Crabtree to re-enter draft

I just saw on ESPN News that Michael Crabtree is going to sit out the entire year, and re-enter the draft in 2010.

I wonder where he will go, still Top 10? I doubt so with his attitude. However, when he drops, he will go to a better team where he will likely have better success. I think he is making a very big mistake, the 49ers seem headed in a good direction. What are your thoughts on Crabtree's decision.

Also, I just saw that Pisa Tinoisimoa got hurt. Not sure what the extent of the injury is, Lovie Smith just said in his press conference that he suffered an injury and will be re-evaluated. I think Ellison, Harris and Palmer are better options than this guy, had we signed him in the off-season.

I think the NFL as a whole should send a message to this kid. NO TEAM should draft him at all next year. That kinda statement really needs to be made here.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and proudly government insured for US$130,- per month which equals the very best available commercial insurance in the US (such as reconstructive plastic surgery and recovery support). The key is everyone pays the same, it's not linked to income, everyone pays mandatory, government becomes giant customer that is able to force clinics to lower their prices or else no clientele...

It works throughout Europe why wouldnt it work in the US, and why do you rather run the risk of going bankrupt then to be sure you get all medical care that you need even if you dont need it now.

I honestly fail to understand why there are so many people buying into the false accusations the opposition is feeding the public. Investigate a bit for yourself instead of blatently accepting the Fox News gibberish.

Also we are free to use private clinics or foreign clinics if we prefer to do so but that is only covered up to what the costs would be when the procedure is done here. Anyway, all I'm saying is it is a good thing if done well, if linked to income then I can understand people having an issue with it (we had that up till 4 years ago, which resulted into people getting preferential treatment, which isnt too bad if you are the one getting it but hardly fair if you need it in rougher times). However Obama has said that he like to copy the Dutch/Swiss system, which is based on an equal share for all.

Enjoy your 60%+ income tax rate and the VAT. No thanks.

My opinion is that Crabtree is unbelievably STUPID. He will NEVER make up for that missed year.

Yup...he isnt going to make up this lost year...more imortantly he just severly hurt his chances of getting 3 big contracts in his career like Fitzgerald has set himself up for...

What a tool...I hope we dont draft him.

That is a little silly. There is no way he falls out of the 1st Round, let alone the Top 3.

He actually had 2 great years. His Freshman and Sophomore seasons he was a unanimous decision for "The Nation's Top Wide Receiver." He won the Paul Warfield and Bilitnekoff awards.

I would say that Crabtree is much better and more highly touted than those 2. He is well-known as well, those 2 were not.

No way he gets drafted in the first round. Teams will have soured on him after this bull crap. Crabtree is a WR with good hops, good hands, no pure speed and questionable route running skills.

Good point. And what about Wilson trading Peters?

No idea what this has to do with Peters. If you're looking for a Peters thread...look...anywhere else.

I think it's important to note the post that pointed out that Crabtree will also be entirely unable to even talk to other teams (officially). If he does, and someone drafts him...I think the 49ers would have an excellent case for compensation so I'm guessing they would be keeping an ear to the ground for any such situation.

No way he gets drafted in the first round. Teams will have soured on him after this bull crap. Crabtree is a WR with good hops, good hands, no pure speed and questionable route running skills.

He also has a FOOT injury.........................not a good thing for a WR. Some players are never the same after having foot problems.

If I needed a #1 receiver, like the Bears looked like they needed last night, I would look to trade for him.

Any team that needs a top receiver would want to trade for him.

Other than showing up a day before opening day to get his paycheck & already having a signed contract, off the field, what has Jason Peters done that is significantly different than Crabtree? The Eagles couldn't wait to give Peters a boatload of money & the Bills draft choices.

If you answer Peters was proven & Crabtree is unproven, what has Crabtree done differently than Corneilius Bennett did to Indy in 1987? Do you think Bill Polian, one of the all time great GMs, thought he was a headache? Polian sent 2 1s, a 2 and Greg Bell to deliberately acquire Indy's "headache"

Too many people in this thread are letting their emotions cloud their vision in what is totally a business decision by all parties involved. Eventually SF will sign or trade the guy because it is a sound business decision, and there will be receiver light teams knocking on their door once they realize that promising 4th rounder can't hold Crabtree's jock.

I agree with this to a point. Now, if SF can end up with someone of Eric Dickerson's talent, I can see a trade like the one for Bennett happening.

GO BILLS!!!

I know it's illegal, hence the term private, though I should have written without the league or Goddell knowing about it.

There does not have to be any collusion for the owner to know that crabtree and anyone associated with Eugene Parker are to be avoided like N1R1.

Yes, and proudly government insured for US$130,- per month which equals the very best available commercial insurance in the US (such as reconstructive plastic surgery and recovery support). The key is everyone pays the same, it's not linked to income, everyone pays mandatory, government becomes giant customer that is able to force clinics to lower their prices or else no clientele...

Then why does everyone in Europe who's not a bum have private insurance to supplement the gov't healthcare (which btw costs an extra 13% payroll tax in the UK...don't know aout the other countries).

Enjoy your 60%+ income tax rate and the VAT. No thanks.

0 t/m € 17.579 33,60% (15,70% if you are 65+)

€ 17.580 to € 31.589 41,85% (23,95% if you are 65+)

€ 31.590 to € 53.860 42%

€ 53.861 and up 52%

http://www.belastingdienst.nl/particulier/...4.html#P75_6373

Everyone pays the same in the same scales, i.e if you are earning 100k you'll be paying 33,6% and 41,85% over the respective amounts and 52% over the remainder. Those are still pretty high but do include social insurances; i.e. if you become unemployed you'll receive 70% of your last paycheck for a maximum of 1 year. Also the rent on our mortages are tax deducatable for a percentage equal to the percentage of tax we pay. Net result is that if you are in the highest scale you'll pay a net tax of about 40%.

Then why does everyone in Europe who's not a bum have private insurance to supplement the gov't healthcare (which btw costs an extra 13% payroll tax in the UK...don't know aout the other countries).

I was talking about the Dutch and Swiss system; those systems are complete. There are only small supplements possible because everything else is covered. Those supplements don't go over 30 euro per month and cover small things like ability to get surgery abroad and have it fully paid for (not just the localcost part).

I just saw on ESPN News that Michael Crabtree is going to sit out the entire year, and re-enter the draft in 2010.

I wonder where he will go, still Top 10? I doubt so with his attitude. However, when he drops, he will go to a better team where he will likely have better success. I think he is making a very big mistake, the 49ers seem headed in a good direction. What are your thoughts on Crabtree's decision.

Also, I just saw that Pisa Tinoisimoa got hurt. Not sure what the extent of the injury is, Lovie Smith just said in his press conference that he suffered an injury and will be re-evaluated. I think Ellison, Harris and Palmer are better options than this guy, had we signed him in the off-season.

If Crabtree is a top 10 we'll have a shot at him, since we'll be drafting in the top 10.