Jeff Fisher Could Be On The Outs In Tennessee

H2o

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...at-end-of-year/

I wouldn't mind having Fisher in Buffalo. He's had some great years in Tennessee. Do you feel it was because someone else put those teams together for him with him just having to manage them or do you think it was because he is that good of a coach? How much of the blame for this year's slide is on him?

I wouldn't mind having Fisher in Buffalo. He's had some great years in Tennessee. Do you feel it was because someone else put those teams together for him with him just having to manage them or do you think it was because he is that good of a coach? How much of the blame for this year's slide is on him?

he's a good coach who has had good GMs as well. he won't be coming to buffalo. we all know ralph isn't going big.

He is the best coach in the NFL.

That's right: better than Belichick. I said it. Why? Because he prepares and wins, AND his players love him.

I would sacrifice my left nut to have him as coach of the Bills. Thankfully, I'll never have to make that choice. It'll never, ever happen.

I love the prospect (of Fisher). Now watch Limp DJ take us to 10-6 and get coach of the year and screw everything up in an all new way.

Our team will have to make huge strides on offense and defense for us to even dream of 10-6. Have you looked at our schedule the rest of the way out? Houston, @ Tenn, @ Jax, Phins, Jets, @ KC, NE, @ Atlanta, and Indy. 7-9 is looking to be within our grasp again. :worthy:

I would like to see Fisher here, and would forget about touch down throwback as soon as he got the Bills to the playoffs.

I don't know where all this hate of Ralph and talk about him being tight with the $ comes from.

I remember all his coaching hires since Lew Sabin. Each had a reason that looked sound-- former Coach of the Year from the Rams, Former Coach of the Year from the Raiders,former Coach of the Year with the Bears, successful defensive coordinator promoted in house (two times as I recall), assistant coach from another team that looks like the real deal, a coach with the rep for being tough, a coach who is very well organized, a coach who was a "players coach".

The worst choice, on paper, was for a coach who was fired in KC, exiled to Canada and was now in the TV booth. Yet that was Relph's best hire.

As far as going after one of the former Super Bowl coaches who is now out of coaching; has any coach ever won a Super Bowl with a second team? Or even with coming back to coach his former team? These guys won their Super Bowl with good players and a front office who could find them.

I don't think Ralph is cheap as much as he sucks in picking a good coach. I think he has been just as bad in picking front office leadership. He also has lost coaches/GM's due to being autocratic rather than over $.

One thing is certain, the worst coaching choices were the midseason firings and promotions from within. The best was the midseason firing and the hiring from the TV booth.

Our team will have to make huge strides on offense and defense for us to even dream of 10-6. Have you looked at our schedule the rest of the way out? Houston, @ Tenn, @ Jax, Phins, Jets, @ KC, NE, @ Atlanta, and Indy. 7-9 is looking to be within our grasp again. :worthy:

I read your last sentence, then glanced over to see the poster... and noticed the avatar pic. Brilliant! It summed up my initial reaction perfectly as I read that.

I think he's under contract for the next 2 years at $5 million per...think the Titans owner will just eat that? I don't.

Actually it is 14 million over the course of this year and the next two and there is NO WAY IN HELL Bud Adams eats that contract. Jeff Fisher is going nowhere.

Fisher stays in Tennessee. His contract is too big for Adams to eat and Adams knows that he is a good coach. Adams will dictate more things like QB from above. The re-evaluation at the end of the season is meant as a signal to the fans that Adams is not happy about the bad record and performance the team has had. But Bud Adams is 86 years old and he probably isn't in the mood for some major shakeup at this stage of his life.

And by the way Fisher knows that Adams is not that bad of an owner to work for compared to many others. I lived in Houston when the Oilers were still there and I would say that Adams gave a lot of free reign to his coaches, even that egotistical idiot Jerry Glanville.

Absolutely.

Considering that the Titans traded away Haynesworth, lost their starting TE to free agency, and haven't really invested in themselves for a couple of seasons, their sudden collapse is really not so sudden at all.

I would not pin the financial decisions of the Titans on Fisher.

He has more often than not fielded strong, tough, competitive, WINNING teams more so than losers. His attitude, demeanor, and experience with success and coaching in a Super Bowl might make him (along with Schottenheimer) the 2 best value head coaches available this offseason- providing they do give him the axe.

I would add one caveat- Fisher would instantly improve the culture, attitude, and win-loss record of the Bills providing, PROVIDING, we get a real football GM, a new scouting staff, and a new director of pro personnel.

Losing Modrak, Guy, and Jauron, and hiring Fisher, former Tampa GM Allen, promoting Buddy Nix to head scouting, and bringing in a proven professional evaluator would turn this team around.

I like the idea of bringing in fired head coaches as coordinators. HC become HC by being the best of the best OCs/DCs. Mike Nolan in Dever via SF, Dick Lebaeu in Pitt via Cincy, Mularkey in ATL via Buffalo, and Cam Cameron in Balt via Miami. These guys are great DC/OCs who failed as HC. Dont undervalue that experience as a HC and how it can positively affect their performance as a coordinator, and help bring along a first time HC. I believe there is added value to these coaches also because it is not likely they get a second chance at a HC job in the near future - which means they will stick around for a long while. IMO we dont need a proven HC (although I would like one), a good alternative could be bringing in a firey assistant (like J.Daniels in Den) then bringing in 2 fired HCs to be OC/DC, say John Fox or Delrio or Fisher if they are fired.

Maybe a more likely scenario for Buffalo.

I like the idea of bringing in fired head coaches as coordinators. HC become HC by being the best of the best OCs/DCs. Mike Nolan in Dever via SF, Dick Lebaeu in Pitt via Cincy, Mularkey in ATL via Buffalo, and Cam Cameron in Balt via Miami. These guys are great DC/OCs who failed as HC. Dont undervalue that experience as a HC and how it can positively affect their performance as a coordinator, and help bring along a first time HC. I believe there is added value to these coaches also because it is not likely they get a second chance at a HC job in the near future - which means they will stick around for a long while. IMO we dont need a proven HC (although I would like one), a good alternative could be bringing in a firey assistant (like J.Daniels in Den) then bringing in 2 fired HCs to be OC/DC, say John Fox or Delrio or Fisher if they are fired.

Maybe a more likely scenario for Buffalo.

Wait wait wait wait wait.... let me make sure I hear you correctly. You really believe that the Bills will be able to lure a top former HC to be a coordinator here? Comeon guys can we turn the talks to somehthing realalistic here. We are not going to hire any of the following coaches:

Marty

Fisher

Cower

Shannahan

Gruden

Holmgren

Billeck

THEY ALL COST TOO MUCH! and to have the audacity to suggest we go after a top flight coordinator just shows that you have not been paying attention to how this franchise does business.

Expect there to be about 4 or 5 coordinators on everyones short list this offseason and we will get the one who nobody else hires. He will then hire coordinators that nobody has ever heard of.

Don't think Ralph will hire Fisher, but accidentally tuned in to WGR while at the drive thru yesterday and heard Sullivan saying he thinks there's a chance Ralph would bring back Marv...as coach!!!

Not a bad idea - give Marv a one-year stint to get this coaching bug out of his system once and for all, and bring in as Assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator a young guy by the name of...

Mike Leach

He is the best coach in the NFL.

That's right: better than Belichick. I said it. Why? Because he prepares and wins, AND his players love him.

I would sacrifice my left nut to have him as coach of the Bills. Thankfully, I'll never have to make that choice. It'll never, ever happen.

Belichick, are you kidding me? There is nobody in the NFL or College football that is better than Belichick and I hate the Patriots! Fisher is however, a great coach, prepares well, and is very innovative. I would rank him in the top 5 coaches in the NFL now though, but highly doubt that Ralph will hire someone that wasn't a yes man.

Don't think Ralph will hire Fisher, but accidentally tuned in to WGR while at the drive thru yesterday and heard Sullivan saying he thinks there's a chance Ralph would bring back Marv...as coach!!!

Not a bad idea - give Marv a one-year stint to get this coaching bug out of his system once and for all, and bring in as Assistant HC/Offensive Coordinator a young guy by the name of...

Mike Leach

I'll say one thing for you, you are consistent with your choice. You haven't changed your opinion or entertained the idea of someone else yet, have you? I'm not saying it's bad, it's actually refreshing. I don't agree with your choice, but the steadfast approach is nice.

IF Jeff Fisher were to be fired in Tenn, there would be a line of teams wanting to hire the guy asap

Dallas-Washington- Cleveland- Jacksonville- Carolina-Oakland for certain, these teams may already be tired of their first year experiments -Kansas City-St Louis -Tampa Bay-

Going to be an Interesting off season this year, I see at least 7 head coaching changes. The Bills won't make a change, Wilson won't pay Jauron and another coach, so it is one more year of mediocrity.

Just ask Sally Reese

Mike Leach

What about Robin Leach?

He is a proven coach and he could bring some quick success to Buffalo. I doubt he comes here unless there are also serious modifications made to the front office situation.

Hiring him will probably erase the jinx the Bills have had since Home run throwback.