Basically, the entire team sucks, but ...

I just watched the game on DVR after a wonderful fall weekend, and this guy puts both the "T" in turnstile and the "F" in false start. He played very, very poorly today. This isn't to excuse anyone else (ahem, Parrish), but he appeared to be the worst Bill today. There were so many terrible Browns players that I can't honestly he was the worst player overall.

Btw, that's probably the worst NFL game I've seen in my lifetime.

I'm shocked that a guy who started playing less than 5 years ago, got about 10% of the reps in camp, and has been injured on and off is struggling. There isn't a team in the NFL that would go into a season with the guy as a backup, much less a starter.

It's just maddening that these seemingly simple details to the rest of the football world continue to elude the "braintrust" at OBD. We could have set 3 OLine positions on this team for a decade when Oher fell to us at 11. A gift from the heavens,, much the same way the Oilers built their vaunted OLine back in the day. Instead we pick Mike Mamula.

You suck, Ralph. You totally suck.

I'm shocked that a guy who started playing less than 5 years ago, got about 10% of the reps in camp, and has been injured on and off is struggling. There isn't a team in the NFL that would go into a season with the guy as a backup, much less a starter.

It's just maddening that these seemingly simple details to the rest of the football world continue to elude the "braintrust" at OBD. We could have set 3 OLine positions on this team for a decade when Oher fell to us at 11. A gift from the heavens,, much the same way the Oilers built their vaunted OLine back in the day. Instead we pick Mike Mamula.

I obviously agree with every word you say.

What's even more maddening is watching Brandon Marshall contribute to Denver's 5-0 start. The same Marshall that threw a hissy fit over his contract that put the one that Peters' supposedly threw to shame.

Yet, the Denver brain-trust was able to handle it without trading away one of their most talented players. The Bills, not so good in the player-management arena.

Remember when Polian could go toe-to-toe with a player and his agent during a contract negotiation, but resolved each dispute without hurting the product on the field?

Yeah, those were the days, when NFL professionals actually worked in Ralph's front office.

The only thing done right this year was locking up Terrence McGee to a long deal

And the drafting of Wood. In the long run, I think Wood will be the cornerstone to this OL if they can find 4 other players like him.

Adams is terrible and thought of as a huge bust.

That's up for debate, but what isn't is Bell's play. He was awful against a bad team. He had a number of blown plays, but his "ole!" move on Edwards' perfect hard play-action fake early in the third killed a big play for the Bills. He was so badly beaten that Edwards had bail out of a good play and throw it away. It was the sort of play that if Bell holds his block for more than 3/10 of a second, Edwards has a chance at a 20 yard play that gets the Bills down to the Browns' 30.

That's up for debate, but what isn't is Bell's play. He was awful against a bad team. He had a number of blown plays, but his "ole!" move on Edwards' perfect hard play-action fake early in the third killed a big play for the Bills. He was so badly beaten that Edwards had bail out of a good play and throw it away. It was the sort of play that if Bell holds his block for more than 3/10 of a second, Edwards has a chance at a 20 yard play that gets the Bills down to the Browns' 30.

Bell was bad no doubt, but Bell basically shut down the same palyer when we played them. Again, Bell was horrible but I've seen a lot worse o line play and players still make plays (Packers, Steelers). We simply don't have teh guy to elevate the entire team and haven't since Flutie was benched.

Bell was bad no doubt, but Bell basically shut down the same palyer when we played them. Again, Bell was horrible but I've seen a lot worse o line play and players still make plays (Packers, Steelers). We simply don't have teh guy to elevate the entire team and haven't since Flutie was benched.

You mean Bruce Smith and Pat Williams, right?

Be fair to Mike; I think I saw him make a play once.

I was thinking more at the QB position but those guys won't hurt either.

The sad part is we should play football the way the Fins do where your QB is just along for the ride.

They'd have to dump the Tampa-2 and play an attacking defense to make that work, not that's it's working now.

They'd have to dump the Tampa-2 and play an attacking defense to make that work, not that's it's working now.

I don't know. It's hard to criticize a defense that is down 3 MLBs, 1 corner, both safetys that just limited a team to 3 points and 2 completions. Defense is at the end of the list of problems right now.

I don't know. It's hard to criticize a defense that is down 3 MLBs, 1 corner, both safetys that just limited a team to 3 points and 2 completions. Defense is at the end of the list of problems right now.

Of course they were playing against a high-school QB today.

Take a look at the last two weeks, where they were gashed on the ground for 400 yards. To have a game manager as a QB, the defense needs to stop the running game, get off the field on 3rd downs, and turn the ball over.

The Bills defense cannot do this for four quarters. They're built too small.

Of course they were playing against a high-school QB today.

Take a look at the last two weeks, where they were gashed on the ground for 400 yards. To have a game manager as a QB, the defense needs to stop the running game, get off the field on 3rd downs, and turn the ball over.

The Bills defense cannot do this for four quarters. They're built too small.

Don't what to sidetrack the thread but the defense had a bad game and one bad quarter. If we had any type of offense, we are at worst 3-2. We have essentially lost games where our defense has given up 3 and 10 points (3 set up on another Parrish fumble).

Guys like Stroud, Williams, etc. are playing their butts off and have nothing to show for it. Our offense is cheating them.

Don't what to sidetrack the thread but the defense had a bad game and one bad quarter. If we had any type of offense, we are at worst 3-2. We have essentially lost games where our defense has given up 3 and 10 points (3 set up on another Parrish fumble).

Guys like Stroud, Williams, etc. are playing their butts off and have nothing to show for it. Our offense is cheating them.

They are what their record says they are. Either on offense or defense, the team doesn't make enough plays. There's a ton of blame to spread around.

Oddly he played pretty well in game 1 because teams didn't realize how easy he was to bull-rush. Since then, he's blocked like a WR.

Damn your Mike Mamula reference. The Philly sports radio station, once it was clear Mamula was a bust (after game 1), used to play the traditional Hallelujah music to his name and I can't ever think about him without hearing it. He stayed in Philly for 3-4 years and was a poster boy for failure every one of those years.

After reading that Blind Side book, I hope Oher is a stud. He's not perfect but he overcame a lot.

I just watched the game on DVR after a wonderful fall weekend, and this guy puts both the "T" in turnstile and the "F" in false start. He played very, very poorly today. This isn't to excuse anyone else (ahem, Parrish), but he appeared to be the worst Bill today. There were so many terrible Browns players that I can't honestly he was the worst player overall.

Btw, that's probably the worst NFL game I've seen in my lifetime.

I was yelling at him to block anybody, even one of our guys....just block somebody...

I'm shocked.

The Bills front office, led me to believe he was going to be good. :thumbsup:

And Bills fans everywhere acted like he was going to be the next Jason Peters...the same way they thought Langston Walker would do just fine at LT after his 4 game stint there last year.

Keep drinking the cool aid guys, then B word when it doesn't work out. Ralph and company are laughing all the way to the bank with the money they saved from paying for a decent LT.

I'm shocked.

The Bills front office, led me to believe he was going to be good. :thumbsup:

And Bills fans everywhere acted like he was going to be the next Jason Peters...the same way they thought Langston Walker would do just fine at LT after his 4 game stint there last year.

Keep drinking the cool aid guys, then B word when it doesn't work out. Ralph and company are laughing all the way to the bank with the money they saved from paying for a decent LT.

Let me guess, you're blaming the fans, too?

The whole offensive line sucks, if they aren't jumping off sides, they are letting people thru to the quarterback like the dam broke loose. Hangartner might be right up there with the worst free agent signings this team has had in years. He can't block, alot of his snaps hit the ground and he jumps offsides alot too. Just like I was saying before the season started, we have the worst O-Line in the NFL, and alot more people agree with me now, and there are less severely overly optimistic people on this board.

Bell, as has been previously mentioned, was a 2 year project. That is if he even would ever become anything as an OT.

They were looking to strike gold in the 7th round and the guy is so overmatched. And to think, the team pushed him off as the next great LT.

All of the concerns from knowledgeable fans about a disaster of an OL has come to fruition. They are bad and regressing, like so much of this entire franchise.

Let me guess, you're blaming the fans, too?

I'm not blaming the fans. I'm just saying don't be so quick to run guys like Peters outta town. Now people are calling for Trent's head. Something is clearly wrong with this team, and many fans want to say that it's because one player or another is at fault.

Remember, how London Fletcher was run out becuase he wasn't an attacking LB, or how Pat Williams was let go (many fans supported this) because he only played 50% of the snaps. Each an eveyr step of the way, OBD feeds us the cool-aid, and now we're bitching about the results.

The problem with the Bills is a combo of things all stemming from the front office. who the hell blows up their O-line before a make or break season? Who extends a head coach 5 games into the season. Who drafts a 240lb DE for a 4-3 scheme? Who hires a 3 O-coordinators in a row that have 0 NFL playcalling experience?

OBD does enough to sell hope, and that's about it...if you buy it early, then you must live with the results.

I'm not blaming the fans. I'm just saying don't be so quick to run guys like Peters outta town. Now people are calling for Trent's head. Something is clearly wrong with this team, and many fans want to say that it's because one player or another is at fault.

Remember, how London Fletcher was run out becuase he wasn't an attacking LB, or how Pat Williams was let go (many fans supported this) because he only played 50% of the snaps. Each an eveyr step of the way, OBD feeds us the cool-aid, and now we're bitching about the results.

The problem with the Bills is a combo of things all stemming from the front office. who the hell blows up their O-line before a make or break season? Who extends a head coach 5 games into the season. Who drafts a 240lb DE for a 4-3 scheme? Who hires a 3 O-coordinators in a row that have 0 NFL playcalling experience?

OBD does enough to sell hope, and that's about it...if you buy it early, then you must live with the results.

Ok fair enough but you are saying we are running players out of town. We don't make these decisions, just have opinions.

I agree, it's all Ralph...it seems to be only about money at this point . And if the head coach is not fired, then that will prove it.

FWIW, Gaines Adams was utterly dominated by Jason Peters today (zero tackles and zero assists). Just sayin'.

Time to get over it buddy. He didn't want to be here and the Bills were never going to pay him. And dominating a complete bust is hardly a barometer for a LT. Adams didn't have a sack or a hit on Edwards when the Bills played him either.

The problem with the Oline started when Butler went down and we decided to stay with Scott/Chambers. Because of your HARD ON for Peters, you probably didn't notice the Oline playing pretty well during the first 2 games. Butler goes down and it looks like a different Oline. The loss of Schouman hurt also because he is a solid blocker who was left in to help with pass blocking on many plays.

Now the Bills have the dynamic combo of Chambers/Scott and a TE who played WR in college trying to pass block. So if you think that Peters would make a bit of difference right now with all of the injuries then all you're trying to do is point out the fact that you were "right" about Peters.

I'll say it so you can shut up about it, YOU ARE RIGHT, PETERS IS BETTER THAN BELL. THE OLINE WOULD BE BETTER WITH PETERS AT LT! YOU ARE BRILLIANT! But Bell would still be at RT in this scenerio, so are you saying that Peters would be able to play both Right and Left Tackle? Because if he was able to do that then he would truly be worth 11 mill per.

Time to get over it buddy. He didn't want to be here and the Bills were never going to pay him. And dominating a complete bust is hardly a barometer for a LT. Adams didn't have a sack or a hit on Edwards when the Bills played him either.

The problem with the Oline started when Butler went down and we decided to stay with Scott/Chambers. Because of your HARD ON for Peters, you probably didn't notice the Oline playing pretty well during the first 2 games. Butler goes down and it looks like a different Oline. The loss of Schouman hurt also because he is a solid blocker who was left in to help with pass blocking on many plays.

Now the Bills have the dynamic combo of Chambers/Scott and a TE who played WR in college trying to pass block. So if you think that Peters would make a bit of difference right now with all of the injuries then all you're trying to do is point out the fact that you were "right" about Peters.

I'll say it so you can shut up about it, YOU ARE RIGHT, PETERS IS BETTER THAN BELL. THE OLINE WOULD BE BETTER WITH PETERS AT LT! YOU ARE BRILLIANT! But Bell would still be at RT in this scenerio, so are you saying that Peters would be able to play both Right and Left Tackle? Because if he was able to do that then he would truly be worth 11 mill per.

I think the problem people have is that the Bills didn't have a viable plan when they traded Peters. They cut Walker right before the season and replaced him with a raw and inexperienced player. Why didn't they bring in a veteran ? Did they really think that Bell was the solution? If they did, then they all need to find a new profession. But as usual, it's all about the money with Ralph. Walker is a better right tackle than Chambers. So why is Chambers here and not Walker?

We took Maybin instead since we needed another undersized DE with high motor. Blame the FO on that one

What's even more maddening is watching Brandon Marshall contribute to Denver's 5-0 start. The same Marshall that threw a hissy fit over his contract that put the one that Peters' supposedly threw to shame.

Yet, the Denver brain-trust was able to handle it without trading away one of their most talented players. The Bills, not so good in the player-management arena.

Remember when Polian could go toe-to-toe with a player and his agent during a contract negotiation, but resolved each dispute without hurting the product on the field?

Yeah, those were the days, when NFL professionals actually worked in Ralph's front office.

good post. peters was a pain in the butt, but he was a top 10 left tackle and should have been paid or at least forced to play out his contract this year while a replacement was sought.. OBD blew that one.