If Rush was buying our Bills instead of the Rams...

major

If a horrible, extremist propagandist like Al Franken can sit in the senate than there is no question Rush Limbaugh can be an NFL owner. Anyway, if he'd keep the team in Buffalo, invest in building a winner, and get us a Super Bowl he could show up in blackface for all I care.

I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil to keep the Bills in Buffalo, that's for sure. Question is, would you accept Al Franken as the owner of the Bills? If you would then obviously you hold materialism higher than principle, which is of course your choice.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a horrible, extremist propagandist like Al Franken can sit in the senate than there is no question Rush Limbaugh can be an NFL owner. Anyway, if he'd keep the team in Buffalo, invest in building a winner, and get us a Super Bowl he could show up in blackface for all I care.
right or wrong the people of Minnesota voted Franken in, Rush has that same right but his

investment group just voted him out

Are you serious? Mayors are useless as far as bringing jobs to a city. They battle over contracts with municipal employees and the city council and make public appearances--that's pretty much it.

State government has real influence over whether companies relocate/stay. Having said that, Republican and Democratic state governments are little different as far as wasteful spending, growing the gov't. payroll and scaring off businesses.

Not to mention, you can then compare federal tax dollars in/out of states, and you realize that "blue" states pay more and get less back in federal dollars than "red" states, which pay in less but get out more.

For example, a 2005 study found for every dollar NJ citizens pay in federal taxes, they received .61 back. In comparison, for every dollar Alaska paid in, they got back $1.84. Red states suckle at teat of the federal dollar to the detriment of Blue states. They also have higher rates of divorce and teen pregnancy, but that's for another topic.

When people talk about conservative vs. liberal, there are two different aspects - economic vs. social. I am sure that almost every professional sports team owner would consider him/herself an economic conservative, but not necessarily a social conservative. The thing that angers people like Colts owner Jim Irsay or a variety of NFL players is not Limbaugh's economic views, which they most likely share, but his social conservatism.

Limbaugh's racism and sexism are well documented, and to debate whether he's simply being provocative or firmly believes everything he says is parsing.

Whether or not Limbaugh's social views are embraced by the majority of self-identified conservatives who happen to own teams is ultimately irrelevant. The NFL abhors controversy. The last thing they want is an owner to become the story.

This is probably destined from the start for PPP, but I'll give it a shot anyway ...

A couple of players are already on record saying they would never play for a Limbaugh-owned team. Now, if he were to succeed in taking control of the Rams, I don't think the players under contract would have any legal means of following through on that promise ... but it could certainly affect free-agent signings.

That fat racist sob can kiss my lilly white a#####!!!!! I hope that no professional athlete would play for that bastard, no matter the millions he and his minions would throw at him!!

:lol::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::unsure: You sir are an ass :thumbsup:

Shut out someone from my home or my business who makes racist statements and is a horrible extremist propagandist? It is my right as well in this free country we live in to do so just as much as he has rights.

I am overjoyed Checketts and others made the call to exclude him from the bid. Power to the people- I love it when good triumphs over evil.

You got that right power to the rest of us you 28 percenter!!!

Yeah, cuz farmers never take money from the government... :wallbash:

Not a hint of elitism in your declaration of farmers as the "salt of the earth" is there? Next you are going to tell us that they are the reason America is great. All us city folk are just so much chopped liver, anti-American, welfare loving commies, thats us. Of course, the fact that our taxes keep the rural states afloat while they reap the fruits of our prosperity never seems to come up in all their screeds about hand outs. Check it out, every year the more populous states pay way more in taxes than they get back in spending while the rural states, you know, the salt of the earth, heart of America states, routinely pay less than they get back. Turns out farmers just love their pork.

Conversations like this are exactly why we don't need Rush Limbaugh in the NFL let alone as our owner. The last thing we need around here is another reason to go at one another rather than, ya know, talking about football. Of course, if you want the bills to be the center of controversey every year and think that having an inveterate racist as its owner will attract free agent talent then I guess Rush is your man.

This just needed a bump. :censored:

I despise Rush but he's just an entertainer and a huge football fan. As long as he didn't name the stadium "George W Bush" Stadium, I'd be absolutely thrilled. I bet he runs a winning organization.

As long as he spends the bucks to bring in Cowher and the right free agents, etc. He can say whatever he wants. (As crazy as he is!) Is he still with Daryn Kagen (SP?)

.I am overjoyed Checketts and others made the call to exclude him from the bid. Power to the people- I love it when good triumphs over evil.

That has to be one of the most clueless statements I've ever read on this Board...Good over evil... :censored:

Give Me a break Captain America... :wallbash:

You got that right power to the rest of us you 28 percenter!!!

Just remember... A majority of Americans (52%) voted for Bush, and a majority of Germans kept Hitler in power. Sometimes the majority, silent or not (Nixon LOL) can bring the worst of conditions. The ONE thing that will never change is when good people join forces to combat something wrong, minority or majority, results CAN happen.

It also helped that the NFL is very, very smart.... unlike Major League Baseball!