So do we have a chance against Carolina?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should have destroyed the Jets with 5 regulation interceptions, we barely squeaked by in OT. The Jets gained over 300 yards on the ground on us and I would say the Panthers running backs are even better. I don't see the Bills as having much of a chance in this one.

Bills 17

Panthers 27

I don't think the Bills get 17.

Yes the panthers are just as much of a cluster !@#$ as the bills are

what he said. actually there are about 10 teams as squirreled up as the pitiful bills. the panthers are one of them along with stl, kc, nyj, car, tenn, oak, buf, det

may the worst team suck more than the bad team.

I'm still waiting to hear the status of Kyle Williams availability for this weekend. Without him our defense is in trouble, as McCargo and Spencer Johnson are both big downgrades.

The upside is if Fitzpatrick starts he gives our offense a much much much better chance than if Edwards were in there, despite what some others on this board think. Fitzpatrick in my books is a below average QB with many limitations which is why he's a backup, but below average is way better than Trent Edwards so I'll take it.

I think this game will probably be a very close one that is won in the 4th quarter. Field position will play a huge part as will penalties. If we can limit the penalties and play 2008 speacial teams I think we have a good chance at winning. Ultimately I see the Bills playing too conservative a style of offense, missing a lot of chances to take the lead (playing Dick ball) and losing by 4.

BTW there is still no line up for the Bills Panthers game due to the fact that no one knows whos starting for the Bills. Based off of betting line trends though the Bills will come in right around +3, regardless of who starts.

BTW there is still no line up for the Bills Panthers game due to the fact that no one knows whos starting for the Bills. Based off of betting line trends though the Bills will come in right around +3, regardless of who starts.

The place I go to usually doesn't set odds until Wednesday anyway. Yeah I expect the spread to be about 3 as well.

I didn't think we could beat the Jets, but we did despite many injuries. The Panthers have 2 great RB's so the run defense really needs to improve for us to have a shot. I think Fitz will start and will play better since weather shouldn't be a factor. This is the game TO and Lee will break out.

Bills 20

Carolina 16

They have to load up the box, bracket Steve Smith, and make Jake Delhomme beat them with other guys.

I fully realize how bad the Panthers are. The problem is that the Bills are worse. All I'm saying is that if the Bills give us what we have come to expect from them this year and the Panthers play consistent with their track record thus far, then I believe that the Bills lose this game.

My belief is that the Panthers have failed to demonstrate consistent play this season and play well enough to beat the very worst in the NFL. The Bills are bad and in fact very bad, but their tendency leading to three straight 7-9 records is to be mediocre in the end rather than Tampa Bay, or this years Deadskins like.

The Bills will likely lose this game on the road, but if you have to face an opponent on the road, the Panthers are the type of team you are looking for.

I didn't think we could beat the Jets, but we did despite many injuries. The Panthers have 2 great RB's so the run defense really needs to improve for us to have a shot. I think Fitz will start and will play better since weather shouldn't be a factor. This is the game TO and Lee will break out.

Bills 20

Carolina 16

I think the bad weather was actually a plus for us. It kept it a low scoring game, the kind of game where all it takes is one break to win the game. Our offense couldn't really get any worse. Theirs could and did.

I think the bad weather was actually a plus for us. It kept it a low scoring game, the kind of game where all it takes is one break to win the game. Our offense couldn't really get any worse. Theirs could and did.

True, and in Carolina, we won't have that advantage.. Steve Smith is POd, and I think he'll go off on our defense... but Delhomme could very well throw 3-4 interceptions as well. It will be a very odd game...