Edwards' play this game

bizell

IMO, he played his best game as a Buffalo Bill. Too bad TO dropped that gorgeous spiral that hit him perfectly in the hands in stride.

Hey, he's capable of throwing the ball further than 10 yards down the field!

From the parts of the game I was able to see (about 3/4ths of the game), I couldn't really notice him do anything bad.

grade for the game: A

IMO, this is your best post as a Buffalo Bills fan. I think we both can agree it would be nice to see Trent continue to even get better as he gets more comfortable in the offense. Ironically, I am usually one of Trent's staunchest supporters and I was frustrated with him forcing the ball in on short throws (unlike last week when the short throws were wide open) during much of the game. Not that I felt he wasn't still effective, but it seemed like after the TO drop he got a little hesitant to look TO's way. Perhaps TO was being doubled - I was frustrated that they weren't giving me any good looks at the coverage during the broadcast. But he did show that he is willing to go deep and that he can put good touch on it, so I'm with you in that it was a good overall performance. I give him an A-.

All we need is for him to build up that confidence and Brady-like killer instinct. He has the tools to be dominant, both in personnel and natural talent I think..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
They definitely need to get the WRs involved alot more. He really needs to look TOs way more often.

And even if Trent went 32 for 33 with 4 TDs and no INTs, people here would be all over him for that one incompletion. There is not one QB in the league that doesn't look bad on a few plays per game. Anyone see Brady today? He was not good.

I'll give TE an A+ for effort, especially after his one run. B+ overall, wasn't perfect

In the first 2 games Buffalo's WR's have accounted for 13 receptions, 201 yards and 2 TD's

Buffaloes TE's, 12 receptions, 129 yards and 1 TD,

RB (Fred Jackson) 11 receptions 108 yards receieving and 1 TD

Very evenly distributed in my opinion.

Meanwhile Fred Jackson has also rushed for 220 yards and averaging 5.1 yards a carry. (Trents Audibles are fine)

Note: Trent Edwards recently made reference to Fred Jackson as being one of his biggest weapons on the Bills offense and for good reason. So far this season Buffalo has 714 yards of offense rushing and receiving. Fred Jackson has 338 of them total yards.

I'll give TE an A+ for effort, especially after his one run. B+ overall, wasn't perfect

In the first 2 games Buffalo's WR's have accounted for 13 receptions, 201 yards and 2 TD's

Buffaloes TE's, 12 receptions, 129 yards and 1 TD,

RB (Fred Jackson) 11 receptions 108 yards receieving and 1 TD

Very evenly distributed in my opinion.

Meanwhile Fred Jackson has also rushed for 220 yards and averaging 5.1 yards a carry. (Trents Audibles are fine)

Note: Trent Edwards recently made reference to Fred Jackson as being one of his biggest weapons on the Bills offense and for good reason. So far this season Buffalo has 714 yards of offense rushing and receiving. Fred Jackson has 338 of them total yards.

Gee who'd a thunk it? Running game = Qb looking good!! :rolleyes:

Also you mention the run. I didn't realize he could move around that well. He looked decisive when he did. I yelped when he took on that db!! Scared the **** out of me. Showing all around confidence improvement imho. Next week should really be interesting for him. If he can put up another good game it might be a big step for his development.

Schouman getting hurt did him a favor...he was staring him down and ignoring open guys to stay underneath throughout the 2nd half

Agreed, they do that little roll with him to the right, and TB was all over it every time, from what

I can see, he is the primary target on theses plays, and Trent hardly looks eleswhere, and then forces it

to him anyway. But all in all he played great-B+

Trent played pretty good yesterday. We need many more games like that from him. My only complaint is that he needs to get the ball to Lee and TO more. We can't keep going with those 2 only getting 3-5 catches combined per game.

I thought Trent played excellent today. Every pass does not have to be pretty. The TD pass to Lee was a yard short, but it was a brilliant play. Third and one, he saw the defense was in a defense that likely would have stopped the play call, he audibled out, called for a bomb, looked one way and threw a spiral that only Evans could catch that was a TD. So what it didnt hit him in perfect stride. He also made a fabulous play on the other pass that Owens could have caught in the endzone (although it would have been called back for holding on Bell). Still, Trent made a great play to avoid two rushers, rolled out, looked all over the field and then threw a ball on the run that only Owens could have caught in the back of the endzone. That was a terrific play.

I have no problem even with the sacks he took. Third and long he was trying to make a play and looking at his second and third options. The first couple years he would have thrown it away or checked down immediately and we would have punted anyway. I'm not happy with the sack, obviously, but those are the times you do need to hold onto the ball until the last possible second, when it's third and long.

He spread the ball around. He only made one really bad pass. He threw two beautiful bombs and two other nice throws deep. He moved in the pocket. He ran well and is surprisingly nimble at times (except he does NOT need to lower his throwing shoulder into an oncoming tackler -- I like his toughness but it's just flat stupid). He looks in control of the offense and his game. I think this may have been his best game as a Bill and I'm really looking forward to next week against the Saints when we know we're going to have to score a lot of points.

c+/b-

Some good some bad. He opened the field a bit more than usual, but not as much as I would have liked given the secondary we where facung. There where times he held the ball too long and took some bad sacks. He let the offense get a bit stale in the 2nd half and could never really rebound.

We need to find a way to get Lee and TO the ball more. I know TO dropped the sure TD, but he needs to get that opportunity more than once or twice a game. Same with Lee. I dont know if its Trent or playcalling. Probably a little of both, but our playmaker need be given opportunities to make plays.

He looked good. There were a few mistakes but bounced back from each of them. The biggest concerns that I have had for Trent is his durability and confidence, for now everything looks A OK. Somewhat unfortunate that TO dropped that beautiful pass, it seemed to travel more than 50 yards in the air and I guess that kind of kills that ridiculous criticism that he can't air it out.

The TB defense in my view was pretty focused on stopping the short passes, and basically dared TE to throw it deep at times and force him to beat their defense over the top, and they did exactly that. I think we would all like to see more passes to the WR's, but the passes that were thrown to them were passes that were meant to do damage.

The most impressive thing that I have seen out of TE is his handling of the play calling. He seems very comfortable in that role, and that audible to Lee Evans was a thing of beauty. Not so much the pass, the pass was all right at best, but it didn't need to perfect, because he was so open, but it was the audible to change out of the play. They brought down the safety and TE had the awareness to change it up and hit them over the top on a third and 1.

Overall I give his performance an A-

Give me a B+ for performance. Had 2 drops that would have made it a true B+, but in reality from what happened he deserves a C+ because he was horrible in the 3rd quarter. If Lee fights for a ball once every year that was his for the taking. Good WRs get that ball. The ball to Owens was gorgeous and how he dropped it I don't know.

If he didn't play so much in a funk he get a better grade.

Solid B+.

Still holds on too long.

Can throw plenty long enough--with touch.

Many post as though Evans and TO were open on every passing play---nothing further from the truth. Evans has gotten real soft around the ball. He could be more aggressive getting to the ball

B+

I think he had a great game. One thing that still worries me, though, is that, other than the deep sideline passes, he doesn't seem to be very good at passing to where a receiver WILL be. We never see a receiver making a catch on the run. All the catches were to receivers that were almost stionary. It's like he has no faith in timing patterns. Last night I saw Eli and the Gaints do this all night long.

IMO, he played his best game as a Buffalo Bill. Too bad TO dropped that gorgeous spiral that hit him perfectly in the hands in stride.

From the parts of the game I was able to see (about 3/4ths of the game), I couldn't really notice him do anything bad.

He did play a great game..However I am going to reserve overall judgement until he wins games when the winds are whipping at the Ralph and its bitter cold.

Grade C+. His missed numerous opportunities to hit open receivers downfeild. If you watched on TV you prob didn't notice. I was at the game, and the people sitting around me also noticed his poor feild vision. We need to hire a full time QB coach who can help him with his reads. He throws the ball very well, now he just needs to locate the targets.

Guest dog14787
Grade C+. His missed numerous opportunities to hit open receivers downfeild. If you watched on TV you prob didn't notice. I was at the game, and the people sitting around me also noticed his poor feild vision. We need to hire a full time QB coach who can help him with his reads. He throws the ball very well, now he just needs to locate the targets.

Welcome aboard,

Unless you are standing in TE's shoes you have no idea if he has the proper passing lanes and its pointless for someone sitting in the stands with only one angle to even think they can make that observation accurately. The different camera angles watching on the television set probably gives you a better overall view in my opinion.

Not that I wouldn't have loved to see the game from your vantage point.

I give Trent an A-

I think that it is incumbant on him as a leader to keep the offense up during a game, but they really ended the 2nd quarter flat and came out in the second half flat as well. Trent needs to keep them fired up and keep the the troups upbeat.

Perhaps AVP was telling them to slow the tempo down to use up the clock, but we did not have much of a lead and I thought that the no-huddle was running so slow that Tampa looked like they could do their defensive substitutions with ease for most of the second half.

He definately had enough time to throw and on a few sacks it was all Trent waiting too long and not finding a way to scoot or throw the ball away - we lost yards on those sacks that if it were against a team with a better "d" we would have been hurting because of it.

Missed some wide open downfield shots when checking down a few times.

All in all I think that he stayed more composed and is gradually coming out of his self-imposed shell of not going deep. As teams pick their poison (bring safeties up to play the run, or leave them back to cover Owens and Evans) Trent will get better at recognizing those deep opportunities.

And as another poster mentioned, the boy has to learn how to avoid those big hits and slide.

If he avoids the sacks for losses and starts to recognize more of the downfield plays I will be more than happy to bump him up to an "A".