To clear something up...

Alphadawg7

There is a misconception amongst some posters here that I have some vendeta or "crusade" against Trent and want him to fail so I can say "I told you so" and I totally understand why and its my fault and I want to apologize to the board for that.

I have unfortunately allowed myself to get caught up too often in threads where people are making outlandish claims of Trents greatness and try and discuss those claims logically when clearly logic has been thrown out the window in many of those claims (for example some comparing him to Manning, Brady, and Montanna...with people even saying he is or will be better than them to boot).

Then when attempting to discuss it logically fails it just turns into a lame argument. What some people dont understand is that being critical of Trents performance and discussing where he needs to improve doesnt mean you dont want him to succeed. But when you are trying to discuss that in a thread where people think Trent walks on water it doesnt go over well and turns into this long drawn out debate over and over again, more or less a "pissing contest".

Then that leads to the belief by some that I am on some crusade or want him to fail, which I certainly do not. Thats my fault for allowing myself to get caught up so much in those threads (especially since there are so many of them) and I get to reign that in. Everyone is entitled to their opinnion, no matter how outlandish it may seem.

So, for clarifying purposes, I want it to be known that I am pulling for Trent, wear his jersey, and want the Bills to win as much as anyone. And just because I am not satisfied with his play last year and I am critical about it, doesn't mean I dont like him or think he has potential.

A post by Heels made me realize that getting into this dribble starts to polute the board and thats not my intent. In full sincerity, I live an amazing life literally my dream life, and the last thing in the world I worry about is hoping Trent fails so I can say "I told you so" on a message board of people I will never meet in my lifetime.

So, that being said, I want to whole heartedly apologize to the members unfortunately subjected to the above mentioned on going debates and for them monopolizing the board at times. There is so much to be discussed now with the season other than just Trent (who had a good outing Monday) and a season to look forward to. I played football from a little kid into my twenties and am very passionate about it, love to watch it, really miss playing it, and very much love to discuss it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a misconception amongst some posters here that I have some vendeta or "crusade" against Trent and want him to fail so I can say "I told you so" and I totally understand why and its my fault and I want to apologize to the board for that.

I have unfortunately allowed myself to get caught up too often in threads where people are making outlandish claims of Trents greatness and try and discuss those claims logically when clearly logic has been thrown out the window in many of those claims (for example some comparing him to Manning, Brady, and Montanna...with people even saying he is or will be better than them to boot).

Then when attempting to discuss it logically fails it just turns into a lame argument. What some people dont understand is that being critical of Trents performance and discussing where he needs to improve doesnt mean you dont want him to succeed. But when you are trying to discuss that in a thread where people think Trent walks on water it doesnt go over well and turns into this long drawn out debate over and over again, more or less a "pissing contest".

Then that leads to the belief by some that I am on some crusade or want him to fail, which I certainly do not. Thats my fault for allowing myself to get caught up so much in those threads (especially since there are so many of them) and I get to reign that in. Everyone is entitled to their opinnion, no matter how outlandish it may seem.

So, for clarifying purposes, I want it to be known that I am pulling for Trent, wear his jersey, and want the Bills to win as much as anyone. And just because I am not satisfied with his play last year and I am critical about it, doesn't mean I dont like him or think he has potential.

A post by Heels made me realize that getting into this dribble starts to polute the board and thats not my intent. In full sincerity, I live an amazing life literally my dream life, and the last thing in the world I worry about is hoping Trent fails so I can say "I told you so" on a message board of people I will never meet in my lifetime.

So, that being said, I want to whole heartedly apologize to the members unfortunately subjected to the above mentioned on going debates and for them monopolizing the board at times. There is so much to be discussed now with the season other than just Trent (who had a good outing Monday) and a season to look forward to. I played football from a little kid into my twenties and am very passionate about it, love to watch it, really miss playing it, and very much love to discuss it.

;) Nice post.

Kind of reminds me in a different way, of my unbending support of Jason Peters out here. I never told anyone I am a "Jason Peters" fan for life, and now root for the Eagles. My only take is that I will always think the Bills should have paid him and kept him as their anchor at LT for the next decade. I will never wish an injury on any NFL player. But I really don't care if he becomes another Mike Williams bust for Philly or continues his Pro Bowl career. I have no intention of coming out here in January and saying "I told you so" if he gets voted to another Pro Bowl. Forget him, he's gone now. I am only a die hard Bills fan that like you, wants to see the team and every player on it succeed. :wallbash:

Very solid post!

I tend to see Edwards in a more favorable light than you do. That said, I can easily see why you came away from the second half of last season with concerns about his play. I was starting to get a little worried myself!

But he put a lot of those concerns to rest with that New England game. He didn't play perfectly, but he looked like a guy who could get the job done.

Really? Can you provide a link to someone who has more than 10 posts here saying anything even close to that? I don't read every cripple-fight thread about Edwards, but I've never seen anyone here suggest such things.

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :)

Guest dog14787
Really? Can you provide a link to someone who has more than 10 posts here saying anything even close to that? I don't read every cripple-fight thread about Edwards, but I've never seen anyone here suggest such things.

Meanwhile, one idiot on the board yesterday accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS).

I find it ironic he makes an apology and takes another dig at anyone who disagree's with him.

I got called names that should never be used on this board, wheres my apology, I get it, because I compare Brady to TE I'm not included. This just in Alphaprick we just played Brady and of course we are going to compare the two QB's so give me a break.

Take your apology and shove it. :)

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :)

That post you cite did not come from someone with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB, just the opposite in fact, so it tends to undercut your point.

Well I'm certainly glad you took the half hour out of your life to construct that literary masterpiece. We'll all sleep a lot better now, I'm sure. Want a hug?

Got any better ideas Einstein? Or are you still trying to get the spraypaint off of your fingers?

It seems to me the majority of the outlandish things posted are from people with a pathological hatred of the Bills starting QB (or SS). One idiot yesterday even accused someone of rooting for Brady on MNF just so they could say "See, Trent sucks!". :censored:

SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

Guest dog14787
I think it is foolish to start talking about Trents greatness because he hasn't done anything GREAT YET.

I of course hope he does

Awww come on, its still fun to talk about, especially on this thread.

Trents great :censored: