2010 HOFer Andre Reed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed is probably going to lose out in a numbers game in the near future. There are some superstar WRs going in soon, and to writers who didn't watch him play, he's going to look like a guy who played a long time and accumulated numbers without being a gamebreaker. None of his seasons were in the top 100 for receptions, yards, and TDs. He just kept playing well for a long time, and Art Monk seems to prove that the voters will make you wait a decade before they decide that's enough.

Well said. I don't think they will ever vote Reed in.

Reed was better than Tim Brown and Cris Carter.

I agree, but the voters haven't seen it that way with Carter, and I'm guessing the same thing will happen with Brown.

She was comparing Reed to the other people he's facing for induction THIS year.

I can guarantee that Lori has forgotten more about football than you'll ever know. Now STFU new guy and sing us your fight song.

You can STFU, I can respond to a post if a want. Dont like it, dont read it. She talked numbers, I responded numbers. Try not to be a monumental kiss ass to a mod okay douchebag

Numbers? You want to use numbers, okay

So why is Art Monk in the HOF and Reed is not, if you want to go by numbers?

Fail.

You tell her! I can't stand that Lori person...just because she's a moderater, she thinks she knows something about football. She's always chiming in to every thread as though she has any idea what the game's about. Next thing you know, she's going to claim to be a journalist. It's about time someone put her in her place!

Reed was better than Tim Brown and Cris Carter.

I like Andre a lot.But I believe both Carter and Brown were better receivers than him--slightly.And most people outside of Buffalo would agree with me. Still think Andre deserves to be in though.

Numbers? Reed is the only WR on that list without 1,000 catches or 100 TDs. Those are the numbers that will matter to the voters.

^^ What she said ^^

Reed was a GREAT receiver. He will be in the HOF. BUT there is no way he is getting in on the same ballot as Rice, Brown and Carter. He'll be waiting a few years....