for him. Some coaches don't even have that.

So in short, KEEP THE DICK!!!!

Now, I've done some pretty heavy thinking and drinking on the issue over the last few nights, and I've come to the conclusion that we need Dick Jauron to stay.

Why?

Then the season went downhill because the air got taken out of us. It's not Dicks fault that McKelvin sucks.

If we had won that game we would probably be leading our division, and headed to the playoffs.

Yes these are all good reasons.

I would add that he already knows the Buffalo system, so there would be no learning curve.

Continuity like losing 8 straight division games between '08 and '09?

Continuity like his 0-7 record vs. New England since he's been here? Say what you want about the Bills "beating" them in September, coaching could've sealed the deal in a game the players played well enough to win.

Continuity like losing 92% of games against teams that finish that season with a winning record? (His record is 2-22, one win was against the NYJ in 2006 when they finished 10-6, and the other was vs. Wash in '07 when they finished 9-7. Great Dick.)

Continuity like zero winning seasons since 2001?

No thanks on continuity.

What we need is a real GM with some fresh eyes, who's been in the game. Like Matt Millen.

Why?

So you want to keep a guy that has less then .500 winning % lifetime. Its getting worse the more he stays not better.

I just lost my job after increasing my terrtory sales by 35% in the second year. 15% the first year. How does this happen. lol

If DJ is the coach of the Bills after this year then expect nothing more than a 7-9 season from here on out unless he opens up the play book.

Why?

In four seasons of continuity he has done nothing to make you think he is progressing towards anything resembling good football for this team, especially on offense.

This has to be one of those joke threads that people make just to get everyone fired up.

Continuity like his 0-7 record vs. New England since he's been here? Say what you want about the Bills "beating" them in September, coaching could've sealed the deal in a game the players played well enough to win.

Continuity like losing 92% of games against teams that finish that season with a winning record? (His record is 2-22, one win was against the NYJ in 2006 when they finished 10-6, and the other was vs. Wash in '07 when they finished 9-7. Great Dick.)

No thanks on continuity.

What we need is a real GM with some fresh eyes, who's been in the game. Like Matt Millen.

I was with ya...until.....you said "Like Matt Millen"

Why?

I dont understand in another thread you wanted Eric Magini as coach and now you want to keep DJ. Serious question: Do you want the Bills to loose because DJ and ManGenouis could not have a winning season unless getting touchdowns on offense would give you negative points? And they would still loose because they would try to get touchdowns and not understand why the other team is giving to them.

Previous post I wrote on another topic:

"I personally dont believe that Dick will ever (barring a few lucky games) have a winning season in football ever again as a head coach. For this reason I believe that he is the main reason why we have missed the playoffs the last 3 years. 3-4 straight years of injuries is not a coincidence it is a trend with this team and Dick is the constant. He has gone through 3 different OC's, tried out 3 QB's, botched up the RB situation, failed to sign/draft a legitimate WR when we needed one 3 years ago, failed to sign/draft actual players at DE and LB, failed in the scouting department and with the draft, horribly failed at clock/game management.

IMO the only thing he was able to be successful at is providing an above average secondary (you would think after so many DB's anyone could get it right tho), and buying additional time as a HC in the league since he should have been fired 2 years ago.

I for one am glad to lose every single game until Dick is gone. It sucks to swallow that pill now, but it will be much better in the future knowing hes not here to F*&K up this franchise."

Guest dog14787

Why?

Players like the bird man, Jairus Byrd exemplifies who we are and what the Buffalo Bills are all about, we produce some of the best DB's that ever played the game. Dick Jauron fits our profile, or our identity if you will,

I'm inclined to agree with you about our HC at this point, KEEP THE DICK!!!!

I too used to think the phrase was "all intensive purposes." It's actually for "all intents and purposes"--makes much more sense too. <_<

As for the idea of keeping Jauron, even Jauron himself thinks he should be fired. He's gone.

No thanks on continuity.

I would love to have Matt Millen here. He was just unlucky with Detroit.

Why would you want another year of having to watch offense do NOTHING. I really mean NOTHING when I say this. Do you like having to watch every game and know that in any second they can blow the game.

All you have to do is plug in Roscoe Parrish in....according to Bills fans, he is Wes Welker, Jerry Rice and Elbert Dubenion all rolled into one. Jauron is at fault for the backwards lateral in the Tennessee game, he is responsible for Flutie's fumble against Miami and the 10-year playoff drought.

Sorry, but he is responsible for taking a franchise that is MORE woeful that the Raiders to 7 wins each season. Our drafting has in general been pathetic. We overpaid Schobel, Denney and Kelsay and let go of Pat Williams, Jason Peters and Antoine Winfield- all of which would be the best players on our current roster. We continually play musical chairs at QB and head coach as if that will fix things.

Here's a quarter, go buy a clue <_<

Why?

AA for you.

Why?

Please ban this poster immediately. Judging by the tone of this post, he was one of the season ticket holders just gushing with support last night on the teleforum. My god people FOCUS.

All you have to do is plug in Roscoe Parrish in....according to Bills fans, he is Wes Welker, Jerry Rice and Elbert Dubenion all rolled into one. Jauron is at fault for the backwards lateral in the Tennessee game, he is responsible for Flutie's fumble against Miami and the 10-year playoff drought.

Sorry, but he is responsible for taking a franchise that is MORE woeful that the Raiders to 7 wins each season. Our drafting has in general been pathetic. We overpaid Schobel, Denney and Kelsay and let go of Pat Williams, Jason Peters and Antoine Winfield- all of which would be the best players on our current roster. We continually play musical chairs at QB and head coach as if that will fix things.

Here's a quarter, go buy a clue <_<

Well, I'll take that quarter and ask you this. If Parrish sucks so bad, why don't the Bills just release him? I know why....cuz they are afraid he'll go to Miami, the Jets, or New England and come back and shove it up our asses.

I mean, look around the league....when Coy Wire, Haggans, and all the other Ex Bills are out there contributing on other teams in a big way, it's not that far fetched to think Roscoe will go somewhere else and torch us.

Obviously, the Bills are afraid of that, otherwise, he'd be gone by now.

The reason I think we should keep Dick is so we don't have to go through another Coaching change the could mean another useless year of getting a new system. IMO at least if we manage to pick up two good O-Linemen and either develop TE with the rest of this year or get a good QB we'll be a winning team.

The reason I think we should keep Dick is so we don't have to go through another Coaching change the could mean another useless year of getting a new system. IMO at least if we manage to pick up two good O-Linemen and either develop TE with the rest of this year or get a good QB we'll be a winning team.

Or we can change coaches and win immediately. Like Miami did. Or like Baltimore. Or maybe we can even just switch coaches so that we would resemble a team that actually is playing the game of football. Like San Francisco did. Like the NY Jets did.

Or maybe we could just switch coaches because......OUR COACH IS A LIFETIME LOSER AT THIS PROFESSION.

Well, I'll take that quarter and ask you this. If Parrish sucks so bad, why don't the Bills just release him? I know why....cuz they are afraid he'll go to Miami, the Jets, or New England and come back and shove it up our asses.

I mean, look around the league....when Coy Wire, Haggans, and all the other Ex Bills are out there contributing on other teams in a big way, it's not that far fetched to think Roscoe will go somewhere else and torch us.

Obviously, the Bills are afraid of that, otherwise, he'd be gone by now.

Why can't he beat out Josh Reed- I'll go ahead and tell you- because Reed is a football player!

Why can't he beat out Josh Reed- I'll go ahead and tell you- because Reed is a football player!

Yeah OK. Reed is just stellar. I can't believe he's not in the pro bowl. I can't believe this team's offense still sucks so bad with a guy as talented as Josh Reed. When's the last time Reed did anything of any kind of game changing play? I mean really, here comes the "Oh he's nails on third downs" garbage, even though, all 31 other NFL teams have guys catching passes alot more often than us on third downs too. OK, well maybe not the Browns.

Josh Reed is so painfully average, it describes this team in nutshell. I have nothing against Reed. He's ok, and nothing more. Roscoe going to another team is much more scary to me than Josh Reed going to another team.

Again, if Roscoe sucks so bad, why hasn't he been released yet?

Or we can change coaches and win immediately. Like Miami did. Or like Baltimore. Or maybe we can even just switch coaches so that we would resemble a team that actually is playing the game of football. Like San Francisco did. Like the NY Jets did.

Or maybe we could just switch coaches because......OUR COACH IS A LIFETIME LOSER AT THIS PROFESSION.

Lifetime loser? What about 13-3? He is actually a Lifetime winner, who has been very unlucky with injuries and happenstance the last few years.

I think Parrish compares pretty accurately to former Sabre Max Afinogenov. Incredible speed, but no feel for the game...Spectacular plays, mixed with erratic, spastic movements...Always waiting for the proverbial "light to turn on" or their "breakout" season...Equally dazzling and confounding...Could be the most explosive player on the field/ice or could be a healthy scratch...Could be valuable in the right situation, but have no real trade value...Could win a game for you as easily as they could lose it...

Who knows the reasons why, but neither will ever be as successful and productive as they could/should be.