With all this talk of firing Dick Jauron

todd

Yes, DJ should be fired. He should have been fired at halftime. Halftime last week, that is.

Anyway, we're forgetting that the co-architect of this abortion is Russ Brandon. He's the guy that finds it acceptable to field a team with no depth. He's the guy who had no plan to replace Peters with a capable player after he was traded. !@#$ Russ Brandon.

Yeah, you think that the GM is blameless? Are you a moron, or just plan stupid?

Blameless? No. He's done his one job, which is to continue to sell tickets to moronic fans who will shell out an increasingly higher percentage of their depleting incomes for a horrid product. If anything, Brandon should be promoted. If that was even possible.

Yeah it's the marketing guy's fault. Fire him and we'll be fine.

Please.

Right, but even as a marketing guy and caring mostly about season ticket sales - he's now seeing that value collapse and he's going to have to address it.

He's hardly the GM, pal. Why don't you do some research before saying something so pointless. Everyone here knows Brandon's purpose in the front office is to sell tickets.

Nothing changes until Ralph dies. Ralph and the City got lucky when Polian was here and since he was let go, we've settled into the same mediocrity that's been team standard. Who knows what will happen to this franchise after Ralph passes, but until then, expect more of what you've seen over the past 10 years.

Guest dog14787
Yes, DJ should be fired. He should have been fired at halftime. Halftime last week, that is.

Anyway, we're forgetting that the co-architect of this abortion is Russ Brandon. He's the guy that finds it acceptable to field a team with no depth. He's the guy who had no plan to replace Peters with a capable player after he was traded. !@#$ Russ Brandon.

Russ Brandon does need to feel the wrath of Ralph along with DJ, I just hope Ralph has some wrath left in him.(maybe Jim Kelly could help convince DJ to bow out gracefully) :w00t:

Let Jim Kelly take over as intermediate GM or HC :wallbash:

Russ Brandon does need to feel the wrath of Ralph along with DJ, I just hope Ralph has some wrath left in him.(maybe Jim Kelly could help convince DJ to bow out gracefully) :w00t:

Right on! Brandon and that other guy both need to go. Bring in a coach like Cowher and rebuild a real organization.

The fans are the ones feeling Ralph's wrath

The problem isnt that our GM sucks. The problem is the HALL of Fame owner(roflmao)..He wont hire anyone to run the football team that can do the job(WIn a SuperBowl). He will meddle to much and for that no one will come. On top of that he wont pay for one either..Quit blaming the ones underneath. Until Ralph moves on, this team either Here in Buffalo or wherever it moves to is gonna SUCK!!!

Please.

Pay attention, a-hole. He WAS the marketing guy. Now he's the GM. It starts with the personnel choices made - we've had three fumbles in critical situations cost us games, and we have ZERO depth at tackle. The guys we have playing tackle wouldn't be hired by anybody else. See Walker not on a team and Chambers having cleared waivers. What does that tell you?

The Buffalo Bills are a business. If you watched the game you saw all the seats filled at the beginning of the game; therefore, the business is successful in Brandon's mind.

When all the product run for an entire year is sold, the business is successful!

When the product is sold even beefore it is made, the business is successful!

Why ever would a businessman want to make a change?

Pay attention, a-hole. He WAS the marketing guy. Now he's the GM. It starts with the personnel choices made - we've had three fumbles in critical situations cost us games, and we have ZERO depth at tackle. The guys we have playing tackle wouldn't be hired by anybody else. See Walker not on a team and Chambers having cleared waivers. What does that tell you?

Find me ONE piece of evidence that he's pulling the trigger on the personnel decisions, fugwad.

Russ Brandon's official title is Chief Operating Officer/General Manager.

Everyone reports to Russ, Russ reports to Ralph.

Having said that the guys that need to fired are Jim Overdorf, John Guy and Tom Modrak. These guys for sure are inept at their jobs and need to be fired today along with Jauron, April and Fewell.

EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE, GM, coach, whole upper half of the scouting departing, enture coaching staff, I mean only those not involved in game planning and /or talent evaluation should stay.

i think fewell has done a decent job with what he has to work with

Russ Brandon's official title is Chief Operating Officer/General Manager.

Everyone reports to Russ, Russ reports to Ralph.

Having said that the guys that need to fired are Jim Overdorf, John Guy and Tom Modrak. These guys for sure are inept at their jobs and need to be fired today along with Jauron, April and Fewell.

Since the season is a wash, replace with Kelly, Tasker and Smith to finish out the year. Bills might not win another game, but it would be fun to watch.

I have been a supporter of Jauron's and I haven't been shy about it. The time has come for him to go. This ineptitude on both sides of the ball has got to stop. There is no way to explain this loss other than coaching that would make high school teams blush. Jauron's got to go, along with the entire front office. April will be the interim coach, and if Ralph really wants to win, he'll bring in one of the top three coaches now currently available. This absolute debacle of a coaching staff has got to end. Please pass my helping of crow.

Please.

Todd is right....Russ is not the marketing guy....He is VP of Player Personnel.....He was responsible for replacing Peters with talent....not some **** that others dropped on us...

Bell can be a talent that can be groomed, if the OL has veterans to mentor him...It is too much to ask him to shoulder the responsibility.

Saying everyone reports to Russ is an obfuscation of how organizations operate. I "report" to my boss, but he doesn't make decisions for my position. He runs a department that I work in and he ensures the department runs. I make the decisions related to my job.

The buck stops with Ralph.

Why should we jettison a guy that can "sell our team" and is good at it because the football operations are sucking and have been long before he got there? Does he even have "authority" over these guys who have lasted through multiple regimes who had the same issues or do they just "report" to him about the decisions they make and really answer to Ralph?

I have been a supporter of Jauron's and I haven't been shy about it. The time has come for him to go. This ineptitude on both sides of the ball has got to stop. There is no way to explain this loss other than coaching that would make high school teams blush. Jauron's got to go, along with the entire front office. April will be the interim coach, and if Ralph really wants to win, he'll bring in one of the top three coaches now currently available. This absolute debacle of a coaching staff has got to end. Please pass my helping of crow.

Dude we all drink the kool-aid at some point. We all want to believe. Consider yourself absolved.... Unless your Russ Brandon, then you'll need to preform some good works.

Todd is right....Russ is not the marketing guy....He is VP of Player Personnel.....He was responsible for replacing Peters with talent....not some **** that others dropped on us...

Bell can be a talent that can be groomed, if the OL has veterans to mentor him...It is too much to ask him to shoulder the responsibility.

No.

The problem with this argument is that, let's assume you're right (which I don't think you are - I think it's clear that Guy and Modrak direct the personnel moves). If you're right, though, that means Ralph hired a marketing guy to direct the personnel moves. So the problem is still the owner, and will always be until he's dead. And if you're wrong and I'm right, and Brandon's main job is coordinating among the various heads of the diffuse power structure that Ralph has implemented (as well as selling tickets), then firing Brandon still won't help.

No.

The problem with this argument is that, let's assume you're right (which I don't think you are - I think it's clear that Guy and Modrak direct the personnel moves). If you're right, though, that means Ralph hired a marketing guy to direct the personnel moves. So the problem is still the owner, and will always be until he's dead. And if you're wrong and I'm right, and Brandon's main job is coordinating among the various heads of the diffuse power structure that Ralph has implemented (as well as selling tickets), then firing Brandon still won't help.

Please guys enough, visit the Buffalo Bills website and check out the front office section. It's embarrasing.

Oh please, they were playing the 31st ranked defense in the league. The players have quit playing for him (since the now infamous 4th and 1 punt call two games ago). Not only aren't they playing hard, they're now not even capable of the basic act of concentrating. How do you even know what the skill level of our players are after 3 plus years of being coached by Dick Jauron? Brandon's report card is down the road when we see what the players he's been responsible of drafting turn into as pros.

Please guys enough, visit the Buffalo Bills website and check out the front office section. It's embarrasing.

Jim Overdorf Senior Vice President of Football Administration

John Guy Vice President of Pro Personnel

Tom Modrak Vice President of College Scouting

Yes, it is embarassing. Why did Brandon hire these gu..waiiiit. Let's put the blame where it belongs.

Nothing changes until Ralph dies. Ralph and the City got lucky when Polian was here and since he was let go, we've settled into the same mediocrity that's been team standard. Who knows what will happen to this franchise after Ralph passes, but until then, expect more of what you've seen over the past 10 years.

That's right. Polian pulled off a miraculous feat. He built a really strong team while working for a miser. Once Wilson corrected his mistake by sending Bill packing, the team settled back into the same mediocrity mode that has been its reputation for more than four decades. But please don't shoot our players or coaches. They may also be victims, because they were placed in a situation where they could not succeed. Many probably would be much better at their jobs if they were in a better organization. But even if not, they were brought here for one reason: to bilk the local population out of millions of their hard-earned dollars under the illusion that this owner wanted to field a winning team.

In reality, there were just two brief periods in 50 years that the team has been among the elite in the AFL and NFL. This fact is all the proof needed to show how much Ralph cares about winning football games, or the Bills fans or the team's representation of western New York. When he plunked down $25,000 for the team in 1959, he didn't want it to be assigned to Buffalo. He took Buffalo because there wasn't anything else available that looked better (financially), not realizing that it would continue to be a depressed economic area. His only motive in buying a franchise was to make money with it, the same as his other business ventures. He's not the devil, just a businessman who has fleeced us.