Edwards' play this game

bizell

IMO, he played his best game as a Buffalo Bill. Too bad TO dropped that gorgeous spiral that hit him perfectly in the hands in stride.

Hey, he's capable of throwing the ball further than 10 yards down the field!

From the parts of the game I was able to see (about 3/4ths of the game), I couldn't really notice him do anything bad.

grade for the game: A

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, he played his best game as a Buffalo Bill. Too bad TO dropped that gorgeous spiral that hit him perfectly in the hands in stride.

From the parts of the game I was able to see (about 3/4ths of the game), I couldn't really notice him do anything bad.

grade b-.

the deep balls to evans all seemed under thrown except for maybe the td

B+

couple of poor throws to Evans..otherwise he hung in there and did a very good job.

And pleeease learn to go down or throw the ball away a bit better---or we are gonna have an 08 situation again on our hands

B+

couple of poor throws to Evans..otherwise he hung in there and did a very good job.

And pleeease learn to go down or throw the ball away a bit better---or we are gonna have an 08 situation again on our hands

Agreed. The int in the second half was also a poorly-thrown ball and he could have gotten rid of the ball quicker a couple of times. Plus, he MUST learn to slide on occasion. I love the Jim Kelly-type toughness, but with his concussion & injury history, he's going to have to wimp out every now & then.

B+

Agreed re. throwing the ball away. Man, we don't need the zero to two-yard gain on the run to the sideline--just throw it away! Also, on the sack, you've got to get rid of the ball after 4 seconds--hopefully he'll feel that in the future and unload the ball.

I will say this though--there were other times when I was really impressed with his pocket presence, esp. out of the 5-WR set. He was feeling the rush and getting the ball away every time (oftentimes just in the nick of time).

Trent took a sack or two that he had plenty of time to throw the ball away and could clearly see the sack coming....lost a couple points there. He should not be trying to deliver a blow to a DB when he does take off out of the pocket...run out of bounds or slide dummy! He's gonna get himself seriously hurt. I've seen him take hits in both of the first two games that a smarter QB would have avoided. Lastly, he clearly put too much air under the ball on passes to LE. BUT, if TO catches that beautifully placed pass on the sidelines, Trent has 300 yards and 2-3 TD's. Can't complain too much about his performance these last two weeks. Kids got heart and wants to win!!!

He made some mistakes and took some bad hits, but like Stan mentioned above he played with toughness and heart.

The big carry-over from this game is that he hit both Evans and Owens deep. That will keep 8 men out of the box, freeing up the running game and making the OL's pass blocking assignments easier the next game.

I'd still like to see him take a shot in the end zone inside the 20, but there's always next game.

B-

terrible INT, checked down way too much

he did loosen up a bit and threw some deep passes- 2 for TDs one that should have been and was dropped

definitely progressed from last week which is important

All QBs throw INTs, and they're usually bad passes. Happens to everyone. The more important stat: He's thrown it 56 times, and has only 1 pick (plus one near-pick in the NE game on his rollout throw to Parrish). He hasn't fumbled either. He takes care of the ball.

The balls to Evans and TO for TD's were pretty throws for sure, and so was the TO drop. On the other hand, his INT was pretty terrible and the rest of his deep balls werent that accurate. The offense went stale big time in the 3rd qtr and he couldnt seem to move the ball.

So, given the good and the bad today, I would rate it a B. We really should have had more points today, we left a lot of opportunities out on the field, so cant give him an A, but it was definitely worth a B and an encouraging outing to build on.

We still as an offense need to get the WR's more involved (they still didnt get many balls or targets today) if we will have any chance of hanging with that potent offense the Saints have. In fact, if you take away the two TD's to Evans and Owens, they were barely heard from today. So, AVP has to get them even more involved next week.

The balls to Evans and TO for TD's were pretty throws for sure, and so was the TO drop. On the other hand, his INT was pretty terrible and the rest of his deep balls werent that accurate. The offense went stale big time in the 3rd qtr and he couldnt seem to move the ball.

So, given the good and the bad today, I would rate it a B. We really should have had more points today, we left a lot of opportunities out on the field, so cant give him an A, but it was definitely worth a B and an encouraging outing to build on.

We still as an offense need to get the WR's more involved (they still didnt get many balls or targets today) if we will have any chance of hanging with that potent offense the Saints have. In fact, if you take away the two TD's to Evans and Owens, they were barely heard from today. So, AVP has to get them even more involved next week.

They definitely need to get the WRs involved alot more. He really needs to look TOs way more often.

And even if Trent went 32 for 33 with 4 TDs and no INTs, people here would be all over him for that one incompletion. There is not one QB in the league that doesn't look bad on a few plays per game. Anyone see Brady today? He was not good.

They definitely need to get the WRs involved alot more. He really needs to look TOs way more often.

And even if Trent went 32 for 33 with 4 TDs and no INTs, people here would be all over him for that one incompletion. There is not one QB in the league that doesn't look bad on a few plays per game. Anyone see Brady today? He was not good.

Yes, QB's do have some bad plays (excpet for Kurt Warner today...did you see his record completion % of over 92%, geezus, lol) and Trent responded well to his terrible INT today with his strike to TO. But, none the less, you cant ignore bad plays when handing out grades, which is why I graded him a B.

It was a good outing, but we missed some opportunities, he under threw some balls, had an INT, and couldnt move the ball in the 3rd. Now the positives outweigh the negatives for sure, so he gets a B. Its a great game to build on

Agreed. The int in the second half was also a poorly-thrown ball and he could have gotten rid of the ball quicker a couple of times. Plus, he MUST learn to slide on occasion. I love the Jim Kelly-type toughness, but with his concussion & injury history, he's going to have to wimp out every now & then.

the concussion thing...well --dont even wanna think about that. He needs to be more cognizant of that.That could be career ending.

I was impressed that after the INT, he actually shook it off and still was throwing the ball downfield. I was thinking: "Crap...he's going to go ultra-conservative now that he threw that pick..." but then came the deep ball of beauty to TO.

I'd give him a B+

Question to AVP: WHERE'S THE SLANTS AT?!?!