We won't know what kind of team we have til week 9

Tcali

Everyone jumps to conclusions in the first 3 weeks of the season. SB contenders are declared. -And as usual 70% of the teams looking good the first 3-6 games of the season look like hell by game 9. And vice versa.

There are a few sure bets..NE and uhmmmm....hmmm..I really meant a few. The baltimores and the Jacksonvilles and even now the Colts and the Cowboys.You don't know if these teams are going to be 12-4 or 7-9. Even PITT could end up 8-8 this year.

Im pretty sure we already know what kind of a team the Bills are going to be....a sub .500 team

Jauron will not be fired during the season and will most likely be back in 2010 unless something drastic happens like a 3-13 or 4-12 season so get used to him being around

Im pretty sure we already know what kind of a team the Bills are going to be....a sub .500 team

Jauron will not be fired during the season and will most likely be back in 2010 unless something drastic happens like a 3-13 or 4-12 season so get used to him being around

Yes--but we need to find out if we are a 7-9 joke or a 7-9 improving /lose the close ones/hang in there with the good teams team.

What a load of BS, if the Bills get pounded by the Patriots in week one, we will all know what to expect the rest of the season.

On the other hand IF they pull off a miracle and beat the Patriots, then your point might be valid. But after watching the Bills and Edwards play against that Packers 3-4, I doubt they will even keep the game close at NE.

Everyone jumps to conclusions in the first 3 weeks of the season. SB contenders are declared. -And as usual 70% of the teams looking good the first 3-6 games of the season look like hell by game 9. And vice versa.

There are a few sure bets..NE and uhmmmm....hmmm..I really meant a few. The baltimores and the Jacksonvilles and even now the Colts and the Cowboys.You don't know if these teams are going to be 12-4 or 7-9. Even PITT could end up 8-8 this year.

According to the tenets of statistical mechanics, you cannot even know both the position and velocity of an electron.

By week four, the Bills could could be a yeast infection annoying Paris Hilton.

I really think he'll be gone after a NE blow-out loss and a loss in the home opener - - -Brandon will threaten to quit.

As good a measure as any. By week 9 we will have played 1 game against each of our AFC East teams.

Jauron does not have the luxury of a slow start, but a strong finish and a split against the Pats, Jets, and Phins could save his butt.

How many teams open the season 0-3 and make the playoffs?

Starting 0-3

You'd better jump to conclusions after Week 3. Do the research first.

According to the tenets of statistical mechanics, you cannot even know both the position and velocity of an electron.

exactly what i was going to say

I agree with you.

The hurry up offense, reshuffled OL, inserting Maybin, It could be as long as mid season.

You may even have a new head coach by then <_<

Then, it will take the rest of the season to straighten that mess out

What a load of BS, if the Bills get pounded by the Patriots in week one, we will all know what to expect the rest of the season.

On the other hand IF they pull off a miracle and beat the Patriots, then your point might be valid. But after watching the Bills and Edwards play against that Packers 3-4, I doubt they will even keep the game close at NE.

ahh so the first game of the season is win or lose for them.

Thanks idiot

If the Bills get pounded by the Patriots in week one, we had better not hear how the team did not practice or game plan for the Pats, but if you look at DJ's record against them, is there really much of a chance to beat the Pats in their home opener?

Exactly. If we get pounded by NE we're done for. If we get pounded by NE in week 1 and lose to the

Bucs at home, we're without question done for (I think the Bucs finish with a bottom 10 record).

If we beat NE, than you're right we'll knwo what we got mid season.

I think Jauron will be gone if the Bills start poorly. Ralph will promote April as interim head coach. This way he's not spending on a new coach this year.

The problem with needing a miracle to win a game means they would still be a lousy team. As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather they lose a close, hard fought game where we competed and showed that we can play with the Patriots, than to beat them by some crazy series of flukes and still be a bad team.

The problem with needing a miracle to win a game means they would still be a lousy team. As crazy as it sounds, I'd rather they lose a close, hard fought game where we competed and showed that we can play with the Patriots, than to beat them by some crazy series of flukes and still be a bad team.

The Bills O line is still a major concern, they simply haven't played together long enough to gain any kind of continuity and the stunts and blitzes the Patriots will throw at them will completely overwhelm them because they just haven't seen enough action together, and I highly doubt the coaching staff will prepare them for what they will see.

The passing game is still a work in progress, with TO being hurt these last few weeks, Trent Edwards simply cannot build a passing rapport with him,they both need to learn each others nuances and tendencies.

The Bills still lack a dominate tight end, fullback, pass rush and rushing attack, and in my view the team is still very much a complete mess across the board, because I dislike their offensive and defensive schemes,the Tampa 2 and the Mike Martz offense stink.

Everything has to do with confidence and the Bills just don't have much at this point, Green Bay is a good team and they tore the Bills a new one. The Patriots should be a great team this season...and should completely destroy Buffalo, which might have lasting ramifications for the season. Other teams will see exactly how Belichick plans to exploit the Bills weaknesses and do the same, week after week.

Its a good thing Schonert installed the no huddle because it seems most every team in the NFL is now utilizing some form of it and the Bills defense will see it often,so it is good that they practice against it in camp.

Yes--but we need to find out if we are a 7-9 joke or a 7-9 improving /lose the close ones/hang in there with the good teams team.

When you have gone 7-9 for three straight seasons, and you go 7-9 again-how in the h*ll can it be any type of improvement? It can't, common sense.

Ralph Wilson is more football savvy then most realize, he wanted Jauron to fire Turk Schonert at the end of last season and Jauron said no and cited "continuity". He wanted to retain the same coaches and system for his young QB, thinking that the Bills can develop Edwards into a top QB, if given time. He brought in TO to help open up the deep passing game and give Edwards a big time target to throw to.

Wilson watched the games last season and saw what we saw, Schonert calling some of the most lame plays ever, against some of the weaker teams, that Buffalo should have beaten.

Marv Levy endorsed Jauron and perhaps that is why Mr Wilson is giving the guy more time to bring this young team around.

But, I think Jauron is on thin ice at this point and should the Bills start out poorly with losses against division opponents in the first half of the season,he might be going bye bye,by the bye. 2-6 as I see it as Edwards won't make it out of NE on his feet with the current offense.

At NE, L

Home TB, W

Home Saints, L

At Miami, L

Home Browns,W

At Jets, L

At Carolina, L

Home, Texans L

BYE

At Titans

At Jags

Home Miami

Toronto Jets

At Chiefs

Home Patriots

At Falcons

Home Indy

If Jauron is as smart as his college degree suggests, and knowing what he see's with his O line and passing game at this point, he will make Schonert focus more on building a power running game to protect Edwards and setup the passing game with the run.

Yes we pound them like we did when Bledsoe was quarterback LMAO

I don't know why I come to these boards only a few of you ever make valid statements. Other fans don't need to take cheap shots at our team you guys do it enough for every team in the league. The only thing I can agree with is when one of you makes a comment about RW because no one can over rule him he makes bad decisions. Why don't you listen to the players and coaches who have either played with or against our players and coaches instead of running your mouth about one of the most feared DEs in the AFC or a coach that is well liked by his players and peers.

Ralph Wilson is more football savvy then most realize, he wanted Jauron to fire Turk Schonert at the end of last season and Jauron said no and cited "continuity". He wanted to retain the same coaches and system for his young QB, thinking that the Bills can develop Edwards into a top QB, if given time. He brought in TO to help open up the deep passing game and give Edwards a big time target to throw to....

Would you happen to have a link to something that mentions this. I ask because, if true, it would be the first time I can think of that one of RW's HCs defied a direct order and kept his job. And it that's the case then it signals to me a sea-change in RWs thinking.

GO BILLS!!!

Would you happen to have a link to something that mentions this. I ask because, if true, it would be the first time I can think of that one of RW's HCs defied a direct order and kept his job. And it that's the case then it signals to me a sea-change in RWs thinking.

GO BILLS!!!

You took the words right out of my mouth. I think that statement is something from his imagination, and if not, if Ralph told Jauron to fire someone and he didn't, and they are both still there, Ralph needs to go.

I still wanna know how people on this board can possibly make all these judgments about us going 3-13 or 4-12 just beacuse we lost 1 pre season game that we didn't have our best playmaker even playing in. And let's think about this fellas, Do the starters really give a f%$# about the pre season? I highly dought it. Why would they wanna risk gettin injured during a game that doesn't mean anything that could possibly screw over a future paycheck of their's? And look back at all the great teams that we did have with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, even back than we sucked during the Pre Season. My point is that the Pre Season doesn't mean f$#% to these guys and we should at least wait until a couple weeks into the Regular Season before we make these judgements

Edit- On the other hand we do still have that same lame dick coach so I can't question others for thinking this, I guess I'm just too much of a optimist :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!

Wilson did say he was unhappy with some of the playcalling, but I don't know that it ever rose to the level of "fire Schonert." Indeed, as you noted, defying Ralph on an assistant-coaching change didn't work out so well for Wade Phillips.

Here's what Tim wrote last December: Bills plod Jauron and on and on and ...

Although it's suggested but not spelled out in Wilson's statement, a league source said Jauron's contract gives him complete hiring-and-firing control over his staff and that no changes are expected.

That means offensive coordinator Turk Schonert probably will be back despite Wilson's declaration "I share many of the fans' dissatisfaction with our offensive game management."

Hell, I jumped to an asinine conclusion at week 6 of last year.

I still wanna know how people on this board can possibly make all these judgments about us going 3-13 or 4-12 just beacuse we lost 1 pre season game that we didn't have our best playmaker even playing in. And let's think about this fellas, Do the starters really give a f%$# about the pre season? I highly dought it. Why would they wanna risk gettin injured during a game that doesn't mean anything that could possibly screw over a future paycheck of their's? And look back at all the great teams that we did have with Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas, even back than we sucked during the Pre Season. My point is that the Pre Season doesn't mean f$#% to these guys and we should at least wait until a couple weeks into the Regular Season before we make these judgements

Edit- On the other hand we do still have that same lame dick coach so I can't question others for thinking this, I guess I'm just too much of a optimist :thumbsup:

1) Do you mean the starters are so comfortable with their positions they can not give a f%$# about the pre season-we're in trouble

2) If the offense woes are all attributed to the absence of 35 year old Wr, thats a historic locker room cancer - we're in trouble

Comparing this years team with the super bowl teams is crazy, Marv's teams had alot of veterans who were comfortable with their place on the team. They knew they were going deep into post-season so the pre season held little importance.

As a veteran of 46 Buffalo Bills season I've seen 17 post season and 29 mediocre to bad seasons, I think number 30 is upon us.

Wilson did say he was unhappy with some of the playcalling, but I don't know that it ever rose to the level of "fire Schonert." Indeed, as you noted, defying Ralph on an assistant-coaching change didn't work out so well for Wade Phillips.

The truth of the matter is that no one is sure whether DJ wanted to keep or replace Snert &/or Fewell, or whether RW had a say in the matter or the GM or...or....or.

The more I watch and the more I see of this team, the more I'm starting to feel that the fundamental problems are with Schonert & Fewell, specifically at the schemes & play-calling levels. Not absolving DJ here, just raising the possibility that regardless of why Schonert and Fewell are still on the team, more blame may belong on their shoulders and a bit less on Jauron's.

Am I reaching? Yeah, maybe.

True, because we always take everything that happens in a preseason game as gospel for what exactly will happen in the regular season.

The truth of the matter is that no one is sure whether DJ wanted to keep or replace Snert &/or Fewell, or whether RW had a say in the matter or the GM or...or....or.

The more I watch and the more I see of this team, the more I'm starting to feel that the fundamental problems are with Schonert & Fewell, specifically at the schemes & play-calling levels. Not absolving DJ here, just raising the possibility that regardless of why Schonert and Fewell are still on the team, more blame may belong on their shoulders and a bit less on Jauron's.

Am I reaching? Yeah, maybe.

You didn't buy Jauron's explanation that he, not Schonert, called that fateful Losman rollout against the Jets, did you? Me neither.

Eh. We'll see what they look like once Owens gets back into the lineup, and I agree with the original poster that the line will still be very much a work in progress for the first part of the season.

Also, I have been advised that while the Bills did not practice against a live 3-4 in camp, they do get some looks vs. it during walk-though periods. Not the same, but (slightly) better than nothing, I suppose.

Also, I have been advised that while the Bills did not practice against a live 3-4 in camp, they do get some looks vs. it during walk-though periods. Not the same, but (slightly) better than nothing, I suppose.

If this is true, or worse, if there has been no 3-4 work, then I can't understand just how the Bills think their still "young" QB will improve. At least bolt his behind down in the film room for an hour a day and make him watch reruns of the Clevelnad game last year until he loses his mind the way all of the fans had to.

I really wonder at times if Jauron and crew are simply just outsmarting themselves. I know they work hard and they want to win. However, at times they just seem to overlook the obvious. On my list are:

• You fail to practice agains 3-4 looks in the offseason when you were owned by the scheme last year
  • You bring in TO but do nothing else to really shore up receiving talent - after TO, Evans and Reed there is no proven depth (yeah yeah Johnson had five total catches last year so he is now "proven")
  • You trade your starting LT and do nothing to try to bring in talent to shore up this position
  • Related to the above, you do nothing to improve your offensive line in the draft for years
  • You have one aging pass rush threat - your only answer is to draft a player that is a one year wonder and may be two or three away from consistently contributing
  • Your unproven OC failed miserably last year and you expect that his "no huddle approach" will change this

I hope against all odds this team overcomes what appears to be very poor history and very poor momentum so far this year. I doubt they will.

I think it's the other way around; Paris Hilton would be annoying the yeast infection.

You didn't buy Jauron's explanation that he, not Schonert, called that fateful Losman rollout against the Jets, did you? Me neither.

Eh. We'll see what they look like once Owens gets back into the lineup, and I agree with the original poster that the line will still be very much a work in progress for the first part of the season.

I have difficulty believing that Jauron micro manages the game at the individual play level. Regardless of how Schonert and Fewell were originally chosen for their respective jobs as well as why they still have them, the offense and especially the defense is okay when matched up well with opponents. But when either the offense or defense is having trouble, neither coordinator has shown much propensity for flexibility, making effective adjustments or innovation.

I would think that Jauron leaves the majority of the individual play calling and schemes to the coordinators.

That doesn't sound crazy at all. In fact, while the closely played heartbreaking loss is harder to take than a blowout many times, at least you bloodied the nose of the guy in the ring with you. If you're going to lose, let them KNOW they were in a game from the opening kickoff to the final gun.

'Course, I'd prefer we beat 'em 63 to 3.

GO BILLS!!!