Doctor (24 yr old) that played with JP at Tulane...

TDRupp

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you all know that this doctor that stitched up my leg last night played with JP Losman for 1 year at Tulane told me he was a very arrogant and aloof guy as far as relationships with his teammates.

This guy loved football and his teammates, but had to quit to focus on his pre-med studies.

Just confirms that JP not only did not have many friend on the team and as was not respected very much there in Tulane either. Nothing we did not already hear rumblings about.

Stiil, I hope JP pulls it together and does well in UFL. I still like him...since I really don't know him... :wallbash:

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you all know that this doctor that stitched up my leg last night played with JP Losman for 1 year at Tulane told me he was a very arrogant and aloof guy as far as relationships with his teammates.

This guy loved football and his teammates, but had to quit to focus on his pre-med studies.

Just confirms that JP not only did not have many friend on the team and as was not respected very much there in Tulane either. Nothing we did not already hear rumblings about.

Stiil, I hope JP pulls it together and does well in UFL. I still like him...since I really don't know him... :wallbash:

Arrogant and good is OK=Jim Kelly...arrogant and bad is not good=JP

Stiil, I hope JP pulls it together and does well in UFL. I still like him...since I really don't know him... <_<

24 years old...4 years med school...residency...Losman graduated in 2003. How old was this Doc when he played with JP? :wallbash:

I talked to me friend in Carolina today who is an ER resident and he told me that some dude came into the ER with a bottle of tabasco stuck up his bum. The dude was really embarassed because his wife showed up at the hospital, so my friend put a few stitches in his leg and the guy told his wife he sliced it on a filing cabinet.

Yet a lot of posterrs here (who never met the JP) can't stop telling us what a "great guy" he was.

Who gives a crap? There's plenty of talk around football that most of the guys who played with Favre can't stand him. Popularity in a locker room means dick as long as the guy can play.

he's a 4th year med student.

then he's not a doctor. Maybe being a 4th year med student qualifies as being a doctor up there in your pats* fantasy land, but in the real world, you need to complete your rotations and pass your boards before you become a "doctor."

then he's not a doctor. Maybe being a 4th year med student qualifies as being a doctor up there in your pats* fantasy land, but in the real world, you need to complete your rotations and pass your boards before you become a "doctor."

Or be a mediocre defensive end on glory-years Bills teams.

Yeah & if he LIED about being a Doctor. He will lie about ANYTHING. That's how they do it in Pats* Land. Just ask Bill*

Who gives a crap? There's plenty of talk around football that most of the guys who played with Favre can't stand him. Popularity in a locker room means dick as long as the guy can play.

You might not want to use Brett Favre as an example of a guy who CAN play.

I never said he was a doc. Simply pointing out the obvious, based on the timeline.

But the public often assumes any guy who is sewing them up in the ED is an MD. Often they are senior students or Physician Assistants. Happens all the time-especially if the guy doesn't properly identify himself as a student or PA. The patient usually doesn't really care, as long as it's done correctly.

In the "real world", chump, you don't need to "pass your boards" before you "become a 'doctor'". You just have to graduate from medical school. In order to obtain a license to practice, you need to pass your Medical Boards.

As in the past, you make a fool of yourself when you don't take a minute to check facts before you rush to respond.

"pats* fantasy land"---another "ace" from Ramius, folks.

I never said he was a doc. Simply pointing out the obvious, based on the timeline.

But the public often assumes any guy who is sewing them up in the ED is an MD. Often they are senior students or Physician Assistants. Happens all the time-especially if the guy doesn't properly identify himself as a student or PA. The patient usually doesn't really care, as long as it's done correctly.

In the "real world", chump, you don't need to "pass your boards" before you "become a 'doctor'". You just have to graduate from medical school. In order to obtain a license to practice, you need to pass your Medical Boards.

As in the past, you make a fool of yourself when you don't take a minute to check facts before you rush to respond.

"pats* fantasy land"---another "ace" from Ramius, folks.

There have been alot of signs about Losman not being a very good teammate & not being well liked in the lockerroom contrary to what some people want to believe on this board. One time I posted an article from a beat guy at UCLA stating as much, stating the guy had unbelievable talent but had a bad attitude & the other qbs made fun of him alot for his cocky ways. Moore said he would never play with him again, coming into the draft he was labeled by some as a coach killer & bad teammate, troy vincent, considered a gentlemen & respected veteran in most NFL circles took it upon himself to take a cheap shot at him in practice to send message, the veteran players revolted the next year when Losman was the starter, he calls out the coaching staff & of all people Ralph Wilson when he got benched for Edwards, & last year I think we could all agree he mailed in the season before it even started because he was not named the starter. Lastly, he does not even get a 2nd chance in the league. This is unheard of among 1st round draft choices. It has been almost like he has been blackballed from the league. I mean when guys like Akili Smith & Cade Mcnown get 2nd/3rd chances it blows my mind that noone could find a spot for Losman on their team. I think at least partially this is a direct result of having a bad rep about his attitude & being labelled a coach killer.

Like someone else said, the guy has a bad attitude plus he is not very good.

There have been alot of signs about Losman not being a very good teammate & not being well liked in the lockerroom contrary to what some people want to believe on this board. One time I posted an article from a beat guy at UCLA stating as much, stating the guy had unbelievable talent but had a bad attitude & the other qbs made fun of him alot for his cocky ways. Moore said he would never play with him again, coming into the draft he was labeled by some as a coach killer & bad teammate, troy vincent, considered a gentlemen & respected veteran in most NFL circles took it upon himself to take a cheap shot at him in practice to send message, the veteran players revolted the next year when Losman was the starter, he calls out the coaching staff & of all people Ralph Wilson when he got benched for Edwards, & last year I think we could all agree he mailed in the season before it even started because he was not named the starter. Lastly, he does not even get a 2nd chance in the league. This is unheard of among 1st round draft choices. It has been almost like he has been blackballed from the league. I mean when guys like Akili Smith & Cade Mcnown get 2nd/3rd chances it blows my mind that noone could find a spot for Losman on their team. I think at least partially this is a direct result of having a bad rep about his attitude & being labelled a coach killer.

Like someone else said, the guy has a bad attitude plus he is not very good.

A good post overall, but I'd like to comment in particular on the bolded portion. The fact that a first round pick like Losman wasn't given a second chance is remarkable, as you point out. If I was forced to speculate about the causes of that, I'd say some of it's because of his bad attitude after being benched, some is because of his overall poor play; and some is because quarterbacks with loads of physical talent but no brains are no longer as popular as they were ten or fifteen years ago. The move away from pocket passers, which had happened back when the Cade McNown and Akili Smith-type players were drafted in the first place, may now be at an end. I think that a lot of general managers have come to realize that de-emphasizing pocket passing ability was a fad that led to a lot of busts. The fact that a lot of people have learned from this mistake is, arguably, a key reason why there is no longer room in the NFL for Losman.