Favre a Viking

Brand J

I don't want to see him injured I'd much rather see his skills diminish below RJ level and let him leave the game a pathetic embarrassment. It would be really funny if he was second string by mid-season. :rolleyes:

:doh:

I loved his enthusiasm....years ago. I really hope his season ends in a train

wreck! :worthy:

Adam Schefter is saying he makes the Vikings a possibility for the Super Bowl now.

God, I hate that stuff. Now we have to endure the Brett Favre watch EVERY WEEK!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus it's almost a done deal. He just needs to pass the physical!

This guy is such a self centered A-hole it's beyond belief. No, I'm not gonna play. Yes I am. No I'm officially retired. No I'm coming back. No let the Vikings QB's know I'm not coming back and the starting QB job is theirs to battle out. Oops sorry guys I was just effing with ya. I really am coming back aren't you all so lucky to bask in the has been glow of one Brett Favre? :doh::worthy:

This guy has an interesting point about Favre's coming back, again! :rolleyes:

Almost got me, ya dildo. :devil:

Why the Vikings are falling over backwards for this guy is a mystery to me. Brett, you should stay retired. Your desire for revenge against Ted Thompson will blow up in your face.

See road wins in NE and Tennessee and 6 tds against the Super Bowl runner ups. The Jets were 4-12 the year before Farve. He is still a good QB and the Vikes are going deep in the playoffs.

All good points, but I'll still believe it when I see it. He fell apart down the stretch last year - the only game he won in the last 5 was because of Jauron's bone-headed play call.

Hmmm...knowing Favre's past, I will believe it when I see him on the field in Cleveland on September 13.

People don't realize that the following "underrated" QBs have all won or led their teams to Super Bowls:

Trent Dilfer

Brad Johnson

David Woodley (!)

Rex Grossman (!!!)

Rich Gannon

Matt Hasselbeck

Tony Eason

Drew Bledsoe

Not a Hall of Famer in that bunch.

The way NFL teams are built these days, you do NOT need a superstar QB to win a Super Bowl. Defense wins championships. The Vikings could have a defense for the ages, with or without Favre.

Personally, I think that Brent's presence could tear a Super Bowl contender apart. It certainly won't help Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels.

Huh? Ever since the Ravens won in 2001, people think you can win without a star QB. That is the biggest joke. Look at the last 20 years, 16 of the Superbowl winners had a Probowl QBs at the helm. Only 4 teams had "average" talent at the QB spot.

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIII

Joe Montana, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIV

Jeff Hostetler, New York Giants - SB XXV

Mark Rypien, Washington Redskins - SB XXVI

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVII

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXVIII

Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers - SB XXIX

Troy Aikman, Dallas Cowboys - SB XXX

Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers - SB XXXI

John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXII

John Elway, Denver Broncos - SB XXXIII

Kurt Warner, St. Louis Rams - SB XXXIV

Trent Dilfer, Baltimore Ravens - SB XXXV

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVI

Brad Johnson, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - SB XXXVII

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXVIII

Tom Brady, New England Patriots - SB XXXIX

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers - SB XL

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts - SB XLI

Eli Manning, New York Giants - SB XLII

Huh? Ever since the Ravens won in 2001, people think you can win without a star QB. That is the biggest joke. Look at the last 20 years, 16 of the Superbowl winners had a Probowl QBs at the helm. Only 4 teams had "average" talent at the QB spot.

Which is proof you CAN win the SB without a superstar at QB.

BTW, some (not me) would have bolded Big Ben's name on that list, too.

Jesus it's almost a done deal. He just needs to pass the physical!

This guy is such a self centered A-hole it's beyond belief. No, I'm not gonna play. Yes I am. No I'm officially retired. No I'm coming back. No let the Vikings QB's know I'm not coming back and the starting QB job is theirs to battle out. Oops sorry guys I was just effing with ya. I really am coming back aren't you all so lucky to bask in the has been glow of one Brett Favre? :doh::worthy:

This guy has an interesting point about Favre's coming back, again! :rolleyes:

just remember the "great" john madden helped create the monster known as favre.

madden was the original favre ballwasher.

says madden, "you see favre threw that ball into quadruple coverage, because he is the only qb that can make that throw. it was picked off due to the wr's inability to get open"

pat summerall, "but john, there was 3 other players open right in front of him for a first down"

john madden, "blasphemy pat! bret is a god! you cant talk about the greatest gunslinger god like that. it's never the golden boy's fault. it's always the rest of the players' faults. even when he gets sacked, bret is doing it as part of HIS gameplan. now let me go wash his balls to make up for your insane comments"

as per usual, espn steals the ideas of anyone who appears to be successful.

my biggest problem with favre is that he takes away from the game moving forward. too much talk about a has been instead of up and comming players.

Two words..."Corey Webster". His INT of Favre in the NFC Championship helped put the Giants in the Super Bowl and was Favre's last pass in Green Bay.

We're going to see a lot more Corey Websters this season. :rolleyes:

Huh? Ever since the Ravens won in 2001, people think you can win without a star QB. That is the biggest joke. Look at the last 20 years, 16 of the Superbowl winners had a Probowl QBs at the helm. Only 5 teams had "average" talent at the QB spot.

Fixed.

Eli Manning has JP Losman like stats, and an unbelievably lucky streak to go along with his bad decision making skills. Otherwise, a very nice compilation of winning QB's and I agree with the intent of this post...

Fixed.

Eli Manning has JP Losman like stats, and an unbelievably lucky streak to go along with his bad decision making skills. Otherwise, a very nice compilation of winning QB's and I agree with the intent of this post...

...and 75% of the bolded QBs played like HOF QBs in the playoffs the year they won. The point is you are clearly MUCH more likely to win a SB with a probowl QB at the helm.

...and 75% of the bolded QBs played like HOF QBs in the playoffs the year they won. The point is you are clearly MUCH more likely to win a SB with a probowl QB at the helm.

Ohh I agree with you totally, I just think ELi is a bag of sh--, and I find it amazing he is considered a top QB in the media....

As ESPN says...Pending a Physical

And Sage Rosenfels thought he might have the starting job...ha!

You have to think that this deal was in place before camp ever started. It really makes me wonder how aware of it Rosenfels and Jackson were.

When it affects my ESPN viewing every single year because the jackass won't make a decision and stand by it, then yeah I tend to get a whole lotta pissy. I mean this guy is a media HOG.

Perhaps you should be pissy with the actual source of your irritation. It is the media which chooses to devote such an absurd amount of time to such a predictable story, not Favre. All he's done is wait and see if his surgically repaired shoulder has recovered adequately and exercise his well-earned veteran's prerogative not to burn out his arm in camp.

Years ago I stopped wasting my time watching or listening to any talking heads on the stupid pregame, post game, midweek media bonanzas, and you know what? Not only do you feel sort of liberated and less annoyed by their repetitive idiocy but you don't know a smidgen less in their absence. Perhaps now would be an excellent time for many of you to make such a clean and rewarding break; you'll be glad you did.