Familiar names in the UFL

Albany,n.y.

I was going over the UFL rosters & I found some interesting names.

Just call them the Las Vegas ex-Bills: J.P. Losman, Lauvale Sape, Teddy Lehman & a guy we cut in pre-season George Gause. The only other ex-Bill I could find was Florida's QB Craig Nall.

Here are some other familiar names: Las Vegas: Wendell Bryant, David Kircus, Tony Parrish, Tim Rattay (who could end up beating out JP as the QB if JP falters); NY: LaBrandon Toefield, Quinn Gray, Cecil Sapp; Florida: Bob Pettiti, Zach Pilar, Bo Schobel, Jermain Wiggins, Curtis DeLoatch, Frank Murphy. California is fielding a bunch of no-names.

Based on the "I've heard of him" factor I'd rate the teams 1)Florida 2)Las Vegas 3)New York 4)California.

Just call them the Las Vegas ex-Bills: J.P. Losman, Lauvale Sape, Teddy Lehman & a guy we cut in pre-season George Gause. The only other ex-Bill I could find was Florida's QB Craig Nall.

Here are some other familiar names: Las Vegas: Wendell Bryant, David Kircus, Tony Parrish, Tim Rattay (who could end up beating out JP as the QB if JP falters); NY: LaBrandon Toefield, Quinn Gray, Cecil Sapp; Florida: Bob Pettiti, Zach Pilar, Bo Schobel, Jermain Wiggins, Curtis DeLoatch, Frank Murphy. California is fielding a bunch of no-names.

Based on the "I've heard of him" factor I'd rate the teams 1)Florida 2)Las Vegas 3)New York 4)California.

California has BJ Sams, Ronnie Prude and Maurice Crum...I would say they are more known than Frank Murphy and Bob Pettiti...talk about "no-names?!"

Rattay >>> J.P., wouldn't at all be surprised to see this happen. :unsure:

Dumbest. League. Ever.

I don't see what's dumb about it. I'm not saying it'll succeed, but the games might be every bit as entertaining as an NFL game and it might appeal to families quite a bit who can see a game for a lot less money. Heck, If I take my family of 5 to a game here in Chicago, get decent seats (not the best) - the cost of tickets, parking and a couple trips to the concession stand is well over $500.

Any idea how much coin JP signed for?

California has BJ Sams, Ronnie Prude and Maurice Crum...I would say they are more known than Frank Murphy and Bob Pettiti...talk about "no-names?!"

Crum has never played a down of pro football & nobody in the NFL wanted him. Prude had 1 decent NFL season & got waived out of the league a couple of seasons later. Sams is about the only non no-name California has. Pettiti started for the Cowboys & Murphy was in & out of the NFL for a few years.

I don't see what's dumb about it. I'm not saying it'll succeed, but the games might be every bit as entertaining as an NFL game and it might appeal to families quite a bit who can see a game for a lot less money. Heck, If I take my family of 5 to a game here in Chicago, get decent seats (not the best) - the cost of tickets, parking and a couple trips to the concession stand is well over $500.
...and you can do that for about half that in Buffalo.

XFL was by far more stupid. The UFL has to start somewhere.

Maybe but I still have fond memories of it. During my nephew's freshman (sophmore?) year in high school we woud watch the game every Saturday night. He's grown now and we go to all the Bills games but we really bonded watching those games. Go Tommy Maddox!

A few years back, there was some debate on these boards as to whether the Bills' starter should be JP, Nall, or Holcomb. Maybe the game between Las Vegas and Florida can help settle the question of whether Losman or Nall is better. Assuming, of course, that Losman is able to keep Rattay from wresting control of the starting position.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the Las Vegas team. If they do well I would definitely support the Bills organization as a whole making the move to the UFL. It's clear by this time that we are not cut out for the NFL, but I bet we could be a contender in the UFL...think about it!

XFL was by far more stupid. The UFL has to start somewhere.

Agreed. I'm hoping it turns into a developmental league for the NFL. NFL Europe was trying to survive in an environment where "football" means soccer. I just think there wasn't a whole lot of interest over there. I think a developmental league will have a much greater chance of surviving here. JMO