If Rush was buying our Bills instead of the Rams...

major

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great point. Considering his comments in the past such as:

(to a black caller) ''Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"

and ''Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

I wonder how free agents would respond to coming to a team owned by him.

My guess is money talks and they would come, but at a premium.

You have an avatar of David Hasselhoff with puppies. How can we take anything you say seriously?

That's right, because those bumbling farmers and country bumpkins are just a bunch of blank canvases, waiting for Rush to show them the way. :doh:

Ummm...I don't think most farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

Ummm - I think it is the farmers who are actually receiving the handouts for not working. Iowa gets more in subsidies per industry and per capita then NY. - for growing corn for ethanol and for livestock feed. And yes, most of those people actually sit around their radios in their pick-up trucks listening to Rush and watching Glenn Beck on a new 52" LCD screen to get news instead of picking up a paper or reading online to get the real news and be informed.

Let's stick to football, not politics. It's only depressing....

You have an avatar of David Hasselhoff with puppies. How can we take anything you say seriously?

My apologies, I'm in the process of looking for an appropriate picture of the aftermath of Katrina.

the only way I could stomach it is if it was the only way the team was staying in Buffalo. But if I were a player and I had options I wouldn't play for him even as a white guy. Rush is a racist, or at least he plays a racist on the radio. He tries to drum up hate for others because of their skin color and stir racial fear. Even if some owners had his politics, which I doubt they'd be so extreme, they're not trying to spread bigotry among others for money.

per PFT players on other teams are saying they wouldn't play for him - Kiwanuka, Bart Scott, and, not surprisingly, McNabb

he'd certainly bring a very "high motor" brand of football

I would take Rush over Al Gore. Gore would make us buy carbon offset credits for the grills on the lots.

Spot on! :doh:

No more night games either because the power consumed by the lights will leave too big of a "carbon imprint". Oh wait, you could create a wind farm near the stadium or set up solar panels but then the lefties would complain that an endangered bird might be killed or that it's an eyesore. :lol:

GO BILLS!!!

Spot on! :unsure:

No more night games either because the power consumed by the lights will leave too big of a "carbon imprint". Oh wait, you could create a wind farm near the stadium or set up solar panels but then the lefties nimby's, that includes righties too and mostly soccer Moms, would complain that an endangered bird might be killed or that it's an eyesore. :wallbash:

GO BILLS!!!

Corrected

I despise Rush but he's just an entertainer and a huge football fan. As long as he didn't name the stadium "George W Bush" Stadium, I'd be absolutely thrilled. I bet he runs a winning organization.

While rush has a lot of money he doesn't have enough to buy a controlling steak in an nfl team and isn't likely to have any control over how the team is run. He is likely to be an 10-15% minority stockholder. If he were involved with the Bills in an ownership situation I would be upset but I would still follow and like the team.

I read this morning where current Rams players and fans were upset that Rush Limbaugh was one of the bidders for the Rams. If it was us, would you be upset?

Unfortunately I think I would be upset. I hate that fat hypocritical bastard. All politics aside, if he wasn't going to shout propaganda at the fans and basically stayed in the background (and of course had a winner), I would probably get over it.

On a more general note, I think that any individual with a bold political agenda (right or left) would be tough to stomach and wear thin if that person made it a point to use the team as a pulpit to make those statements. I hate when football gets patriotic - it's a hypocritical media play when you consider that they want the public image that they are patriotic, but would gladly lobby the government to ensure that their best interests are covered, regardless of how it would affect the country. It goes the same for me for any company that tries to identify with patriotism.

"Some current Rams players and fans are upset...." Oh Boo Hoo. Rush Limbaugh is a right wing conservative, and its' way more "popular" to be on the left these days. Who cares when it comes to owning an NFL sports franchise? Does any fan of any other team - or even players from any other team - even know enough about their current owners to know where they stand politically?? I have heard a ton of negative things said about our Bills owner Ralph Wilson. But not once have I ever heard any fan or player get upset with his views on the war or health care! :wallbash::unsure:

There's a difference between Rush and other owners. First of all, it's not necessarily politics that is the problem, it's the way he goes about pushing his politics. How many other owners give an insite to their personal political views? Or more importantly make statements in regards to them? The next difference is that a lot of owners were successful businessmen before they got NFL teams. Successful businessmen for the most part don't give a damn about most of the hot-botton issues - like abortion or healthcare - outside of how those situations affect their business.

For the record, I've been on the left ever since I made made the unforgivable mistake of voting for Bush in 2000 - it was my first time voting for Pres and I didn't know any better. that election actually made me want to study politics in college so I woul dbe mor einformed and wouldn't be involved with electing an idiot again.

Yes I love Rush. The way he speaks he speaks like an ass but he is right 99% of the time. Either way I wouldnt let politics get in the way of my Love of the Bills.

What planet do you live on? He's a convicted drug addict and most of what he says is fabricated.