Tim Graham on TO

Mr. WEO

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between TO answering the same questions that Trent, Freddy, Lee, and Jauron did, is that it's TO. Everything he says (or doesn't say) is analyzed under a microscope and taken in it's most negative connotation. If it comes down to hearing TO give these lame responses or TO giving his true opinion and then have media outlets spin the thing, I'd rather hear nothing at all.

Yeah, that was what I was expecting when I was typing that. My idea of a massive press conference archive would never float.

Actually, it could ... but nfl.com is the only outlet that could put it together.

In fact, I believe that when Turk got fired, the Bills wouldn't even let any local media carry the PC live so they could have the exclusive on bb.com. (And then, IIRC, they screwed up the audio. Go figure.)

Ok, since this is turning into a media bashing thread, in watching the Trent press conference, can someone please confirm that a professional reporter just asked TE of his opinion of Peyton Manning as a QB?

Trent, did you watch Manning on MNF? Wasn't he great?

Did Chris Farley miraculously get a press pass?

... Hey, Paul McCartney, remember when you were with the Beatles? ....

Ok, since this is turning into a media bashing thread, in watching the Trent press conference, can someone please confirm that a professional reporter just asked TE of his opinion of Peyton Manning as a QB?

I listened to that bit a couple of times, trying to figure out who that was so I could mock him. And then I remembered how much I hate transcribing my own interviews, because (IMO) I sound like an idiot in most of them ... so yeah, I think I'll reserve comment on this one. :thumbsup:

The reporters weren't in his home, or intruding on his privacy. They were at the stadium covering a game, and postgame access to the players is covered in the league's media policy. One Bills player -- ONE -- refused to speak after the New England game. Ditto for Tampa Bay.

But see this is where I guess we just disagree. I don't see any reason for TO to talk to anyone after the game. If a player wants to, great. But, if they don't then great as well. Personally, I didn't notice nor care that I didn't get a TO sound bite after the first 2 games.

So I don't get the issue with that. So, he didn't speak. So what?

I do agree with DC, though, no hard feelings towards Tim.

Hilarious.

I love how the media (especially Sully) act like they are somehow sticking up for the fans. They hate the fans for the most part. (TG and JW two notable exceptions. I'd like to see Sully join this board if he is such a lover of the fans.) Next time they accuse T.O. of acting like a victim, they should take a good look in the mirror and consider their own behavior.

PTR

nah, PTR, i hate the fans, too. :sick:

oh, sorry, is this thing on?

jw

i keed, i keed. :thumbsup:

i believe the most horrible part of all this is that more and more in sports, opinions are being passed off as news and its scary.

imho thats what ruined world news, and its ugly head has been creeping into sport reporting more and more

Amen! This old fart grew up reading Jim Peters in the C-E, Carrucci and Felser. Didn't realize then how fortunate I was, just drank in every word. They were better than English teachers for savvy literature. Now, everybody thinks they're a journalistic expert, but the product overall is very weak and expectations have lowered. I enjoy this 'revolt' we're seeing here by sports fans vs. media -print AND TV. It's overdue. Just give the stats/facts and keep your petty, bogus commentary to yourself. Or you'll deal with ours -and lose reader/viewership.

Amen! This old fart grew up reading Jim Peters in the C-E, Carrucci and Felser. Didn't realize then how fortunate I was, just drank in every word. They were better than English teachers for savvy literature. Now, everybody thinks they're a journalistic expert, but the product overall is very weak and expectations have lowered. I enjoy this 'revolt' we're seeing here by sports fans vs. media -print AND TV. It's overdue. Just give the stats/facts and keep your petty, bogus commentary to yourself. Or you'll deal with ours -and lose reader/viewership.

Did Peters, Carucci, and Felser "just give the stats/facts"? Because I could swear I remember Larry using the "one of those opinionated days" tags more than once.

And FWIW, I believe that before he retired as SE of The News, Felser probably had something to do with hiring a writer named ... Tim Graham.

I disagree with Tim Graham strongly on what TO owes the media. TO is not involved well in the offense and that is certainly trying to him as it would be to any of us in that situation. TO should not be asked what is wrong with the Bills offense because he is not in charge of designing the offense or calling the plays. All he can say without throwing the coaches and TE under the bus is that he is just running the plays being called. What else could he possibly say? I think TO is trying to handle a difficult situation well and doing the best he can with it.

I wish Tim Graham could have had the same tenacity with Belicheat* during public interviews during a legitimate scandal involving a major coach as he does with TO. I never heard him try to egg Belicheat* in any way to say something controversial.

To about 90 percent of the people on this thread:

Please read the column.

I don't write about being owed anything. I don't whine. I don't need a tissue.

The column isn't even about Sunday's news conference. You might have noticed that had you read it. Do I mention it? Yes, but that's not what it's about.

If I was offended at the way Owens acted on Sunday, I would have written about it Sunday ... or Monday. I wrote a column sympathetic to Owens on Sunday night, his news conference included. I feel badly for him and for the fans who bought season tickets because he was on the team (someone brought up the point earlier that it's disingenuous of me to make that point because Evans makes more than Owens; so what? Evans didn't make people who were about to boycott the team over Jauron and three straight 7-9 seasons turn around and throw their money at the team).

Anyway, what this column is about is Owens' act when he went on "Two Live Stews," claiming to be the victim of media bullies ... at a time when the coverage was sympathetic towards him. He's already playing his role of the victim -- this time by the big, bad Buffalo media, which is laughable.

As mentioned in the Ask Tim Graham thread, on the volatile news conference scale, this rated a 6. He probably averaged an 8 in Dallas. Any Larry Quinn news conference is a healthy 7.

But everybody is all worked up because a) the entire news conference was played on ESPN, b) Owens has played the victim role so well for so long, people feel the need to jump to his defense like he's a child.

If this news conference offended you, then you would have a stroke if you saw what the average news conference is like in a major market. I was at the Donovan McNabb news conference the day the Eagles signed Michael Vick. I didn't see anybody jump in to save McNabb from the bullies.

But T.O. is so meek and helpless, people feel the need to embrace him.

Larry Quinn wants to know where you guys are after his news conferences.

Did Peters, Carucci, and Felser "just give the stats/facts"? Because I could swear I remember Larry using the "one of those opinionated days" tags more than once.

And FWIW, I believe that before he retired as SE of The News, Felser probably had something to do with hiring a writer named ... Tim Graham.

Yeah, but.. Felser prefaced it that way in his Sunday columns.The clear difference between he and his protege: he earned the right to showcase his opinions through a lengthy career of qualitative work. I, too, lament your avatar's understandable slant. Any more, the term 'journalist' takes on a comical reference, which is sad. IMO, the overdose of mediocre and Look at Me reporting -ala Sullivan- is as much a contributor to the demise of paid print as the gluttony of internet access. Most of the I-breed writers come across as hacks, with no greater insight than posters ona web page. Spend a couple days watching Jim Rome's weekly panel of 'professional writers'. I believe you'll be asking yourself how these people ever got their gig. Seems obvious to me that many -if not most- troll boards like this for their 'inspiration'. Graham's questionable entry has this reader wondering if he's about to take the leap to Sully's understudy. Just another lengthy article that includes nothing of the state of the team, debilitating injuries or efforts to improve chances of winning.

I stand by my point. There's no redeeming value in it.

Larry Quinn has news conferences? :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to take shots at you Tim, or dismiss your article (which I read), but what I see in the media is as soon as Owens says something...ANYTHING...that could remotely be taken as him calling out a teammate or coach, they're jumping all over him.

Case in point...after the week 1 loss at New England*, he said in a Wednesday PC (and I'm paraphrasing) that Trent Edwards needs to survey the coverage and take shots down the field, etc. It wasn't said in a rant, just matter-of-factly in response to a seemingly legit question. On SportsCenter the next morning, I saw Mark Schlereth giving Owens the business and talking about how he's already opening his mouth and dividing the team. Huh??? It was as if Schlereth was just waiting for that moment and had his speech prepared. To me, that's jumping the gun.

I know not everyone is doing this and as I said earlier, I understand the message your article was sending. I just think there's enough media types out there trying to goad these athletes - not maliciously, but to create a story. I have a feeling Alex Rodriguez understands this, as well.

i always enjoy your input Tim.

can you answer a few points i make on your post:

Please read the column.

quoting your blog:"We wouldn't have cared what answers Owens gave as long as they were thoughtful and didn't waste our time. Instead, he dared us to write about his petulance."

The column isn't even about Sunday's news conference. You might have noticed that had you read it. Do I mention it? Yes, but that's not what it's about.

I read the article more than once, and imho it appears you are making your opinion on T.O. the interview rather than T.O. the person or football player.

If I was offended at the way Owens acted on Sunday, I would have written about it Sunday ... or Monday. I wrote a column sympathetic to Owens on Sunday night, his news conference included. I feel badly for him and for the fans who bought season tickets because he was on the team (someone brought up the point earlier that it's disingenuous of me to make that point because Evans makes more than Owens; so what? Evans didn't make people who were about to boycott the team over Jauron and three straight 7-9 seasons turn around and throw their money at the team).

this team would have sold close to the same number of season tickets with or without T.O. as the number of season tickets the bills have sold have increased every season for the last bunch of years. now jersey sales and such are a whole other story

Anyway, what this column is about is Owens' act when he went on "Two Live Stews," claiming to be the victim of media bullies ... at a time when the coverage was sympathetic towards him. He's already playing his role of the victim -- this time by the big, bad Buffalo media, which is laughable.

so when he answers a question and a reporter comments on his answer by stating "well, you could have said no" isn't an indication of digging at the guy?

As mentioned in the Ask Tim Graham thread, on the volatile news conference scale, this rated a 6. He probably averaged an 8 in Dallas. Any Larry Quinn news conference is a healthy 7.

But everybody is all worked up because a) the entire news conference was played on ESPN, b) Owens has played the victim role so well for so long, people feel the need to jump to his defense like he's a child.

i can't say i ever recall him playing the victim role. the guy just goes to the beat of his own drum, and in the PAST has not cared who it affected, maybe he has changed like RANDY MOSS did, maybe not

If this news conference offended you, then you would have a stroke if you saw what the average news conference is like in a major market. I was at the Donovan McNabb news conference the day the Eagles signed Michael Vick. I didn't see anybody jump in to save McNabb from the bullies.

personally i could care less about mcnabb's situtation in philly, as i dont follow the iggles and this is probably most bills fans feelings

i dont agree here. the media didnt like the answers he gave, waste of time or not it comes with the territory. how many times has favre or bellicheat done the same thing and are not called out for it

Larry Quinn is pure evil.........as it pertains to buffalo hockey management:rolleyes:

There aren't many athletes in sports that get their character slandered every single morning on national television (see Skip Bayless on First Take every day). In fact, I can't think of any others still playing.

I can't blame TO for feeling like a victim. Hating on him seems to be part of ESPN's business plan.

Guest dog14787
There aren't many athletes in sports that get their character slandered every single morning on national television (see Skip Bayless on First Take every day). In fact, I can't think of any others still playing.

I can't blame TO for feeling like a victim. Hating on him seems to be part of ESPN's business plan.

Under the circumstances. T.O. has really done a good job so far this season maintaining his composure.

T.O. also seems to have genuine concern for his Buffalo Bills football team.

For the first time in his life T.O. seems more focused on the well being of his fellow teammates and the team as a whole than about himself and I hope by some miracle T.O. gets rewarded for his efforts.

T.O. has really done a good job so far this season maintaining his composure under the circumstances.

T.O. also seems to have genuine concern for his Buffalo Bills football team.

For the first time in his life T.O. seems more focused on the well being of his fellow teammates and the team as a whole than about himself and I hope by some miracle T.O. gets rewarded for his efforts.

I would say that out of those three, only one is probably correct.

Please read the column.

Tim, thanks for posting to this thread.

I think I mentioned earlier in this thread or in a different one, can't remember, Evans says so many more controversial bites about the team and you never hear anything about those comments. But you can see how careful TO is trying to be with every word he says, it has to be nearly impossible for him to give an interview. If he's not careful, he is torn apart by the media.

If you put Evans' words in TO's mouth, they would be plastered all over the newspaper, internet, all over TV, it would be ridiculous with what would be said about him. Isn't this the media trying to create the story? I can't blame him for being vague and unresponsive to many questions.

Please read the column.

Actually you and other 'media' are whining. I read your article and watched the replay of that press conference and TO is 100% correct in his assessment -- you (and other media) are trying to goat him. You claim to be looking for his "opinion" of why his streak of receptions came to an end? That is plain rubbish. You are looking for that juicy quote to stir up some controversy and pad your image as a great reporter/blogger that gets the scoop, justify your position with ESPN, sell newspapers or whatever. Just what would have been an acceptable answer to your question on his streak?? What insightful opinions were you looking for? Do you think he is going to recite the plays called and their assignments? Do you think he is going to give you their detailed gameplan? Are you looking for some detailed review of NOLAs coverage schemes? Would you have been happy if he said "Well Trent had to take what was given to him and, unfortunately, my number wasn't called." Hell no -- you wouldn't print any of that because it doesn't have a wide enough appeal for your story. You (and others) are simply looking for something along the lines of "The plays called sucked" or "Trent sucks" or "The Offensive Line sucks." When TO doesn't oblige -- you and others have to make this a story of how TO has it out for the media. Because TO has to have it out for somebody.. right?

There was/is no media that is sympathetic to TO. The folks at your laughable outfit ESPN have been non-stop TO bashing since Buffalo signed him (and long before that). Mark Schlereth never says a positive thing about him. Same for other analysts like T.Jackson or Mortensen. ESPN first take has ran headlines every day since TO signing about "how long till this blows up in buffalo?" and now their headlines are "TO blows up in buffalo." Skip Bayless calls him "Team Obliterator." Sports writers from the San Fran media to Philadelphia write countless stories that basically say "We told you so.. same old TO."

As for the local media -- TO doesn't care about the Buffalo News, WGR or any other local hack. He goes home, turns on ESPN or other national outlets on his satellite and is reacting to them. Don't fool yourself to thinking the local media is the ire of TO's attention.

Thanks for your feedback, Emmitt. It's "goad," not "goat."

But you're way off in trying to find our ulterior motives and your concepts of how journalism works. We can't get a scoop in a news conference. It's impossible, by definition. There are dozens of news outlets in the room. Whatever he says, everybody gets to use. There is no exclusive.

As I explained before, this news conference barely rates in terms of hostility. If you think we were being bullies, then you should see us in front of somebody like Jerry Jones, Michael Vick, Joe Torre, Ozzie Guillen, Alex Rodriguez, Kobe Bryant ...

You know those Coors Light commercials where snippets of a coach's news conference are used? You think those were polite exchanges? Those are all born of heated interview sessions. They happen all the time.

This is a classic case of fans not wanting to see how the sausage is made.

If you're a Bills fans, you're aghast because this is the first time you've been exposed to anything like this.

Believe me, there's much worse on a weekly basis.

Actually you and other 'media' are whining. I read your article and watched the replay of that press conference and TO is 100% correct in his assessment -- you (and other media) are trying to goat him. You claim to be looking for his "opinion" of why his streak of receptions came to an end? That is plain rubbish. You are looking for that juicy quote to stir up some controversy and pad your image as a great reporter/blogger that gets the scoop, justify your position with ESPN, sell newspapers or whatever. Just what would have been an acceptable answer to your question on his streak?? What insightful opinions were you looking for? Do you think he is going to recite the plays called and their assignments? Do you think he is going to give you their detailed gameplan? Are you looking for some detailed review of NOLAs coverage schemes? Would you have been happy if he said "Well Trent had to take what was given to him and, unfortunately, my number wasn't called." Hell no -- you wouldn't print any of that because it doesn't have a wide enough appeal for your story. You (and others) are simply looking for something along the lines of "The plays called sucked" or "Trent sucks" or "The Offensive Line sucks." When TO doesn't oblige -- you and others have to make this a story of how TO has it out for the media. Because TO has to have it out for somebody.. right?

There was/is no media that is sympathetic to TO. The folks at your laughable outfit ESPN have been non-stop TO bashing since Buffalo signed him (and long before that). Mark Schlereth never says a positive thing about him. Same for other analysts like T.Jackson or Mortensen. ESPN first take has ran headlines every day since TO signing about "how long till this blows up in buffalo?" and now their headlines are "TO blows up in buffalo." Skip Bayless calls him "Team Obliterator." Sports writers from the San Fran media to Philadelphia write countless stories that basically say "We told you so.. same old TO."

As for the local media -- TO doesn't care about the Buffalo News, WGR or any other local hack. He goes home, turns on ESPN or other national outlets on his satellite and is reacting to them. Don't fool yourself to thinking the local media is the ire of TO's attention.

Guest dog14787
I would say that out of those three, only one is probably correct.

If T.O. wasn't genuinely concerned about the team somebody would have been thrown under the bus by now don't you think.

Especially when blowing up and throwing a hissy fit is to be expected , at Trent, or at the coaching staff, and who could even blame him, but it hasn't happened.

It hasn't happened because T.O. knows it serves no purpose. Unity is the one thing the Buffalo Bills have right now to help carry them forward, take that away and the Bills are done.

not true.......bickering bills ring a bell?

Please.

Bickering Bills is minor league compared to Terrell Owens. Ask somebody in Cleveland about the Bickering Bills. They'll want to know which two Williams you're talking about and what their quarrel is.

If T.O. wasn't genuinely concerned about the team somebody would have been thrown under the bus by now don't you think.

Especially when blowing up and throwing a hissy fit is to be expected , at Trent, or at the coaching staff, and who could even blame him, but it hasn't happened.

It hasn't happened because T.O. knows it serves no purpose. Unity is the one thing the Buffalo Bills have right now to help carry them forward, take that away and the Bills are done.

And where do you get your reasoning that TO has a genuine concern for "his Buffalo Bills football team?"

TO is probably the most competitive guy on that roster and the only obvious things about this season (so far) has been that he's kept his composure through the madness that's ensued. The only thing that TO cares about right now is to shed the label that he's a locker room cancer, so that he can join a real team next year.

Please.

Bickering Bills is minor league compared to Terrell Owens. Ask somebody in Cleveland about the Bickering Bills. They'll want to know which two Williams you're talking about and what their quarrel is.

I always felt "Bickering Bills" was kind-of overblown.

Really, though...TO gets the coverage he gets because 1) he's a drama queen, and 2) the media loves controversy. Anyone who holds either TO or the media solely responsibly is missing the very real co-dependence betwen TO and the media that exists at this point.

And the fans, for that matter. In all this talk about TO looking for attention, and the media looking for a TO-blowup to write about, no one's yet taken notice of the fact that the fans are eating up the controversy about...what, exactly? A controversy about there not being enough of a controversy over a usually controversial player? :rolleyes:

Thanks for your feedback, Emmitt. It's "goad," not "goat."

But you're way off in trying to find our ulterior motives and your concepts of how journalism works. We can't get a scoop in a news conference. It's impossible, by definition. There are dozens of news outlets in the room. Whatever he says, everybody gets to use. There is no exclusive.

As I explained before, this news conference barely rates in terms of hostility. If you think we were being bullies, then you should see us in front of somebody like Jerry Jones, Michael Vick, Joe Torre, Ozzie Guillen, Alex Rodriguez, Kobe Bryant ...

You know those Coors Light commercials where snippets of a coach's news conference are used? You think those were polite exchanges? Those are all born of heated interview sessions. They happen all the time.

This is a classic case of fans not wanting to see how the sausage is made.

If you're a Bills fans, you're aghast because this is the first time you've been exposed to anything like this.

Believe me, there's much worse on a weekly basis.

Tim, I live in NYC, and read the papers here pretty closely (particularly the Times). I also occasionally will catch snippets of talk radio on a rare day off. I don't think any of what I hear or read is more critical than what Jerry Sullivan writes or says on a weekly basis in the News and on WGR. WGR seems just as harsh as WIP or the FAN when it comes to the Bills too. There might be more sharks circling in Chicago and and Philly at any random news conference, but the critical tone that ends up surfacing and reaching the largest audience (Sullivan's articles are almost always the most viewed on the News' website) when this stuff enters general circulation strikes me as about the same in Boston, Buffalo, and Philly. There may be more negative voices in the larger media markets, but the percentage of negative voices is about the same. And even the so-called neutral voices aren't that favorably inclined -- check out Allen Wilson's chats and you'll see what I mean.

Did you ever speak with Mularkey or Donohoe about the Buffalo media? If memory serves, Donohoe thought it was unbelievably negative compared to Pittsburgh. I'm guessing he's still shocked at the stupid hubbub that ensued when he said 'save your postage.'

It's not about the local media though. No matter who is asking the questions, it's going to get to the national media and he knows that. I'm sure he doesn't care that it is Jerry Sullivan asking the question. He's anticipating what some ESPN or another national personality will do when they get their hands on that quote.

I'm always joking about it when watching games, but I think it is 100% accurate. No matter what Owens does, someone will twist it and use it against him. It seems clear that he wants to change his image, unfortunately he came to this realization about 5 years too late.

Guest dog14787
Please.

I was wondering about one comment you made Tim if you have a moment:

The brassy New York Jets benched receiver David Clowney on Sunday for a tweet that reflected poorly on the team. Owens, meanwhile, is tweeting like a trash-talking canary.

Is there a twitter in particular you are referring to because I monitor T.O.'s twitters and I'm not sure I have seen anything reflecting poorly on the team or considered trash talking.

I suppose trash talking carries a broad interpretation, but I was curious if there was something in particular that caught your attention. (I don't read them all)

The brassy New York Jets benched receiver David Clowney on Sunday for a tweet that reflected poorly on the team. Owens, meanwhile, is tweeting like a trash-talking canary.

Is there a twitter in particular you are referring to because I monitor T.O.'s twitters and I'm not sure I have seen anything reflecting poorly on the team or considered trash talking.

I suppose trash talking carries a broad interpretation, but I was curious if there was something in particular that caught your attention.

What Owens tweeted repeatedly about Rodney Harrison's suspension I certainly consider trash talking.

I suppose trash talking carries a broad interpretation, but I was curious if there was something in particular that caught your attention. (I don't read them all)

yeah, when you call a cheater a cheater(rodney harrison), it's not trash talking...... it's telling the truth

Guest dog14787
What Owens tweeted repeatedly about Rodney Harrison's suspension I certainly consider trash talking.

Thanks

yeah, when you call a cheater a cheater(rodney harrison), it's not trash talking...... it's telling the truth

That doesn't mean it's a good idea to attack a network broadcaster.

If Owens is trying to turn a new leaf and everybody thinks the way he handled himself with the Buffalo media after the game was admirable, then you don't slap him on the back and congratulate him for talking smack 15 minutes later on twitter.

Which is it? Are you proud of him for staying composed, or do you love it that he's going after a broadcaster who doesn't play the game anymore?

Avoid the drama, or court the drama?

If Owens is trying to turn a new leaf and everybody thinks the way he handled himself with the Buffalo media after the game was admirable, then you don't slap him on the back and congratulate him for talking smack 15 minutes later on twitter.

Which is it? Are you proud of him for staying composed, or do you love it that he's going after a broadcaster who doesn't play the game anymore?

I think because its Rodney Harrison, whom everyone on this board hates, people are okay with it.

i dont get it tim.

how did T.O. "attack" harrison.

harrison called him a clown and said T.O is more concerned with his own stats than the team's success.

T.O. refreshed the FACT that harrison was suspended for cheating.

so because harrison is retired now and does a football show he should be able to say what he wants about anything, but not have anything said in return? and if harrison did still play, would that matter? espically if it's T.O. making the comments?

as i'm sure you remember, jim(chris) everett actually attacked jim rome for spouting off and there were alot of people happy(although that may be a strong word) about that.

not trying to argue your point, just showing the double standard

Guest dog14787

With all due respect addressing the media is one thing, but a twitter has more of a personal ring to it don't you think, and although we like to do it, I'm not so sure pulling twitters out of context is any more fair than it would be to quote one comment from an interview without knowing what proceeded and followed the comment.

I realize that's not what you did, but instead you called him a trash talking canary with no explanation. (which was cute by the way) :thumbsup:

i dont get it tim.

how did T.O. "attack" harrison.

harrison called him a clown and said T.O is more concerned with his own stats than the team's success.

T.O. refreshed the FACT that harrison was suspended for cheating.

so because harrison is retired now and does a football show he should be able to say what he wants about anything, but not have anything said in return? and if harrison did still play, would that matter? espically if it's T.O. making the comments?

as i'm sure you remember, jim(chris) everett actually attacked jim rome for spouting off and there were alot of people happy(although that may be a strong word) about that.

not trying to argue your point, just showing the double standard

Not a double standard.

I don't care if Harrison was still playing, many teams would admonish their players for tweeting like that. Just as the Dolphins did with Channing Crowder and the Jets did with David Clowney. Randy Moss and Wes Welker caught hell from Belichick for merely stating their offense MIGHT be better than it was in 2007. If a Patriot had sent that type of tweet to another player in the league -- I don't care if the target was Tony Mandarich -- Belichick would go ballistic.

And I'm sure there were a lot of Sabres fans who thought that it was OK for Dominik Hasek to strangle Jim Kelley. Still doesn't mean you should act that way.

It's about how you want your players to represent your organization.

But Owens' tweets weren't facts, as you claim. He ridiculed Harrison for taking steroids. That wasn't why he was suspended. He was suspended for HGH. But Owens didn't merely point that out either. He posted at least five tweets in which he asked Harrison to ship him steroids to One Bills Drive.

As a Bills fan, you're OK with a player reacting like that to a broadcaster 15 minutes after pretending to turn a new leaf with media who was right in front of him? Whatever leaf he's trying to turn, he lit on fire when he tweeted Harrison.

With all due respect addressing the media is one thing, but a twitter has more of a personal ring to it don't you think, and although we like to do it, I'm not so sure pulling twitters out of context is any more fair than it would be to quote one comment from an interview without knowing what proceeded and followed the comment.

I realize that's not what you did, but instead you called him a trash talking canary with no explanation. (which was cute by the way) :thumbsup:

The link to the tweets is right there in the story.