Get a grip people

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
If the offense was holding back, the entire team is doing one heckuva sandbagging job not letting it on. Someone might remotely believe this if things didn't look so similar to their final games in 2008. The Bills failed to score TD's in three of their final 5 games and only scored 60 points in those games.

DJ could not out game plan rookie HC's in Sparano and Singletary, and a soon to be fired Romeo Crennel,

And since he's been HC in Buffalo, he's 0-6 against Belichick. I doubt he's purposely holding back. He's also 13-43 against teams that make the playoffs.

I have absolutely no argument for our coaching staff. ;)

While I agree moving the chains is a noble goal, you MUST make big plays to win in the NFL. Defenses are too good to consistenly allow 10+ play scoring drives.

Agreed. I saw the Redskins QB, Jason Campbell, interviewed on the sidelines during their game this weekend. The interviewer said that it looked like they were taking some shots downfield. He said yes they were. He said you can't win in this league by dinking and dunking your way down the field. I hope DJ and Trent were watching.

The impression I'm getting is we have intentionally held back on some of the things we are working on with our offense in the hopes of catching the Pats unprepared. I heard rumor of practicing dump offs and screens, but seen none of it against the Steelers. Belicheat is to smart to ever take any team for granted, but in my opinion when it comes to our offense he is in the dark as much as we are right now and that's exactly the way DJ intended it to be.

I hope you are right dog...I really do... I just have never seen anything from Jauron to show that he has that much moxy or gamesmanship in him, as a coach...but I keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills come out and give the Patriots, and all of us, something to think about this season.

I hope you are right dog...I really do... I just have never seen anything from Jauron to show that he has that much moxy or gamesmanship in him, as a coach...but I keeping my fingers crossed that the Bills come out and give the Patriots, and all of us, something to think about this season.

Agreed. It would be a big step forward if they play well enough to beat the spread. I don't think it will happen...just sayin...

He's not as smart as belicheat and he knows it so he has to be sly like a fox. ;)

(The whole team is flying under the radar right now)

I hope you are right but something tells me DJ just isn't that kind of coach. Tank it during pre-season and show up with Trent working the whole field (Throwing it "Down Field" is a little too simple) in a surprisingly effective no huddle K-Gun style attack just doesn't exactly scream Jauron (A blank piece of paper screams Jauron).

To me if this team was coached by a rookie coordinator I would say maybe just maybe that's true but with DJ you have to see it to believe it. To me this team has some talent (About 8 wins worth of talent) but DJ is struggling to put it in place. I hope you are right though.

Don't get me wrong I don't think this team is going to go 0-16 or anything like that but 7-9 seems about right to me. BUT its the NFL you never know what is going to happen on paper means sh--. IF the Bills stay healthy and get a few in game bounces and some unexpected production we could go 10-6 and sneak a wild card spot. The Bills are a middle of the pack NFL team so there is the punchers chance the Bills do something good this season.

you obviously havent been paying attention Mr 39 posts

I think bringing up a post count is irrelevant, because I've been on this block as long or longer than most...... ;) (do people actually think post counts matter how long u been posting or reading?)

He is being optimistic and positive.........sheesh, its not a bad thing being a bills fans with those characteristics, we need more of that.

Not rosey shades but atleast hope......

That is a good hope to have, but then there is the little matter of DJ's record against the Pats...and must be why the Bills are already 10 point underdogs in an early line.

Also, if this is a decoy, how many starters are going to play Thursday and play terrible at home to keep up the act? ;)

I would love to think that DJ is that smart as well but highly doubt it. But I just like Dog am optimistic that somethings are being held back. We do look extremely bad, almost too bad. Im not saying that we are purposely playing bad. If they were holding back I think they would be holding back actual plays game plans they expect to take into MNF. You would also have to believe that DJ can actually produce a better gameplan for Bellicheat. Im not exactly optimistic about that part but stranger things have happened.

As far as the starters in Thursays home game...

DJ has already ruled out many of the starters. I would be suprised if any starters played 1 full series. With the exception of maybe the O-Line, or D-Line.

No we won't go to the super bowl anytime soon but the season hasn't even started and most of the people on this board have written the team off. This kind of mentality is self-fulfilling. Chances are that we won't win the first game, hell we may go 0-3. I can imagine the mess that would cause. I just wish we would give this team a chance and let them play a quarter of the season before we say the sky is falling. I don't doubt we will have a new coach next year and start over again but what about this year. With a little luck I think this team can compete with any other team in the league. That is the nature of the NFL. Enough with doom and gloom. Get off this board if all you want to do is whine like little girls. Go rake some leaves or mow the grass and come back after the Bills have played a real game to add something productive to the conversation.

Why don't you park your arrogance some place else?

It is absolutely appropriate to discuss the team's fortunes around here, in fact, I dare say that is the primary reason people come here at all, at least the people not looking to put others down in a pathetic attempt to raise themsleves up.

It is absolutely appropriate to discuss the team's fortunes around here, in fact, I dare say that is the primary reason people come here at all, at least the people not looking to put others down in a pathetic attempt to raise themsleves up.

Really? That's what you took from my post. I don't get it. Funny how I got bashed for pointing out that the season hasn't started. Whatever. This site and my team have reached a new low. In the past you have been one of my favorite posters. Et tu Brute

Go Bills

Guest dog14787
I hope you are right but something tells me DJ just isn't that kind of coach. Tank it during pre-season and show up with Trent working the whole field (Throwing it "Down Field" is a little too simple) in a surprisingly effective no huddle K-Gun style attack just doesn't exactly scream Jauron (A blank piece of paper screams Jauron).

To me if this team was coached by a rookie coordinator I would say maybe just maybe that's true but with DJ you have to see it to believe it. To me this team has some talent (About 8 wins worth of talent) but DJ is struggling to put it in place. I hope you are right though.

Don't get me wrong I don't think this team is going to go 0-16 or anything like that but 7-9 seems about right to me. BUT its the NFL you never know what is going to happen on paper means sh--. IF the Bills stay healthy and get a few in game bounces and some unexpected production we could go 10-6 and sneak a wild card spot. The Bills are a middle of the pack NFL team so there is the punchers chance the Bills do something good this season.

I didn't count them all , but I remember allot of TD's thrown in practices to TO and Lee and even if we wanted to resemble what its like with TO on the field its still impossible without him because he is that good. Lee puts TO into single coverage, TO puts lee into single coverage. There's not much doubt in my mind our OC is keeping the play calling as far away from what we will do in a real game as he can because we need every advantage we can get. Its the first regular season game, we already know you can catch the Pats off guard on the first game because we have done it before and I think we will do it again.

Its all on the O-line ( and RB's apparently), if we can protect and run block, we will compete.

Neither you - nor I - should be dishing out statements about arrogance.

;)

The impression I'm getting is we have intentionally held back on some of the things we are working on with our offense in the hopes of catching the Pats unprepared. I heard rumor of practicing dump offs and screens, but seen none of it against the Steelers. Belicheat is to smart to ever take any team for granted, but in my opinion when it comes to our offense he is in the dark as much as we are right now and that's exactly the way DJ intended it to be.

hahaha...this should almost be in the Trent Edwards excuse thread.

Like I said in the thread about whether or not this is all a smoke screen...You can keep your offense vanilla, rest T.O. and always use the no huddle as a ploy to keep our offense disguised, but you cant coach Trent to play this bad. Trent struggles are real, not a coaching move.

One of the biggest differences between Trent and a succesful QB are this: A succesful QB throws the ball to where the WR will be open and Trent waits until the WR is open. Until Trent can read a defense faster, progress through his read, and more importantly knows where to put the ball before the WR gets there then he will never be able to have any consistency...and thats just Football 101. Because he cant do this he is late on his reads, hesitates, fails to see wide open players, throws the ball late, checksdown too much, and holds the ball way too long. Truth is, Trent does not have a strong enough arm to be forcing passes in there late...he has to get the ball in the air in their break...

Guest dog14787
hahaha...this should almost be in the Trent Edwards excuse thread.

Like I said in the thread about whether or not this is all a smoke screen...You can keep your offense vanilla, rest T.O. and always use the no huddle as a ploy to keep our offense disguised, but you cant coach Trent to play this bad. Trent struggles are real, not a coaching move.

One of the biggest differences between Trent and a succesful QB are this: A succesful QB throws the ball to where the WR will be open and Trent waits until the WR is open. Until Trent can read a defense faster, progress through his read, and more importantly knows where to put the ball before the WR gets there then he will never be able to have any consistency...and thats just Football 101. Because he cant do this he is late on his reads, hesitates, fails to see wide open players, throws the ball late, checksdown too much, and holds the ball way too long. Truth is, Trent does not have a strong enough arm to be forcing passes in there late...he has to get the ball in the air in their break...

Seriously, find another team like the bears and go whine and cry on their board.

Seriously, find another team like the bears and go whine and cry on their board.

Wow, why dont you plug your ears, close your eyes, and hold breath while stomping your feet too...I love how you ignore all the football disucssion in the post and respond like this...you are another "Love our beloved Trents sorry performance or go root for another team" people.

Its one thing if you hate on the team just to hate on the team because of the history of losing, but just because someone sees Trent in a different light than you (called "reality") doesnt mean they are not true fans. Seriously, you and Magox should date...hit em up, I am sure he will love to.