The Pack game-planned this one

Simon

You watch what the Pack offense is doing and it becomes obvious that their staff went into this scrimmage with a specific plan to attack the weak points of the Bills defense. Seeing them repeatedly go after same spots in the Buffalo defense over and over again is not a co-incidence.

Offensively the Bills look a bit indecisive and at times even a little disinterested. Unfortunately they are going against a very good unit that is not going through the typical preseason motions. The Pack defense is frequently blitzing, stunting and running zonedawgs all over the place.

The sky is falling crowd that has ruled the roost for the last 20 hours is embarrassing itself.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch what the Pack offense is doing and it becomes obvious that their staff went into this scrimmage with a specific plan to attack the weak points of the Bills defense. Seeing them repeatedly go after same spots in the Buffalo defense over and over again is not a co-incidence.

Offensively the Bills look a bit indecisive and at times even a little disinterested. Unfortunately they are going against a very good unit that is not going through the typical preseason motions. The Pack defense is frequently blitzing, stunting and running zonedawgs all over the place.

The sky is falling crowd that has ruled the roost for the last 20 hours is embarrassing itself.

Let's assume that the Pack did gameplan. How does that excuse the Bills poor play? The Bills mistakes were pretty basic For example on Trent's first pick he locked on to Evens the whole time, then he fired the ball late. What does that have to do with a game plan? Yje Bills line play was equally as sloppy. I agree it is preseason but with Jauron's job on the line and an extra week of play you would think the Bills would look better. They were flat out beat on both sides of the ball.

If you think Bellicheat and the cheatriots* will learn nothing from this game film then the sky is falling on you.

Guest dog14787

I agree, its a little early to be throwing in the towel just yet. :worthy:

Yup, My bro and I were saying the exact same thing, looks like they game planned us, just like the Cowboys did the Titans, but its like I said on another thread, it only helps make us better because this is what we'll face in the regular season.

Let's assume that the Pack did gameplan. How does that excuse the Bills poor play? The Bills mistakes were pretty basic

Uhhh...because when one team game-plans and the other doesn't, the other is frequently presented by formations that confuse the living hell out of them, and in response make basic mistakes? :worthy:

And that first interception was as much Evans' fault (for not coming back to the ball) as much as it was just a great play by two defensive backs and a fluke carom. Calling that a "basic mistike" is rather silly.

I agree, its a little early to be throwing in the towel just yet. :worthy:

Yup, My bro and I were saying the exact same thing, looks like they game planned us, just like the Cowboys did the Titans, but its like I said on another thread, it only helps make us better because this is what we'll face in the regular season.

You really think the Pack game planned? It will only be worse during the season. Perhaps the reasons why it was so easy to pick up on the Bills weak spots is because they are the same as they were last year.

Schobel is still decent against the run

So what? Does this loss not count in the pre-season? Out team just looked unprepared. What's our excuse?

C

Uhhh...because when one team game-plans and the other doesn't, the other is frequently presented by formations that confuse the living hell out of them, and in response make basic mistakes? :worthy:

And that first interception was as much Evans' fault (for not coming back to the ball) as much as it was just a great play by two defensive backs and a fluke carom. Calling that a "basic mistike" is rather silly.

Exactly. That ball was too late in the amount of time it takes a hard pass to travel one foot, Evans needs to come back a foot more than he did, and the CB made a tremendous break on the ball, timed it perfectly and just got it to tip straight up in the air. 9 times out of 10 that's a completion. That was just a tremendous play by the DB and defense as a whole. And a tiny miss by Trent and a tiny miss by Evans.

Guest dog14787
Let's assume that the Pack did gameplan. How does that excuse the Bills poor play? The Bills mistakes were pretty basic For example on Trent's first pick he locked on to Evens the whole time, then he fired the ball late. What does that have to do with a game plan? Yje Bills line play was equally as sloppy. I agree it is preseason but with Jauron's job on the line and an extra week of play you would think the Bills would look better. They were flat out beat on both sides of the ball.

If you think Bellicheat and the cheatriots* will learn nothing from this game film then the sky is falling on you.

Marv Levy used the preseason to evaluate players and going 0-4 , 1-3 meant nothing to him and if you want to be dumb enough to give your regular season opponents more useful game film to study, more power to you.

Did belicheat gain much from watching last nights game someone like yourself might ask, no, not in my opinion they didn't because our coaching staff is smart enough not to play a preseason game like they will a regular season game.

If you think Edwards locking on to Evans the entire play is not a "basic mistake" then you are mistaken. I rewound that play twice just to verify - there is no doubt that Trent did not even look anywhere else. The DB just had to lock on and wtch the ball come in.

Next series the Bills center gets an illegal motion - again pretty basic mistake. Now they ar ein 2nd and 15. The lfet side of the GB d-line just crushes the Bills pass protection - OK maybe not a mistake but they got their asses kicked. Not much game plan to that.

Watch the game again. The Bills were simply outplayed and they dug themselves into holes due to their own mistakes.

Marv Levy used the preseason to evaluate players and going 0-4 , 1-3 meant nothing to him and if you want to be dumb enough to give your regular season opponents more useful game film to study, more power to you.

Did belicheat gain much from watching last nights game someone like yourself might ask, no, not in my opinion they didn't because our coaching staff is smart enough not to play a preseason game like they will a regular season game.

Your comparison to Levy is pointless. Except for one or maybe two positions in any given year Levy had his starters. So to your point the preseason was a joke for him.

If you think the current version of the Bills can afford to take the same approach you deceive yourself.

Schobel is still decent against the run

He's also displaying a very good bullrush on multiple occasions that's getting him deep into the pocket.

Do you really think Belichik needs this piece of film to hand Jauron his ass?

Perhaps the reasons why it was so easy to pick up on the Bills weak spots is because they are the same as they were last year.

The big one is the same. But Whitner's move to the Free and Schobel's return change things a little bit.

So what? Does this loss not count in the pre-season?

Ummmm, no?

It's a freaking scrimmage.

Might possibly be that GB has better talent? Just watched the replay of the Bills 3rd offensive series. Raji owned Butler on a bull rush leading to an incompletion. Trent was off the mark on two other passes. Guess the Bills lack of pass protection and Trent making bad throws is all due to the Packer's brilliant gameplan.

Guest dog14787
Your comparison to Levy is pointless. Except for one or maybe two positions in any given year Levy had his starters. So to your point the preseason was a joke for him.

If you think the current version of the Bills can afford to take the same approach you deceive yourself.

Game planning a preseason game is pointless in my opinion.

Marv Levy's player evaluation approach during preseason wouldn't change regardless of who he has on his team and if you think otherwise, your deceiving yourself.

Might possibly be that GB has better talent? Just watched the replay of the Bills 3rd offensive series. Raji owned Butler on a bull rush leading to an incompletion. Trent was off the mark on two other passes. Guess the Bills lack of pass protection and Trent making bad throws is all due to the Packer's brilliant gameplan.

Yes, my point was that the Bills played a perfect game and made no mistakes. :worthy:

Trent looked shaky all night.

Yes, my point was that the Bills played a perfect game and made no mistakes. :worthy:

Trent looked shaky all night.

Now just watched the Packers series leading to their second touchdown. Here was the Packer's Gameplan:

• Schoebel lines up offsides giving them an easy 5 yards
  • Ellison gets a pass interference on a ball that was so poorly thrown the TE would not have had much of a play on it anyway
  • McGee gets cought flat footed on a ball that was underthrown that Driver made a nice adjustment to.
  • The pack runs a basic off tackle run that leads to a score.

Sorry but once again the Bills greatly contributed to their own shortcomings. I agree this is preseason but the Bills are not playing like a team that knows their coache's job is on the line. They are sloppy, slow and full of mistakes. Let's hope this all miraculously changes with the start for the real season. This team is so good (like the Kelly era) that they can afford to show this slop in the preseason.

Continue to convince yourself that none of this matters when the Bills start the season 0-4. At least then Bills nation will be unified in the belief that jauron needs to go.

I know. What else should they do? Why shouldn't a coach take the opportunity to plan and practice against its opponents weakness--especially in pre-season?

Is it poor etiquette or something?

I don't think it's a matter of should or shouldn't. Some coaches do it sometimes and others don't.

When they do the differences are tangible; just trying to point out this was one of those times.

Marv levy had a veteran team that didnt need the preseason....same cant be said for this group

Now just watched the Packers series leading to their second touchdown. Here was the Packer's Gameplan:

• Schoebel lines up offsides giving them an easy 5 yards
  • Ellison gets a pass interference on a ball that was so poorly thrown the TE would not have had much of a play on it anyway
  • McGee gets cought flat footed on a ball that was underthrown that Driver made a nice adjustment to.
  • The pack runs a basic off tackle run that leads to a score.

#1 - Yes, a mistake

#2 - attacking Ellison for the 10th time in the game. Gee, what a co-incidence.

#3 - Rodgers audibles into a fadestop when he sees McGee with no help over the top. Perfectly executed.

#4 - attacking Kelsay/Ellison for the 11th time that night. Gee what a co-incidence.

but one thing that really bothered was our OL getting pushed around badly only because this is supposed to be a strength for us this year

What on Earth made you think that 5 guys playing wholly different position, 2 of them rookies, was supposed to be a strenght for us this year? :worthy:

Simon, what's your take on Nic Harris? Just curious, as you often don't see things the way the crowd sees them.

I'm with the crowd on this one. Seems to me like he has really good awareness, is decisive, and hits. I could live with with a few big rookie mistakes along the way if it's in the service of acclimating a guy who seems to know how to make things happen.

Would you start him?

I'm with the crowd on this one. Seem to me like he has really good awareness, is decisive, and hits. I could live with with a few big rookie mistakes along the way if it's in the service of acclimating a guy who seems to know how to make things happen.

I could have typed the the exact same paragraph.

Without hesitation, he'd have been my starter coming out of camp.

What do you suppose Dick and his staff do when they're not game planning?

There's nothing good on TV, and Buffalo isn't exactly Las Vegas.

Maybe counting backwards from three?

BTW this is about the 10th time, so far, they've deleted this very same comment.

Somehow, it must violate the TOS. Probably the rule about "NO FUN!".

You might want to check your messages, cuz if you keep it up you're leaving.

#1 - Yes, a mistake

#2 - attacking Ellison for the 10th time in the game. Gee, what a co-incidence.

#3 - Rodgers audibles into a fadestop when he sees McGee with no help over the top. Perfectly executed.

#4 - attacking Kelsay/Ellison for the 11th time that night. Gee what a co-incidence.

Your premise in this thread though is that GB looked so much better because they gameplanned. #1 and #3 have nothing to do with a gameplan. #2 and #4 ... if that was the gameplan ...well brilliant ... hope the Bills have a counter to it when the real season starts.

BTW Raji owned the Buffalo O-line - now watching the Bills series at the start of the 2Q - Raji just took Hangartner (sp?) for a ride . He did the same with Wood and Butler earlier. Not much gameplanning needed when your rookie NT can take on our o-line at willand make them look stupid. Again hope the Bills find an answer for this. Grnated they were not double teaming him but Lord he looked like a man playing against boys.

Not only that but when the Bills starters were in pre-season games, particularly on offense, they marched the length of the field at a blistering pace and punched it in for touchdowns.

BTW this is about the 13th time, so far, they've (some moderator) deleted this very same comment.

Simon, do you think that nobody sees what you're up to here? BTW, what's the title of your thread, and how is my post off topic? Explain...

...and thanks for the threatening PM.

BTW this is about the 13th time, so far, they've (some moderator) deleted this very same comment.

Simon, do you think that nobody sees what you're up to here? BTW, what's the title of your thread, and how is my post off topic? Explain...

...and thanks for the threatening PM.

What I'm up to?

You mean trying to talk about football?

On a football board?

You'd figure you'd learn after the the first 12 times and two polite warnings. Guess not.

Bye....

Embarrassing but not surprising. Some of them seem to get more joys (see lack of posts after preseason game 2) out of losing then winning.

I agree with you 100%.

But the Bills did look bad, but for pete's sake it is only a preseason game. People are spastic.

Guest dog14787
Not only that but when the Bills starters were in pre-season games, particularly on offense, they marched the length of the field at a blistering pace and punched it in for touchdowns.

Not sure what Jim kelly and Co. going down the field and punching the ball in has to do with anything, sometimes they did, sometimes they didn't, it had no bearing on what Marv levy was trying to accomplish during preseason which was evaluate players. No game planning or learning how to win football games by blitzing and throwing everything at your opponent except the kitchen sink...

Marv Levy could care less at what the scoreboard showed during preseason, but times are changing that much is for sure, at least with some teams it is.

... I can't bring myself to watch the game but it does reek of "game planning" ... it does make the other team look really bad ... do the Bills stlll have issues ?, they sure do ... but I don't think they're that bad ... I'll wait to see how they play in the regular season first ...

... I can't bring myself to watch the game but it does reek of "game planning" ... it does make the other team look really bad ... do the Bills stlll have issues ?, they sure do ... but I don't think they're that bad ... I'll wait to see how they play in the regular season first ...

They got knocked around pretty good at times by a better team (a legit SB contender imo). But it wasn't nearly as bad as many are making it out to be.

I think watching it might make you realize the reality is less disturbing than the hyperbole.

They got knocked around pretty good at times by a better team (a legit SB contender imo). But it wasn't nearly as bad as many are making it out to be.

I think watching it might make you realize the reality is less disturbing than the hyperbole.

All I had to go on was that really crappy feed last night. Thanks for the posts, as I respect your opinion and feel a little better now.

They did not manage to game plan once last year either IN THE REGULAR SEASON, against the teams we face 2 times per year.

The most disturbing thing was not the game itself it was Trents comments in the aftermath that they had not seen a 3-4 defense in practice or many on the team, at all.

Watch the game, yes, maybe it isn't so bad (although BJ Raji's completely effective bull rushes were not GOOD, either).

Watch the press conference again, and consider last years 0-6 against the division debacle, and maybe it is time to worry a bit.

Guest dog14787

We may have actually won the game had we not kept turning the ball over. I thought 2nd and even 3rd string/ Hamdan played fairly well in the second half, good rebound for Hamdan.

All this may be true Simon but coming out listless and lifeless and appearing to be the only Team on the Field who did not Game Plan is not exactly a new phenomenon where the Jauron led Bills are concerned...It's always something...

For Me it's not so much about last night as it is about "Here we go again!"

I think there's about zero chance this team Wins more than 7 Games any Year under Jauron...It all looks the same to Me...And I think without TO it would be 5 at best...And GOD how I hope I'm wrong...

We'll see though...We'll see... :huh: