Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stallions

Trivia: What do Karl Wilson, Dwight Drane & Al Edwards have in common in Bills history???

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

All busts?

 

No - -but the "busted" in special games!

 

Just now, Helpmenow said:

who is Karl Wilson 

You must be young? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three people that have never been in my kitchen.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray Finkel said:

All played in Super Bowl 25

No way

10 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

All 3 played for the Bills

Yes - -but what made them "special" ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably has something to do with the 1990 season when Drane and Edwards were on Buffalo and Wilson was on Miami.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were all born and given names.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours has elapsed and most of the guesses are jokes. Just provide the answer already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK - - all 3 were replacements for 'star' Bills in play-off games and hurt the team effort allowing the opponents to win!

 

-Al Edwards replaced Don Beebe (broken leg) in our 1st Super Bowl visit and was a non-factor with only 26 CAREER receptions !

-Dwight Drane replaced Leonard Smith (illness which led to his retirement) in our 2nd Super Bowl and couldn't cover anyone let alone tackle Redskins!

-Karl Wilson joined the Bills in 1995 and had played on 7 other NFL teams previously.  He had to replace Bruce Smith (illness) in our 1995 play-off loss to the Steelers and did zip!!

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stallions said:

OK - - all 3 were replacements for 'star' Bills in play-off games and hurt the team effort allowing the opponents to win!

 

-Al Edwards replaced Don Beebe (broken leg) in our 1st Super Bowl visit and was a non-factor with only 26 CAREER receptions !

-Dwight Drane replaced Leonard Smith (illness which led to his retirement) in our 2nd Super Bowl and couldn't cover anyone let alone tackle Redskins!

-Karl Wilson joined the Bills in 1995 and had played on 7 other NFL teams previously.  He had to replace Bruce Smith (illness) in our 1995 play-off loss to the Steelers and did zip!!

Nice downer thread

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Stallions said:

OK - - all 3 were replacements for 'star' Bills in play-off games and hurt the team effort allowing the opponents to win!

 

-Al Edwards replaced Don Beebe (broken leg) in our 1st Super Bowl visit and was a non-factor with only 26 CAREER receptions !

-Dwight Drane replaced Leonard Smith (illness which led to his retirement) in our 2nd Super Bowl and couldn't cover anyone let alone tackle Redskins!

-Karl Wilson joined the Bills in 1995 and had played on 7 other NFL teams previously.  He had to replace Bruce Smith (illness) in our 1995 play-off loss to the Steelers and did zip!!

Edwards was similar to Andre Roberts in that he was more of a return specialist than an actual WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Edwards was similar to Andre Roberts in that he was more of a return specialist than an actual WR. 

Some day STs will have specific members that aren’t bad at their supposed real positions, as made up now STs are primarily 2nd and 3rd tier players at other positions, and frankly not particularly good at STs, but teams have learned to live with mediocre STs since day one of football.  It is what it is, the weak link in every team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Some day STs will have specific members that aren’t bad at their supposed real positions, as made up now STs are primarily 2nd and 3rd tier players at other positions, and frankly not particularly good at STs, but teams have learned to live with mediocre STs since day one of football.  It is what it is, the weak link in every team.

It takes a special breed to run down field trying to make a tackle or avoid a tackle. I'm not sure an elite talent would want to risk it all playing 'teams. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It takes a special breed to run down field trying to make a tackle or avoid a tackle. I'm not sure an elite talent would want to risk it all playing 'teams. 

If the pay was high enough they sure would. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dwight Drane's most memorable Bills moment was a blown coverage that resulted in a game-winning TD for the Bills opponent.  The Buffalo News headline the next day:  "Bills Go Down the Drane".  

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It takes a special breed to run down field trying to make a tackle or avoid a tackle. I'm not sure an elite talent would want to risk it all playing 'teams. 

And then there was Tasker...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They ate 8 saltines crackers in under one minute.  I bet 95% of you on this board can't do it.  I tried twice and not even close.  You can't use water and the cracker dries up all the moisture in your mouth.  Without moisture, you can't break the cracker down or swallow.  

The best I've gotten was 5.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three men who have never been in my kitchen.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...