Ralph held a coaches meeting at his house

Fingon

It strikes me as a poor choice of days for such a meeting.

Saturday was roster cut day. The staff should stay at the office, where their info on cut players resides, their phones, etc.

Office? With a laptop and a BlackBerry, have office, will travel.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe part of the meeting was roster cuts. :wallbash:

I would think that would be part.

But in war (the NFL), when there is a major part of the campaign going on (final roster cuts), its not wise to drag your field commanders (Jauron, Brandon) back to the rear echelons (Ralph's home).

The spanking could have been administered at a later date...

It strikes me as a poor choice of days for such a meeting.

Saturday was roster cut day. The staff should stay at the office, where their info on cut players resides, their phones, etc.

Interesting point, SiC. It ties in with the line that appeared in Tim Graham's blog from yesterday, something along the lines of "My sources tell me that it's a very tense day at the Bills Front Office" (sorry, Tim, I'm paraphrasing, but I don't think I'm too far off).

Sounds like his sources were closely linked to that meeting! And you bet yer ass it was "tense"! As in - it probably took about an hour for the sphincters to open back up.

Office? With a laptop and a BlackBerry, have office, will travel.

Only in part.

Not every note, every scrap of paper jotted down is entered into a computer. And there's something to be said for being in familiar confines when making substantial decisions.

When I see draft "war room" scenes on tv, there are binders about, hand-written charts and so on.

I wonder how much time was consumed traveling to Detriot and back? Were they in transit when other clubs released their cut lists? I don't know their itinerary, but time on a plane is dead time.

Only in part.

Not every note, every scrap of paper jotted down is entered into a computer. And there's something to be said for being in familiar confines when making substantial decisions.

When I see draft "war room" scenes on tv, there are binders about, hand-written charts and so on.

I wonder how much time was consumed traveling to Detriot and back? Were they in transit when other clubs released their cut lists? I don't know their itinerary, but time on a plane is dead time.

I am sure the private Jet has Wi-FI....... And who cares where he turns the heat up, but that it was turned up!!

Not every note, every scrap of paper jotted down is entered into a computer. And there's something to be said for being in familiar confines when making substantial decisions. When I see draft "war room" scenes on tv, there are binders about, hand-written charts and so on.

I wonder how much time was consumed traveling to Detroit and back? Were they in transit when other clubs released their cut lists? I don't know their itinerary, but time on a plane is dead time.

Just emphasizes how out of touch and arrogant Wilson is. Get your withered ass on a plane to Buffalo or get one of those new-fangled speaker phones (I hear you can even get moving pictures too) if you don't want to miss cocktail hour at the club.

I think in some ways RW is similar to Al Davis in Oakland. Not so much in the strange personnel moves or conferences held to refute fired coaches' claims. He has surrounded himself with yes men who cannot tell him something they know he doesn't want to hear. I'm referring to DJ and RB, who make up possibly the worst GM and HC tandem in the NFL.
And that's exactly why we will never get a Cohwer, or Holmgren, or even a whiff of Chucky. Bad enough we don't have Miami's weather but these guys would rather spar with Bradshaw and be mocked by Coliendo than to be second guessed by Ethan Frome.

:wallbash: Nothing more to add.

And that's exactly why we will never get a Cohwer, or Holmgren, or even a whiff of Chucky. Bad enough we don't have Miami's weather but these guys would rather spar with Bradshaw and be mocked by Coliendo than to be second guessed by Ethan Frome.

per tim graham the meeting only included Van Pelt, Studesville and Brandon....perhaps they were told to do what they wanted and not listen to Jauron's BS philosophy on offense....

This IS a surprize! I'm lovin' it!

Jauron may not be a 'Liar, liar!' but his 'pants on fire!!'

Only in part.

I don't agree Cincy. The flight to Detroit is about an hour. The final cuts were well known (by the coaches) Friday morning - except for two or three. It always works that way. It's not rocket surgery, but it definitely can be as argumentative as the Draft. Coaches lobby to keep their guy by making a case why they should be kept over another player. The final roster has to be filed with the NFL office in NYC by cutdown time. Clubs are not required to publish it to the media by that time. The Bills have never to my knowledge ever published cuts at the strike of the hour.

They didn't lose precious time and weren't missing precious scraps of player information squirreled away on office stickies and clipboards. They need to convince the HC and GM who the best players are and why they should be on the squad. That's all.

Ralph simply conducted a level-setting head-check in the comfort of his home. See, it isn't personal. It's about business. I find nothing wrong in Ralph calling everyone in on the carpet. The mission is clear - win or else. He wanted to make certain they all got the message, loud and clear.

Oh yes, Ralph is suddenly very upset with how things are going with his beloved Bills.

The outcome of his righteous anger? Dj is still coach and another former backup QB (already on the payroll) becomes OC>

You really think the message of this goofy meeting (out of state) was "now go out there and win!"??

With that?

It should have been---"go out and find me a real OC!"

Oh yes, Ralph is suddenly very upset with how things are going with his beloved Bills.

The outcome of his righteous anger? Dj is still coach and another former backup QB (already on the payroll) becomes OC>

You really think the message of this goofy meeting (out of state) was "now go out there and win!"??

With that?

It should have been---"go out and find me a real OC!"

Ralph Wilson is not the solution to the problem. Ralph Wilson is the problem.

Dick Jauron just held a press conference stating that yes, of course Ralph was consulted, but the decision to call a meeting at Ralph's house was entirely his.

You deserve :unsure::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: !!!

The only other thing of substance that Jauron said was:

I think that it’s pretty obvious when you make a decision you know when you should do it. I wasn’t thinking about meeting him three days ago. I wasn’t thinking about it two weeks ago. But when you start thinking about it I think you need to move on it and do something. So when I started thinking about it I gave it a good deal of thought and did it. Clearly I believe it’s the right thing to do. It’s just a meeting I needed to make I felt and made it.

Just emphasizes how out of touch and arrogant Wilson is. Get your withered ass on a plane to Buffalo or get one of those new-fangled speaker phones (I hear you can even get moving pictures too) if you don't want to miss cocktail hour at the club.

Supposedly, RW and those in the meeting engaged in a give and take type meeting. I assume that to be RW giving and DJ and his coaches doing the taking. How ironic is it that RW's is concerned at this late juncture about the status of the team?