Jason Campbell

zow2

This guy has been so mentally frazzled this year. Similar problems as Trent but not even as accurate. Now he just gets a pick six. If he can't pull it together tonight, this could be the last time we see Campbell as a starter for a while.

This guy has been so mentally frazzled this year. Similar problems as Trent but not even as accurate. Now he just gets a pick six. If he can't pull it together tonight, this could be the last time we see Campbell as a starter for a while.

I'm not sure he ever should have been a starter.

I think he has some talent. I have no idea whether he will develop into the kind of QB that they wanted when they drafted him. I actually feel sorry for the guy given the number of offensive coordinators he has been through in college and the NFL.

The problemis they both suck. Lots of QB's have sucked through the years. We can talk concussions, bad coaching, mental problems etc, but really they just aren't good enough to win consistently. At all times in the league history, ther have been anywhere from 10 to 15 guys that are good enough, and the rest of the teams are still waiting/looking. The Bills (forget the AFL) have really only had ONE top notch QB ever. The rest of the time we have been searching.

The Skins are in termoil. Like the Bills they have an inept owner, yet the Bills still support their team mates and coaches.

Today everybody's pointing fingers from top to bottom.

If you think being a Bills fan is bad... Picture the current Redskins or any winless team.

The Skins are in termoil. Like the Bills they have an inept owner, yet the Bills still support their team mates and coaches.

If you think being a Bills fan is bad... Picture the current Redskins or any winless team.

Trust me. Being a Bills fan is bad.

For all the critisicm he takes (and it's warranted)...Snyder wants to win as badly as any hardcore Redskins fan. That's his problem. He's like a superfan that runs the team and gets too involved. They throw $100M to get the best F/A D-lineman who only plays 1/2 the snaps because he so fat and out of shape. That's a bad move. They need to get rid of Vinny Cerrato, hire a real GM and coach.... and Danny boy needs to step back and watch. I'm sure he will pay a kings ransom for Gruden, Shannahan or some other well known coach.

With Dockery and Williams protecting him, what did you expect?

They have different expectations.

Campbell has a strong arm, but is inconsistent with his accuracy, especially on deep passes. In his defense, he has suffered through just about the same mess in Washington as our QB's here in Buffalo. He's had Cooley and Moss for targets and that's about it. Not to mention going through learning 3 different playbooks in the NFL. I think the guy is a career backup, if that, once his tenure is done in DC.

The SEC, top to bottom, is the best NCAA conference. But my major issue with the conference over the past 5-6 years (more or less) has been the lack of impact QB's. Sure the defenses in the conference are huge, fast, and supremely athletic, but I always wondered if some of the "greatness" of the defenses also had something to do with the overall lack of good quarterbacking. Granted, I understand college is a different game, and a great college QB doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. But, just a snapshot of some of the recents:

BAD:

JaMarcus Russell (LSU)- one of the worst in the league

Jason Campbell (Auburn)- terrible. Thank you Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for making me look good

Brodie Croyle (Alabama)- a signature "just doesn't have it" guy

Rex Grossman (Florida)- did enough to get to a Super Bowl but never took a starter's job and excelled

David Greene (UGA)- 3-yr college starter, 3rd rd pick, never appeared in an NFL game for 4 different teams, retired

Casey Clausen (UT)- pretty good in college, has all the tools, just never amounted to anything

JURY STILL OUT:

Matthew Stafford (UGA)- made some promising starts along with to-be-expected rookie struggles

Jay Cutler (Vandy)- big arm, big stats...Leader? Winner? Has top-10 QB potential

SUCCESS STORIES:

Payton Manning (UT)- best in the game for 10 years. Makes everyone better, consistent performer and winner

Eli Manning (Ole Miss)- can argue his consistency and accuracy. Can't argue his wins, comebacks, and Super Bowl ring.

Who else is there? I must be forgetting a few...

The SEC, top to bottom, is the best NCAA conference. But my major issue with the conference over the past 5-6 years (more or less) has been the lack of impact QB's. Sure the defenses in the conference are huge, fast, and supremely athletic, but I always wondered if some of the "greatness" of the defenses also had something to do with the overall lack of good quarterbacking. Granted, I understand college is a different game, and a great college QB doesn't necessarily translate to the NFL. But, just a snapshot of some of the recents:

BAD:

JaMarcus Russell (LSU)- one of the worst in the league

Jason Campbell (Auburn)- terrible. Thank you Ronnie Brown and Cadillac for making me look good

Brodie Croyle (Alabama)- a signature "just doesn't have it" guy

Rex Grossman (Florida)- did enough to get to a Super Bowl but never took a starter's job and excelled

David Greene (UGA)- 3-yr college starter, 3rd rd pick, never appeared in an NFL game for 4 different teams, retired

Casey Clausen (UT)- pretty good in college, has all the tools, just never amounted to anything

JURY STILL OUT:

Matthew Stafford (UGA)- made some promising starts along with to-be-expected rookie struggles

Jay Cutler (Vandy)- big arm, big stats...Leader? Winner? Has top-10 QB potential

SUCCESS STORIES:

Payton Manning (UT)- best in the game for 10 years. Makes everyone better, consistent performer and winner

Eli Manning (Ole Miss)- can argue his consistency and accuracy. Can't argue his wins, comebacks, and Super Bowl ring.

Who else is there? I must be forgetting a few...

I like your observations. It's just really difficult to tell if the SEC QB failure/success rate is vastly different from any other Division 1 conference? The Big Ten has some really good QB's and some failures, so does the Pac-10. I think we just expect so much more out of SEC QB's because they are on national tv every week.

I like your observations. It's just really difficult to tell if the SEC QB failure/success rate is vastly different from any other Division 1 conference? The Big Ten has some really good QB's and some failures, so does the Pac-10. I think we just expect so much more out of SEC QB's because they are on national tv every week.

Not sure about success vs. failure...But these are the guys starting in the NFL today, by college conference. What's pretty crazy, not ONE starter from a Big 12 school. The Bucs may start rookie Josh Freeman out of Kansas State coming off the bye week, but right now it's Josh Johnson.

The breakdown:

BIG TEN:

Drew Brees (Purdue)

Tom Brady (Michigan)

Kyle Orton (Purdue)

Kerry Collins (Penn St.)

Chad Henne (Michigan)

ACC:

Matt Schaub (Virginia)

Phillip Rivers (NC State)

Matt Ryan (BC)

Matt Hassellbeck (BC) played there in Big East