If Rush was buying our Bills instead of the Rams...

major

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this morning where current Rams players and fans were upset that Rush Limbaugh was one of the bidders for the Rams. If it was us, would you be upset?

I despise Rush but he's just an entertainer and a huge football fan. As long as he didn't name the stadium "George W Bush" Stadium, I'd be absolutely thrilled. I bet he runs a winning organization.

I'd only be upset that he was allowed to make so much money duping so many poor farmers and country bumpkins into thinking they should vote Republican. But I'm betting that he'd pour real money into making whatever team he buys a WINNER, so, no, I'd be happy.

There is not a Ghost of a Chance that Rush would buy the Bills. But if they do show The Big Money, we will know that they have a lot of Bravado. They may help us fans Turn the Page and get out of this Twilight Zone of losing and may get One Little Victory and be back in the Limelight ...

I'd only be upset that he was allowed to make so much money duping so many poor farmers and country bumpkins into thinking they should vote Republican. But I'm betting that he'd pour real money into making whatever team he buys a WINNER, so, no, I'd be happy.

That's right, because those bumbling farmers and country bumpkins are just a bunch of blank canvases, waiting for Rush to show them the way. :doh:

Ummm...I don't think most farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

You strike me as the kind of elitist who assumes the salt of the earth middle American, church-going citizens are a bunch of Mayberry castoffs who couldn't find their pitchfork with a Garmin GPS navigation system. If that's your assumption, that's as ignoratnt as any ethnic or racial stereotype.

You want to see duped? Look no further than the ignoartant masses duped by our new messiah or the maliable Acorn recruits voting for their amzing leader, but who couldnt' even tell you who the VP candidate was.

You wanna see some real dumbasses?......click here:

that depends on if he's handing out Oxycontin at the gates to deaden the pain.

Now, that had me literally laughing out loud!!!

BTW, i could not care less who buys the friggen team, as long as they keep them in Buffalo. Bryan Cox ,Brett Hull, Barney Frank, Glenn Beck, the Peter Pan dude,,I don't care ..buy em and keep em in Buffalo. Well, maybe a couldn't take Roger Moore buying them

This is probably destined from the start for PPP, but I'll give it a shot anyway ...

A couple of players are already on record saying they would never play for a Limbaugh-owned team. Now, if he were to succeed in taking control of the Rams, I don't think the players under contract would have any legal means of following through on that promise ... but it could certainly affect free-agent signings.

There is not a Ghost of a Chance that Rush would buy the Bills. But if they do show The Big Money, we will know that they have a lot of Bravado. They may help us fans Turn the Page and get out of this Twilight Zone of losing and may get One Little Victory and be back in the Limelight ...

:doh:

As a right-wing hack, I cant comment, but if a hard-core left leaning guy, say the dude who owns Progressive Insurance, bought the Bills, Id be thrilled. Becuase like Rush, hes shows at least a modicum of competence in his life so far and the desire to win.

I guess Mr. Wilson showed the competence and success with his trucking business. But that was when Lyndon Johnson was President, so it no longer counts.

Good point, I am not a liberal but I detest Rush more than 98% of the people in this world. Be that as it may, I understand he is merley an entertainer and if he showed competence and willingness to become a succesful team once again then I would still support them as long as he wasn't on the sidelines like Jerry Jones.

How sad is this, that this franchise is so inept and pathethic that I would be willing to support them if the devil came in and turned them around! We are no better than the lions and raiders at this point!

This is probably destined from the start for PPP, but I'll give it a shot anyway ...

A couple of players are already on record saying they would never play for a Limbaugh-owned team. Now, if he were to succeed in taking control of the Rams, I don't think the players under contract would have any legal means of following through on that promise ... but it could certainly affect free-agent signings.

I forgot about that McNabb stuff. Maybe it would be a tougher pill to swallow. I view him as a buffoon and don't think he's even 25% genuine but I guess his schtick could be a problem. Not that being a jerkoff ever stopped people from taking money from Steinbrenner.

What does it say about me that my favorite place here in Scott's creation is the place you good people consider to be the crapper?

That took a lot of work.

That's right, because those bumbling farmers and country bumpkins are just a bunch of blank canvases, waiting for Rush to show them the way. :doh:

Ummm...I don't think most farmers are just siitting with their families, gathered 'round the old Philco in their living rooms, waiting for Rush to guide their ignorant lives. Unlike a large portion of Obama's supporter, waiting for the next handout, those farmers are actuallu busy working.

You strike me as the kind of elitist who assumes the salt of the earth middle American, church-going citizens are a bunch of Mayberry castoffs who couldn't find their pitchfork with a Garmin GPS navigation system. If that's your assumption, that's as ignoratnt as any ethnic or racial stereotype.

You want to see duped? Look no further than the ignoartant masses duped by our new messiah or the maliable Acorn recruits voting for their amzing leader, but who couldnt' even tell you who the VP candidate was.

You wanna see some real dumbasses?......click here:

WELL SAID!!!!!

that depends on if he's handing out Oxycontin at the gates to deaden the pain.

:doh:

Freakin' hysterical.

That said, an owner's political opinions are generally irrelevant to the success (or lack thereof) of the team. I hate Rush, but if he owned the Bills I'd still be a Bills fan and would still spend money on the team. You can't tell me that all the owners, players, and fans in this league agree on everything politically. Unfortunately, he'd probably be an owner in the mold of Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones who spent oodles of money but have been only moderately more successful than the Bills on the field (Dallas hasn't won a playoff game since 1996).

The only way I would like it is if they played the entire 2112 album live at homecoming. Possibly Permanent Waves. If they start with the Caress of Steel album, I'd be pissed.

I read this morning where current Rams players and fans were upset that Rush Limbaugh was one of the bidders for the Rams. If it was us, would you be upset?

Great point. Considering his comments in the past such as:

(to a black caller) ''Take that bone out of your nose and call me back"

and ''Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

I wonder how free agents would respond to coming to a team owned by him.

My guess is money talks and they would come, but at a premium.

I despise Limbaugh, but this question seems to presuppose that Wilson's and Limbaugh's politics are different. I strongly suspect that they're roughly the same. The same goes for Jim Kelly, for that matter.

"Some current Rams players and fans are upset...." Oh Boo Hoo. Rush Limbaugh is a right wing conservative, and its' way more "popular" to be on the left these days. Who cares when it comes to owning an NFL sports franchise? Does any fan of any other team - or even players from any other team - even know enough about their current owners to know where they stand politically?? I have heard a ton of negative things said about our Bills owner Ralph Wilson. But not once have I ever heard any fan or player get upset with his views on the war or health care! :lol::doh: